Sunday
brunch at Stella's 9AM
Old Friend's farm
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XV, October 3-6, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure about my April schedule, but for now, I'd like to give a BIG THANKS to toomanybooks and his family for organizing and hosting this. The family involvement and associated southern hospitality make this such a special DO. Plus, they're interesting people to talk with.

I'd also like to thank those who helped with procuring tickets (including clearing the waitlist for me) and organizing dinner reservations (including bringing the bread).

Happy birthday to Zorak who unfortunately didn't announce the date in advance of the festivities.

I hope everyone got home without IROPs and hopefully in with upgrades. My flight arrived almost a half hour early, but then we had to wait almost that long for our gate.

My HR stay apparently posted a couple minutes ago and I got an email welcoming me to another year of Glob status, with two more TSUs deposited in my WOH account. Yay!
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Happy birthday to Zorak who unfortunately didn't announce the date in advance of the festivities.
Thanks! I don't like to make a big deal about it
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Driving home to Chicago through Cincinnati, I found out that Debbie Harry (of Blondie) is here on her book tour. So here I am waiting for the talk to start!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Anyone staying in the Hyatt should check the bill very carefully. They tried to bill me for two of the free waters
They did the same to me. Just checked my folio online and they billed me for 1 water.

Edit: called them today and the accounting dept reversed the charge and already emailed me the updated folio showing refund. Bet they're just slipping it on there hoping most people won't will notice. $4 per bottle of Aquafina is quite the profit margin.

As for April dates, that's so far in the future for me, I have no preference.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Oct 8, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:43 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks to toomanybooks for all the organization/hosting this weekend.

It was as I expected reading about this DO for years it was beyond worth it to finally make it.

I am sure it won't be my last.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Thanks to all for coming. Nice to see you again or get to meet you.

I seek input on your recommendations for dates for the next LEX DO in April, should you have a preference. The weekend choices are

April 3-5
April 10-12 (Easter)
April 17-19

Thanks.
Somehow I've managed to book up every weekend in April already! So I'll see y'all in the fall.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Haven't checked this thread (or FT) since I was in Kentucky but I will also add some belated comments on how much fun it was and great to see everyone again.

To file away for future reference, I finally made it to dinner at Middle Fork Kitchen Bar (between Ethereal Brewing and Crank and Boom, open for Sunday dinner "seasonally" lol) and can report back that it is good and worth a visit. Not every dish was a hit, some of their menu is too creative/overproduced for its own good; overall take: good for group dinners as many dishes are small plates/shareable; food was generally interesting, tasty, and Kentucky-sourced (Kentucky rabbit under glass. Yum!) So, I'm all for adding MFKB to our traditional fine dining rotation of Holly Hill Inn, Heirloom, Merrick Inn, and Distilled.

When it comes to April dates, they all work for me. Slight preference for the first weekend of the meet (Blue Grass Stakes) but fine for any weekend, including Easter.
rxgeek likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Thanks to all for coming. Nice to see you again or get to meet you.

I seek input on your recommendations for dates for the next LEX DO in April, should you have a preference. The weekend choices are

April 3-5
April 10-12 (Easter)
April 17-19

Thanks.
Looks like another fab DO. I hate to miss them and it doesn't happen often. I didn't know that Bulleit had a tour. Tough to top Glenn's Creek, though. I like Herb687's new restaurant suggestion, too.
April 10-12 and 17-19 are my preferences. Daughter's bd is the 3rd.

Last edited by rxgeek; Oct 16, 2019 at 3:45 pm Reason: Name
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bulleit was featured in my local wine store last week.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
OMG! We have to book this for one of the DOs.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stay...170700301.html
Zorak likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Governator
OMG! We have to book this for one of the DOs.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stay...170700301.html
Great stuff! Maybe Thursday of LEX DO week?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 9:32 am

I saw this, IIRC somewhere on TV, and assumed that $23 was a mistake. I wonder why Jim Beam feels the need to market it through AirBnB.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you stayed on points at the Hyatt Regency, check your credit card statement.

I was charged $235.94, even though I had no proper charges.

A quick call to the hotel, option 3 on your keypad, got me to an accounting person who says she has taken it off my CC.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
If you stayed on points at the Hyatt Regency, check your credit card statement.

I was charged $235.94, even though I had no proper charges.

A quick call to the hotel, option 3 on your keypad, got me to an accounting person who says she has taken it off my CC.
That's funny, I used a free night cert at a holiday inn in LEX and they also charged my cc about $47. They apologized and fixed it after a quick phone call to the hotel.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Nov 6, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
That's funny, I used a free night cert at a holiday inn and they also charged my cc about $47. They apologized and fixed it after a quick phone call to the hotel.
Pretty good scam. A non-trivial percentage of people would never notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.