Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Düsseldorf In Summer - DUS III

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 1:27 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
I forgot to thank koko , mjm and skiadcock for waking auh2o and I at 5am. Shortly thereafter koko woke up I0120609 and JSD and dragged them to our room to drink more alt and vodka straight from the bottle 2 hours before our flight home. I was the craziest but most effective wakeup call I have ever had in my life.

Koko I am just guessing but I think you may have left your shirt in our room but you left after our airport departure.

[This message has been edited by wingless (edited 07-22-2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GK:
You stood up in the tent, ripped off your clothes and threw the undershirt under a bench, where it was drenched with spilt Alt.

Remember now ?
</font>
Also remembering your german lessons?
"Du hast schöne.." Uh heck, who needs to remember, its the age of the digital camera
Old Jul 22, 2003, 2:08 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

So where's the photos ... there must be hundreds out there ?
Old Jul 22, 2003, 2:38 pm

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wingless:
Koko I am just guessing but I think you may have left your shirt in our room but you left after our airport departure.
</font>
Apparently he also left his shoes there.
koko were you drunk or something???

Old Jul 22, 2003, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well, I have the old-fashioned film camera, so once again I'll have to find someone to scan them & post once they're developed. And yes I'll think about digital camera in time for the next Dus Do.

I do think I have a photo of folk in bunny ears & rudi w/ a flashing earring. And for those photos that have already been posted from the beerhall at the fair, the "glistening" of us all is due to it being very hot.

I'm still trying to figure out if the theory we had that "because we were so hot & sweaty the massive quantities of alt wouldn't affect us is valid" (ha)

btw - it was spiff's vodka that was "borrowed", so the sunday morning wake-up callers owe him a few drinks at the next do.

------------------
Sharon
Old Jul 22, 2003, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Oz, sounds as if this trip to Koln went better than the last one you made. Which is good to read.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 4:41 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">"Du hast schöne.." </font>
Aben!!!!!!

I would/could never forget such an effective line as that!!!! So thank you Daydream for putting such an effective bullet in the "hunting" rifle . But you still owe me a cooler full of Munchen beer!!!! The other line I have not retained, but all it got me was rolling eyes anyway!!!!
Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:06 pm
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
Oh, one more thing: I seem to have lost an undershirt... Has anyone seen it????
</font>
Maybe its in London??

Old Jul 22, 2003, 6:17 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
It gave its life for a good cause.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkiAdcock:
btw - it was spiff's vodka that was "borrowed", so the sunday morning wake-up callers owe him a few drinks at the next do.

</font>
Old Jul 22, 2003, 7:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I would give Bernie an A+ for putting this event together! I had alot of fun meeting new people & seeing ones I met at previous events. I picked up some very good ideas from listening & talking to everyone.

Although I am not much good at attending parties (I don't drink very much or often), I enjoyed meeting everyone! The 10-20 ml of Alt I sampled tasted very good. Too bad alcohol gives me a very bad headache even in very small quantities.

Glad to hear everyone had fun!
Old Jul 22, 2003, 7:56 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chemist661:

Although I am not much good at attending parties
</font>

???

You were just fine....relax...good to see you again...
Old Jul 23, 2003, 1:46 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kokonutz:
Aben!!!!!!!</font>
Augen, lol....

We should also do a MUC DO II, pick up your beer there then Koko!

Old Jul 23, 2003, 9:49 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Ok. When?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 1:12 pm

Ok. When?</font>
Spring 04 so that your liver can get into shape for DUS IV. And be aware, they sell beer in Munich in a bit bigger jugs.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 4:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
they sell beer in Munich in a bit bigger jugs

but Munich beer is also:
* served with much more 'Schaum' on top of it (= Schankgewinn)
* lower in alcohol content
* it should not be in spring time, but either in september 2003 or 2004 for Octoberfest (Octoberfest is in September ...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.