Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kipper
Does that mean you were responsible for the card and gift card to the local brewery I received?
Teehee
FlyingCow, CREN and samosa like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by fishccy
Teehee
I'm excited to check out the brewery! When I last lived in the area, that town's downtown area was basically a ghost town. Now, there's the brewery plus several restaurants, and I'm making plans to visit all of them.
FlyingCow and fishccy like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:52 am

I received two different parcels, one large box of bavarian craft beers and several plants!
Thank you!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:42 am

Beagle lover gifts

thank you Secret Santa for my Beagle related gifts 🐶. The decoration will go up in the doggy bedroom and the apron will come in handy!
holmedown, Tpa-flyer, tcl and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by dp1586

thank you Secret Santa for my Beagle related gifts 🐶. The decoration will go up in the doggy bedroom and the apron will come in handy!
You have a doggie bedroom? Please don't tell my Gracie Girl, or she'll want her own bedroom!
holmedown, FlyingCow and laktonen like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:40 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Dear Santa's Helpers,

Santa is back from his well needed anniversary trip to The Big Island of Hawaii!

They sure take Christmas seriously out there!

I just caught up on all my private messages from being away for 10 days. Thank you all for providing me with updates.

I still have many holes in my spreadsheet... be sure to let me know what you ship as soon as you ship it.... I have had a few people tell me what they got but I have no way to give appropriate credit as I do not know who sent it.

Also, remember to let me know when you receive your gifts and what you actually receive.

NOTE: For those of you shipping internationally, try to understand the Customs requirements so your recipients do not get surprised with tariffs! That happened to an Israeli person getting a gift from Japan. If you are unsure, ask first!

Now... get on those assignments!
FlyingCow, CREN and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:42 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
If anyone would want an additional assignment or join, I could do one more set of assignments on Monday December 6th if I get enough people wanting to participate.

Remember, if you are new, you can only get a second assignment if I received confirmation of receipt of your first gift.

Everyone, please let me know by Sunday Dec 5th if you are interested in another assignment.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:47 am

I just received a splendid package with gifts from CREN! Thank you for the first items under our tree!

Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I received several gifts in the last two days

From CREN, some yummy earl grey shortbread. No pic since my dad dove into eating them and now they are hidden in my office. Delicious!

A cute Dominican Rep magnet. It’s already on my daughter’s magnet board

And an amazing art kit with mini easel, lovely brushes, a small canvas, and fancy acrylic paints. My daughter is going to flip out when she opens it on Xmas morning. Will post pic later.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:22 pm

Programs: AC
First package was just delivered in RI!

Always nice to know that it was received. One more which is on its way to Texas and I am done for the year! Now to wait to see what comes my way.
kauppias likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF WP
If my Israeli recipient gets slugged with tariffs let me know and I’ll reimburse

UPS are making efforts to deliver but very slowly and they just refunded me the postage as a result so I’m up on the deal at present
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by nancypants
If my Israeli recipient gets slugged with tariffs let me know and I’ll reimburse

UPS are making efforts to deliver but very slowly and they just refunded me the postage as a result so I’m up on the deal at present
De Minimis for Israel is 75USD for gifts, so provided you declared under this amount it should be okay.

https://www.export.gov/apex/article2...al%20Shipments.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
De Minimis for Israel is 75USD for gifts, so provided you declared under this amount it should be okay.

https://www.export.gov/apex/article2...al%20Shipments.
well. For the items I’ve mailed myself i have been economical with the values but this particular item came from Amazon so limited opportunity for chicanery
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:08 am

i now we all mean good and sure it not done by purpose

Last edited by try2keepup; Dec 3, 2021 at 6:11 am Reason: mis read
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:25 am

Yesterday, I received a gift from a "partly secret" Santa (although I have some really good clues who it is!). Thank you ever-so much- it's exactly what I wanted.

Redhead, JY1024, tcl and 6 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.