Sunday
brunch at Stella's 9AM
Old Friend's farm
Print Wikipost

LEX Horse & Bourbon DO XV, October 3-6, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just got into the Hyatt so I'm going to be late, but I am coming to dinner at Honeywood.
Well, I got to Honeywood a bit before 9:30 and the hostess told me that you guys had waited for me for more than two hours (which couldn't have been true, as it wasn't yet 9:30 when she said this) and left.

I had mapquest directions from the Hyatt to "Honeywood Restaurant" that took me way out of town in the wrong direction, to Midway. When I got there I drove around on tiny dark streets without seeing anything like Honeywood Restaurant in any direction. Finally I went to a place with lights that I recognized, Holley Hill Inn, and went inside to ask. They told me that I was at the street address that mapquest indicated, 426 North Winter Street, and that Honeywood and Holley Hill share the same owner, so the guy I was talking to offered to call Honeywood to explain what had happened and that I was on the way, using the correct directions that he gave me, to go south on route 27 and look to the left just after some big Fayette Mall, where the restaurant would be next to Brooks Borthers (all of which was true).

Did the people at Honeywood give anyone the message? I told him that I was part of a group reservation under the name of Aylett-Wong.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What are the current/latest plans for Keeneland ticket handover? In particular who has my ticket and where should we plan to meet? Hyatt breakfast "late-ish"? Breakfast seems to end at 9 am tomorrow according to the tickets I was given at check in.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Back in LEX now. I will plan on walking everyone's tickets Keeneland over to the Hyatt in the morning. I probably won't be up much before 8 or 8:30. Toomanybooks, may I coordinate getting the tickets to you in the morning since I have your # and you are the keeper of the group text list?

Everyone else whose number I have is either arriving later or not staying at the HR.

I'm still kicking around the idea of a morning visit to Glenns Creek Distilling tomorrow before Keeneland. If so, I'd try to leave town for the distillery around 10.

(MSPEconomist - just saw your message after I posted. I still have everyone's Keeneland tickets.)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I am just waking up at 7:30 at HR. Getting coffee. Thinking 9 am for breakfast. It ends at 11:00.

Herb687, I can take the tickets this morning, but I may be a little late to Keeneland myself today.

I can probably leave individual tickets at HR desk clerk if needed.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Oct 4, 2019 at 5:44 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Heading out for a short run. Will make sure I’m in the breakfast place by 8:45 since voucher says 6-9 Mon-Fri
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Herb687
Back in LEX now. I will plan on walking everyone's tickets Keeneland over to the Hyatt in the morning. I probably won't be up much before 8 or 8:30. Toomanybooks, may I coordinate getting the tickets to you in the morning since I have your # and you are the keeper of the group text list?

Everyone else whose number I have is either arriving later or not staying at the HR.

I'm still kicking around the idea of a morning visit to Glenns Creek Distilling tomorrow before Keeneland. If so, I'd try to leave town for the distillery around 10.

(MSPEconomist - just saw your message after I posted. I still have everyone's Keeneland tickets.)
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am just waking up at 7:30 at HR. Getting coffee. Thinking 9 am for breakfast.

Herb687, I can take the tickets this morning, but I may be a little late to Keeneland myself today.
Herb and/or toomanybooks, can I show up at the hyatt at 9 and pick up my ticket from someone?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Herb and/or toomanybooks, can I show up at the hyatt at 9 and pick up my ticket from someone?
Yes
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I am just waking up at 7:30 at HR. Getting coffee. Thinking 9 am for breakfast. It ends at 11:00.

I can probably leave individual tickets at HR desk clerk if needed.
Are you sure breakfast goes to 11 today? My ticket says it ends at 9 Monday through Friday, and they didn't tell me anything otherwise at check in (which was a disaster, in that they couldn't find my reservation, after some discussion pretended to upgrade me to a view room which didn't have water or a bathrobe but did have feathers, and then I later saw that I had been preassigned to this room all along). Oh yeah. The front desk agent forgot to give me my credit card back so I had to return to retrieve it.

PSA to the Hyatt herd:

BTW, after cross examining another person who appeared later at the front desk,I found out that those with self parking should have been given some tiny piece of paper with wifi info printed on the back in order to be able to escape from the lot today.

ADDED PSA regarding Keeneland:

According to the website, they don't allow backpacks or selfie sticks inside, plus some other more obvious prohibitions such as alcohol and weapons.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 4, 2019 at 6:11 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I went downstairs in person just now and asked the breakfast hostess what time breakfast ends and she said 11.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Just got up. Will stop by to pick up keeneland ticket. If I miss Herb687, would someone please get my ticket before he leaves. Thank you.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

u2fan has an extra breakfast coupon for today only.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:49 am

Herb will be at the distillery if anyone wants to meet him. He wiill get there at 10:30. I'm also planning to go.

Last edited by ChrisFlyer66; Oct 4, 2019 at 7:12 am
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:49 am

Got a table to the right as you come in. As close as you can get to main door of hotel.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:30 am

U2Fan and I will meet the group at the distillery. Glenn’s Creek, right?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
U2Fan and I will meet the group at the distillery. Glenn’s Creek, right?
That's right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.