FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who we all are
Thread: Who we all are
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 1999, 9:14 am
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Well, since just about everyone else fessed up, I guess I will too:

I'm 25, male (I only say this, because after I started using this handle online I realized it didn't really make clear that I was a male and there was some confusion sometimes ...), living with my girlfriend of two years here in New Orleans.

I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (basically, it's everything you need to know to design a ship) from a very small school on Long Island (Webb Institute, approx. 80 total students). I currently work in the IS department of a large shipyard here in New Orleans managing and working various projects (internet/intranet/extranet stuff, R&D projects, Y2K, computer modeling and simulation, and other fun stuff).

I traveled a lot for work when I first started this job over two years ago, mostly related to a couple of R&D projects that are now winding down, but I've started traveling a bit more for personal trips and should be able to maintaint DL Gold Medallion for at least another year (though it will probably again be close this year, but I am getting seven segments in the next week!).