Reload this Page >

Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2003, 1:58 am

Bernie, Sorry I diidn't respond earlier. Was in Baku, and couldn't access my e-mail.

Except for the hotel, you're correct. One person, Fri evening meal and Sat castle and Sun farewell at Bernie's.

Am arriving Fri afternoon by rail, staying at the Marriott Fri and Sat (2 nights for price of one coupon) and 4-Points Sun, departing Monday by rail.

See you all then.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 2:02 am

P.S. Meat is fine with me. (Would have edited my earlier post, but am posting from an Internet cafe in Munich, and the "new" post doesn't show. Sorry.)
Old Jul 6, 2003, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I saw auh20 & wingless a week ago & they're still coming (they leave the 12th for France etc). I think they both eat meat but not positive. Last time I saw chemist661 he was still planning on coming; think he eats meat as well.

You have my details & I didn't email you for vegetarian meal because I'm not one. Looking forward to the Do!

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:20 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help Sharon - here and via email as well. I got some more mails today, so the only ones missing are:

B Watson + Mrs
chemist661
LH738
Magic111 & Jerrie
ralfkrippner
Smooth + friend
Tim2008

... as you may notice there is 3 German friends missing (no 4th of July for 'em )

If they'd all confirm, we'd be 55 total, 51 Friday nt, 52 on Saturday and 47 at my place.

[This message has been edited by bernie (edited 07-06-2003).]
Old Jul 6, 2003, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
baaubo Well well. I guess I can ask you in person how to get "hall passes" from the wife. Glad to hear you will be in DUS. BTW I did not get a hall pass for HNL so you don't need to mention our January meeting. Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2003, 6:02 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
My apologies for not replying but was off in Hong Kong for a few days and not online. You now have email that everything is no mistake.
Old Jul 6, 2003, 11:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I just got back from Halifax. Couldn't access my AOL email due to conflict on their computer there. Am home now & was able to send email to Bernie.

Interested in attending all events from Friday evening to Sunday evening. I do eat meat.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:34 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I am definitely confirming my participation. Coming in Friday 17:25 from FRA, leaving Sunday 14:20. Staying at the FourPoints. I was registered for all the planned events and hope that I still am 'booked'.

Thanx again for all the planning, looking forward to meet you, bernie.

Old Jul 7, 2003, 10:05 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Put me down as a maybe. If I can combine it with business related stuff, I'd be there Saturday.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
OK, confirmed.

Arriving Saturday morning from MUC, staying at the Four Points, leaving Sunday morning on the first flight.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:58 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

I'm really sorry ... but since it is only 10 more days and all events need exact reservations, there is no chance for "maybes" any more. Even the space on my terrace is kind of limited and I just do hope we won't find ourselves one floor down in the cooling machines of the supermarket below

So please get decided and I'll do my very best to squeeze you in. If so p l e a s e do this via email. I usually check FT only once a day.

If you reread this thread I'll hope you'll understand.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Oh, Bernie, you have nothing on earth to be sorry about. You have done a fabulous job of trying to communicate and if anyone fails to respond, that is their responsibility.

Thank you very much for everything you have done. We truly appreciate your efforts.

Cheers, Punki
Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:29 pm

Question: how to get from the train station to Nikko? We will be arriving by train from Frankfurt. Are there multiple stops for DUS ? What stop to get off? Should we grab a taxi? Walk ?
Btw, our itinerary has been confirmed to Bernie as of this morning: arrival on Friday, departing on Sunday.
See you all soon !

Old Jul 7, 2003, 1:16 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I agree with Punki's last post!

Thanks Bernie, you got more mail...

... as does auh2o.

Please read and reply!

Thanks!

Old Jul 7, 2003, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Long distance trains only have one stop in Düsseldorf (main station or Hbf = Hauptbahnhof), which is in walking distance to the Nikko (just three blocks). You'd arrive at tracks 15-20. Main entrance is to the lower numbers. If you have a lot of bags with you go to the "back entrance" and take a cab but be aware, that the cabbies won't be happy due to the short distance. Just give 'em 10 Euros right up front and say something like: Sorry, just to the Nikko Hotel" (and the may leave the taxameter off).

BTW I'll post links to the exact locations of each and every hotel and event

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.