Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 1998, 12:19 pm
Commander Catcop

Full-Blown OMNI POsting: The cat cop is exausted from writing cards and wrapping an endless line of Holiday gifts, and rewrapping some when Sweet Yaz decides to play "OH< lets
see how long it takes to upwrap the package!)

But the last posting can be frequent flyer
related because almost everythign is charged
on My Amex (Membership rewards) or United Mileage Plus Visa. So I get miles while I shop! MEOW! CATMAN
Old Dec 21, 1998, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Sorry- Had too much info that ended up in search engines... E-mail me if you care to know who I am.

Timchen

Last edited by timfucius; Feb 22, 2005 at 2:00 pm Reason: privacy concerns- too much info
Old Dec 21, 1998, 3:34 pm
Original Member

Hi Tim,

I also used to live in Bethesda and is a Walt Whitman H.S. alumnus! (However, I was only there briefly for half a year in 1989 before moving back to Houston.)

We can almost play six degrees of separation here!

Ken
Old Dec 21, 1998, 9:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: OnePass
I'm one of the newer members here... in case you're trying to figure out my "name" it's a combination of the nickname of my college fraternity (Alpha Sigma Phi) and the popular name for a well-known powerhouse in college football currently going through some rough times. (Don't even go there with this past season's results! )

I currently live in San Antonio, TX and work for a government contractor as an engineering technician. Travel across the country several times performing site surveys in military installations throughout the US.
Old Dec 26, 1998, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime PLT, Silver EK Skywards
Kyklin: Small world huh? I bet you must know some people I knew back in H.S.!

Happy New Year!

Tim
Old Jan 4, 1999, 4:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
I am a management consultant with a small firm that works with multi-national pharmaceutical companies. I went to school at Colorado College then went on to U. Washington in Seattle for an advanced degree in Statistics. After Seattle, I joined my current firm and was told to get a passport ASAP. I filled it up in 2 years (and then LOST IT!) working all over. In one two week span from Chicago I saw Bogota (then back home), then Mexico City then Jakarta.

I was in Chicago for two years, then San Francisco for three years. I recently moved to Dallas. In Chicago I was 50/50 United and American, but SFO is a big United hub so I was at PE for the last two years. When I moved to Dallas, I got American to put me to Platinum early, but I made it on miles in December. Most of my trips are domestic hops to SFO, Chicago, Indy, Philly or Newark, but I was down in Sao Paulo 6 times in 1998 and Mexico City 6 times.

I am one of those crazy people who is relatively comfortable in coach, so I do not upgrade very often, but when I want to, I almost always get it.

I spent 3 weeks in Argentina in 1996 on vacation and 2 weeks in New Zealand in 1997. When I fly overseas I get business class or I do not go.

I have been to Belo Horizonte and must say it is a very nice and friendly city.

Old Jan 4, 1999, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA2MM
Well, I guess I fall into the younger category at 23, I'm in my second year of med school in Philly, and actually still have enought time to fool around here reading and posting FF stuff. For a poor med student, I get around a fair amount: Bermuda, Cancun twice, San Diego, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg last year. Actually, I earn a lot of non-flight miles, and I'll usually go for an upgrade vs a free ticket provided the flight is longer than 3 hrs.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 3:34 am
Original Member

I am propably the newest member of this FF online-community... My name is Thomas Wessling, I'm 31 years old and work as the PR Manager for the touristic departement of the former capital of Germany (does anybody still know the name? I hope so, otherwise I would do a lousy job...). Travelling is one of the most important things in my live (what a great thing, that it is so closely related to my job). The US, Canada, Australia, Asia and - top of the list - New Zealand a my favourite destinations. Next March I'm gonna be downunder for the 4. time. Unfortunately I discovered the thrill of FF-programs much too late. I think I wasted some 100.000 miles in my life... Since a couple of month I'm a member of Miles&More as well as MileagePlus. As a novice in this subject I'm allways thankful about some advices.
Old Jan 6, 1999, 6:18 am
Original Member

