Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Still searching for hotel... 1828 looks to be full for the first evening (sep 1 for me), and apparently booking 2 days out is a bad idea for rates. =P

So much for frequent flyer eh? Suggestions for a 5-star reasonably-clean for a first-timer+1 to the city with zero Spanish abilities? Park Hyatt appears full...

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Aug 29, 2018 at 2:18 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For arrival Thursday and departing Monday (obviously I'm guessing at the dates, but this would cover COW DO weekend), I'm seeing availability at the PH for deluxe rooms with either one king bed or two double beds. There's a standard room with one king bed for 20,000 points per night or points and cash at 10,000 points plus US$125 per night, which I think is a great deal. I'm also seeing a bunch of higher category rooms, including some with views, balconies, and a few suite types, although no standard suites for upgrades.

It would be great to see you and your +1 (wife?) here.

ADDED: I just noticed that you said the 1st is your arrival date, so I checked again for the 1st and 2nd and once more saw lots of rooms available, including a standard suite. Points or points + cash also work.

It could be that the hyatt website was misbehaving for you. Once a few days ago when I was looking at upgrade possibilities, Hyatt denied that they had any hotels anywhere in Argentina or Brazil, so I know that there are problems from time to time.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 29, 2018 at 7:29 am
Old Aug 29, 2018, 12:47 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I of course dont have real time availability of the hotel, but even if they are full for your 1st night, they should honor the special Corporate Rate that they have agreed for us. As per our emails this morning, the GM is on this and will be in touch with you, if that doesnt happen please let me know and I will step on their toes some more. Thanks.

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Still searching for hotel... 1828 looks to be full for the first evening (sep 1 for me), and apparently booking 2 days out is a bad idea for rates. =P

So much for frequent flyer eh? Suggestions for a 5-star reasonably-clean for a first-timer+1 to the city with zero Spanish abilities? Park Hyatt appears full...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I sent someone from my Team to make the Deposit for the La Cabrera reservation, so that is now done and the table is confirmed. Please note that the location is for La Cabrera Norte, which is 50 yards from the original La Cabrera. Note that reservation is for 2030hs (0830PM), please be punctual as weekends are busy and if a good portion of the table isnt there, they may start dragging their feed to open the table, etc. etc. Please remember to have them apply the AR$1600 credit towards your final Bill.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Participant arrival update.

Aside from the already present early-birds (FlyingCow and MSPeconomist), I just spoke with MsEverywhere and she is on route from EZE as I post this. Kayakingnow is also scheduled for arrival this morning, havent touched base with him just yet.

Cyborg was stranded in MIA for a few hours as his AA flight got hit with a 10+ hour delay (mechanical?)…. he is scheduled to land this evening at approx. 1900. If my memory isn't failing me, bk3day should be landing in about 2 hours.... so Team Cow Do is slowly coming together !!!!

Stay tuned for more updates.....

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 30, 2018 at 5:52 am
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm about 40 minutes out from EZE on DL101!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:46 am

I've managed to free myself up for this event which I've wanted to attend for several years! I didn't want to commit until I was sure I could attend. Will be arriving Friday early AM and leaving Sunday eve. I would like to attend any and all of the events on Friday and Saturday for which it is still possible to accommodate me.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Enroute to the PH^

Either the CowDO is more well known than I'd thought or perhaps it's just the latest chapter of "Flyertalk Tags DO Work", ....as I was exiting Banco National, I heard " Are you here for the CowDO"?

Looking forward to seeing old & new faces.

p.s. Never thought I'd be happy that the weather is cool & overcast but after the recent heatwave in NYC, this is pretty damn refreshing!

Last edited by bk3day; Aug 30, 2018 at 7:31 am
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bk3day
Enroute to the PH^

Either the CowDO is more well known than I'd thought or perhaps it's just the latest chapter of "Flyertalk Tags DO Work", ....as I was exiting Banco National, I heard " Are you here for the CowDO"?

Looking forward to seeing old & new faces.

p.s. Never thought I'd be happy that the weather is cool & overcast but after the recent heatwave in NYV, this is pretty damn refreshing!
That was me I spotted your FT tag (mine is on my backpack but it was facing away from you).

I'm sitting waiting for the Tienda León bus to depart, staying at the Park Tower.

​​​​​Is there any early bird dinner plan for tonight?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Hello !!! Glad to read that you will join us.

I will sign you up for Friday Dinner, Saturday Wine Tasting Saturday, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday.

Look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by AASweets
I've managed to free myself up for this event which I've wanted to attend for several years! I didn't want to commit until I was sure I could attend. Will be arriving Friday early AM and leaving Sunday eve. I would like to attend any and all of the events on Friday and Saturday for which it is still possible to accommodate me.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We can certainly try to arrange something for whoever is interested. A round of basic dead cow and Malbec, anyone?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:18 am

Did you two get good rates, or is the dollar starting to fall right now relative to what was happening over the last couple days?

I haven't seen news (print or TV) in English since arrival, but this morning I noticed the government's 15% increase in interest rates to 60%. (I'm not kidding.)
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:21 am

Banco Nacional at EZE was buying USD at 33.50 this morning.

BTW in my just-off-a-long-haul mental state, it took me a while to find the location. In case this saves anyone else time, the place I went to was just outside the immigration exit, then do sort of a U-turn to the right around the area you just exited, past a restaurant or something that I think was called Il Legno. There is a narrow corridor and I think I waited maybe 15-20 minutes in line.

Dunno what the ATM situation is -- I mean, I saw several but dunno whether that would've been more convenient, same rate etc.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Zorak
Banco Nacional at EZE was buying USD at 33.50 this morning.
due to the wild fluctuations today (think more for your US dollar) perhaps tomorrow you'll see almost 5 pesos more. Ambito.com is a good place to keep abreast of current rates. As of the moment:
38,830COMPRA ( rate to use when exchanging US dollars for ARS)
39,830VENTA
30/08/2018 - 12:22FECHA
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Y'all enjoy the crazy USD/ARP exchange rate and buy some good juice. Make sure to bring some back :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.