Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:53 am

Programs: UA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
it should not be in spring time, but either in september 2003 or 2004 for Octoberfest (Octoberfest is in September ...)</font>
I hate octoberfest plus I have midterm during the octoberfest time... hotels are expensive, the town is full with drunk americans and italians....
Ever heard of Starkbier? Equally fun!

Old Jul 24, 2003, 1:49 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Munich in spring would be great! There is so much to do and so much nice places to visit in spring around MUC.

And I agree on the dislike of the Oktoberfest. But I guess our american friends would love to visit it...
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:21 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I vote for Spring.. the hoards of foreign visitors to Oktoberfest dont make it so much fun.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 9:27 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
07.01. – 24.02.2004
Fasching

Last time I suggested this, we ended up at Karnival in Dusseldorf...but now with DUS in summer...maybe the time is right for Fasching in 2004?
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:08 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Fasching in Munich isn't that great (but your period seams alright ). Düsseldorf/Köln and Mainz are places for Fasching in Germany ...

Another possibility for a group is to make a tour on the Isar on a wooden raft from Wolfratshausen to Munich with music, Weißwürste, and beer (+restroom aboard). AFAIK, it wouldn't be possible in spring time though. (It is also possible to make single bookings. The experience as a whole group is superior. The trip lasts 6-8hours.)

http://www.flossfahrt.de/index-e.htm
Click on Video: http://www.schrall.com/floss/ (the best part is between 7:40min and 9:00min )

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 07-24-2003).]
Old Jul 24, 2003, 11:47 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

DUS IV will be Jazz in DüsseldorfJune 25th - 27th, 2004. A "real" pre announcement will follow 9 mo.'s in advance.

DUS V could be in either Munic, Berlin or Hamburg. I'll bring the Alt with me, so it still would be a DUS DO, right

F O T O S
A N Y O N E ??? !!!

[This message has been edited by bernie (edited 07-24-2003).]
Old Jul 24, 2003, 5:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I just picked up the first roll of film & have some good pictures. I should finish up the 2nd roll on a trip I leave on tomorrow morning & will have the 2nd roll developed next week when I'm back in town.

But - I don't have a scanner, so if you all want to see both rolls we need to find someone who has a scanner who can scan & post them. Otherwise I'll bring to Dus IV. So let me know if you know of anyone who can help out.

And yes hopefully by Dus IV I'll have a digital camera - of course then I'll need instructions on how to get the things to post, but one thing at a time.

------------------
Sharon
Old Jul 24, 2003, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
I just picked up the first roll of film & have some good pictures. I should finish up the 2nd roll on a trip I leave on tomorrow morning & will have the 2nd roll developed next week when I'm back in town.

But - I don't have a scanner, so if you all want to see both rolls we need to find someone who has a scanner who can scan & post them. Otherwise I'll bring to Dus IV. So let me know if you know of anyone who can help out.

And yes hopefully by Dus IV I'll have a digital camera - of course then I'll need instructions on how to get the things to post, but one thing at a time.

</font>
You could've gotten them developed, printed, and put on the web automatically. (Photoworks, Kodak, and probably lots of other companies will do this, for very low cost.) Saves you the trouble of scanning them.

I'll get my own photos posted within the next week. They are digital, but I need to upload them to the web and do some editing (remove photos that are bad quality or just too unflattering).

Kathy
Old Jul 25, 2003, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bernie:

DUS IV will be Jazz in DüsseldorfJune 25th - 27th, 2004. A "real" pre announcement will follow 9 mo.'s in advance.

</font>
Sounds an excellent time and occession to me Bernie.

Old Jul 25, 2003, 2:27 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Oz ... "good occasion" or is your DUS DO'S becoming a "good obsession" ?
Old Jul 25, 2003, 11:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bernie:
Oz ... "good occasion" or is your DUS DO'S becoming a "good obsession" ? </font>
No, this just gives Glen another reason to fly on the 744 in row 15.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NCRBILL:

No, this just gives Glen another reason to fly on the 744 in row 15. </font>
What Baloney. Just because we flew IAD-LAX this afternoon in 747 15 A/B and are flying 15 J/B to SYD in 2 hours in co-incidental. You were NOT alongside us on this flight Bill I noticed.

The crappsville UA RCC has no computers of course, so I wandered across to the Air Canada lounge here.

Old Jul 26, 2003, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And where are the PHOTOS folks???????
Old Jul 26, 2003, 11:46 pm
mjm
Original Member

A little late, but a few photos of the action are here.

We could use several more from all three days though.

------------------
FT picture page (hosted by markbach)
My Starbucks City Mug Collection Page
New Zealand Trip Report incl. lots of pictures

[This message has been edited by mjm (edited 07-26-2003).]
Old Jul 29, 2003, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
OK, finally got my Duesseldorf photos uploaded and edited:

Photos of Duesseldorf FlyerTalk Do, July 2003

Movie Clip of Duesseldorf FlyerTalk Do, July 2003

And thanks again, Bernie, both for organizing and for being the inimitable you!

Kathy

[This message has been edited by KathyWdrf (edited 07-30-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.