Location: Tyler, TX- Former Onepass Infinite Platinum +MM & CO * now UA-1K, Hyatt Diamond, ICH RA, Hilton HH Diamond VIP, Hertz Prez Circle, Clear Registered Traveler, BIG fan of Pre-Check
I'm 35, live in Houston, TX and work for a large software company that's based here. I have a major telecommunications customer that has me either in NYC area, DC, Chicago or Columbus, OH every week or so. I usually get in a couple of international trips in each year (going back to Barcelona in May) and just returned from Fiji, where I kidnapped my wife for our 5th anniversary and had a hell of a time deciding to come home (was getting used to wearing NO SHOES).

I have been a Onepass member since 1986 and currently hold Infinite Elite status (and all of the glory that surrounds that designation).
Old Jan 6, 1999, 7:27 am
Original Member

OK I give in. I will finally tell you about myself. Since grad school, I have worked as a high school marine biology teacher, a flight attendant, a scuba instructor, college professor, and computer trainer. I currently hold the last three positions simutaneously. I live on Guam and fly mostly CO and NW because they are they only US carriers servicing my area. I earn about 100,000 miles a year and most of my flights are international. Most of my travel is for dive trips or backpaking. I enjoy scuba diving on Guam and on all of the surrounding Pacific islands including Saipan, Rota, Yap, Palau, Truk, and Pohnpei. I am single and have never had any children.
Old Jan 7, 1999, 9:14 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Well, since just about everyone else fessed up, I guess I will too:

I'm 25, male (I only say this, because after I started using this handle online I realized it didn't really make clear that I was a male and there was some confusion sometimes ...), living with my girlfriend of two years here in New Orleans.

I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (basically, it's everything you need to know to design a ship) from a very small school on Long Island (Webb Institute, approx. 80 total students). I currently work in the IS department of a large shipyard here in New Orleans managing and working various projects (internet/intranet/extranet stuff, R&D projects, Y2K, computer modeling and simulation, and other fun stuff).

I traveled a lot for work when I first started this job over two years ago, mostly related to a couple of R&D projects that are now winding down, but I've started traveling a bit more for personal trips and should be able to maintaint DL Gold Medallion for at least another year (though it will probably again be close this year, but I am getting seven segments in the next week!).
Old Jan 7, 1999, 9:16 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
One other thing I forgot is that I'm going to Tulane University at night to get an MBA degree, which lately is making me a bit reluctant to travel at times (missed classes that I'm paying a good deal of money for!) ...
Old Jan 16, 1999, 11:31 pm

OK, I'm a guy, not in the running for youngest by any means, but from internal evidence nor am I the oldest. However, I'm closer to having my picture on Willard Scott's piece than in the "newborns" column.

I'm an attorney, specializing in public international law (Volkerrecht, for Rudi), employed by the Government which moves me around like a houseplant. Currently they think I look nice situated in Asia, but I have been, do visit, and hopefully will again be posted various places in Europe.

I've been a frequent flier since before the "miles" programs were begun, and in 1981 was converted to Mileage Plus from United's earlier program where one got bronze-, silver-, and gold-colored metal strips bearing the name of each town you flew United into. (Anyone else remember that?) Since they institited Premier, I've been one every year except (I think) 1990, and frequently make it to Premier Executive. Never made 1K so far, but I can hope. Also participate in other FF programs, but United is by far the one I use most.

Other matters: single (affianced), like good wine, good books, solving logic puzzles, and spazierengehen.

[This message has been edited by Counsellor (edited 01-17-99).]
Old Jan 17, 1999, 1:16 pm
Commander Catcop

Ok, lets see if this posting gets on, if my profile still exists (it seems CATS gets the worst of upgrades and changes.)

Nothing new in my profile, except (OMNI Related) that Eddie Finally learned to say
MEOW. After nearly three years.

I did this to see if the new system works for me. CATMAN
Old Jan 17, 1999, 1:20 pm
Commander Catcop

YEAH!!! MY handle and profile's still there!
I guess the Webmaster gods like cats! CATMAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.