Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2003, 3:01 am

Programs: *G SPG Platinum
A great party last night!! I am surprised I am up already...... Sitting in the lobby at FourPoints together with Ralf and Oz!

Over to Bernies!

Cheers,
Mads
Old Jul 20, 2003, 3:15 am

Programs: UA
Good morning everyone! I wanted to be the first to post from Bernies Computer in his beautiful place. Whoever missed...bad luck, Bernie, this is an absolut wonderful event, thank you very much again for takign on all the hussle of organizing it.

We even gotten news that Punki finally made it into germany and even Düsseldorf!
Old Jul 20, 2003, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Punki

You weren´t alone. 17 family members of U.S. swimmers coming to BCN for world championships also got stuck at LHR, and were flown here Sunday a.m. I was fortunate to be flying from LGW on Saturday (not that I planned it that way--when AA ticketed my award travel on BA that´s how they set it up).
Old Jul 20, 2003, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Just adding my voice to the chorus, I must compliment bernie on the fabulous job he did setting up the whole Dusseldorf weekend. Everybody seemed to have a very good time. Certainly I did!!! Thanks, bernie.

Bruce
Old Jul 20, 2003, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
ALT ........ ALT ........ ALT. (Who said that?)

Best meal I ever had in Germanzy tonight. But it is 2am and I may be making this up.
Old Jul 20, 2003, 6:51 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Well we are home now.

Thank you Bernie so much for all of your planning.

It was fantastic!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
It was a well organized event.

Thanks Bernie!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 2:18 am

Location: YVR, HAM; LH SEN; Leaders Club by Leading Hotels of the World
hey wingless,

did you come over for the event only? was nice to meet you at the alt tent and i think you had a lot of alt!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 2:32 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Joining in to the chorus: bernie, thanx again, this was a wonderful event and a professional organization. I'm already looking forward to next year...!

Is there a chance to censor some of the pictures before they get posted...?
Old Jul 21, 2003, 4:41 am
mjm
Original Member

Down here in Hot and Humid Vienna, and missing the good (a.k.a crazy ) times already.

Bernie, that was fantastic from start to finish. A master of planning and an extraordinarily gracious host to boot. Vielen Danke.

Pictures of at least part of the time when I get back to Japan later this week.

Mike

------------------
FT picture page (hosted by markbach)
My Starbucks City Mug Collection Page
New Zealand Trip Report incl. lots of pictures
Old Jul 21, 2003, 4:52 am

Here are some photos from the Frankenheim tent, and no we accept no censoring, but you can always leave a comment under to pic and try to explain things ...

Alt! Alt! Alt!

[This message has been edited by paulusst (edited 07-21-2003).]
Old Jul 21, 2003, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you- Bernie. We had a wonderful time in your City and planned events. It was also nice to meet fellow FTs and put names/faces with handles. Regards
Old Jul 21, 2003, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Not only did Bernie do a superb organising/hosting job as always ..... he chose the weather perfectly.

I am sitting now at a cyber cafe in DUS as I cancelled my other plans due to tight connections and will now go to Cologne for a couple days. And as I type it is dumping a pretty nasty looking HAILSTORM outside.

Such a change from all the lovely sunny days we all had since Friday!

YEAH ... DUS JAZZ IN JUNE ... bring it on!!!
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Well we did indeed have a wonderful (although way too short) time in DUS. Darned BA, stole my days. But, despite the detours, the unanimous vote is that Bernie Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to visit my sneakily-smuggled-in-from Seattle-via-San Francisco, daughter clematis and all the rest of Bernie's "just to die for" deck garden, and see my most beloved older brother, Rudi and his elegant child bride, the most lovely Gisela, and deliver his Big 60 birthday gift, see the most firm and gorgeous Smooth and her new beau, and see all my other friends, Jerry, Magic, Ozstamps, Counsellor, e-mailman, Beaubo, JerryAlaska,, and, yikes way too many friends to mention, or remember at my old age.

Bernie I just can't wait for next year. These parties are just way too wonderful.

Is Koko still alive?
Old Jul 21, 2003, 9:29 am

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
Bernie - I have to add my thanks for a wonderfully planned weekend. It was great to see everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.