Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Just walked past a cambio in San Telmo buying at 39.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For dinner tonight, I'm inclined to suggest Fervor at 1519 Posadas. It's a steakhouse that also has a lot of fish and is located very close to tomorrow's lunch restaurant to help orient people; COW DO people have eaten here in some past years and I know it still exists (unlike El Establo, RIP). They probably open at 8 pm and I have no clue whether we need an advanced reservation for a Thursday evening in low season, but I can try to ask my hotel's concierge if there's some interest among the early arrivers.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Participant arrival update.

Aside from the already present early-birds (FlyingCow and MSPeconomist), I just spoke with MsEverywhere and she is on route from EZE as I post this. Kayakingnow is also scheduled for arrival this morning, havent touched base with him just yet.

Cyborg was stranded in MIA for a few hours as his AA flight got hit with a 10+ hour delay (mechanical?)…. he is scheduled to land this evening at approx. 1900. If my memory isn't failing me, bk3day should be landing in about 2 hours.... so Team Cow Do is slowly coming together !!!!

Stay tuned for more updates.....
Correction, I flew in from DFW. I'm really glad now that I didn't try to go TPA to MIA to EZE. I booked through DFW cuz it's more miles.

Last edited by MsEverywhere; Aug 30, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For dinner tonight, I'm inclined to suggest Fervor at 1519 Posadas. It's a steakhouse that also has a lot of fish and is located very close to tomorrow's lunch restaurant to help orient people; COW DO people have eaten here in some past years and I know it still exists (unlike El Establo, RIP). They probably open at 8 pm and I have no clue whether we need an advanced reservation for a Thursday evening in low season, but I can try to ask my hotel's concierge if there's some interest among the early arrivers.
^ works for me.

I just got caught outside in the downpour, so that was fun. I had an umbrella, but still got soaked from the waist down. Have retreated to my hotel to dry off and will probably check out the early evening lounge situation downstairs but happy to meet up for dinner later (or earlier for not-dinner or whatever )
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Fervor is a good option for Dinner.... I suggest you have the Hotel Concierge make a booking for your guys.

Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Fervor is a good option for Dinner.... I suggest you have the Hotel Concierge make a booking for your guys.
Its National Cabernet Sauvignon Day today so perhaps you may want to enjoy a bottle with your dinner as well! Buen Provecho!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Removed dupe
​​​​

Last edited by bk3day; Aug 30, 2018 at 1:47 pm Reason: Duplicate
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
if there's still room I'm up for dinner!

Fervor or anyplace is fine with me, but fwiw, since this is my first visit to BA & CowDO, I was curious & googled El Establo to see what i missed?

Found this
https://tinyurl.com/ybwfendv
​​​​​

plus a Yelp entry which seems to suggest they're still around or is that an unrelated place with the same name?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Unfortunately a work project precludes me from participating this year. I really hope to schedule one of my EZE visits to coincide with the DO soon!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just had a chat with the concierge and apparently El Establo was closed for a couple years but has now reopened in the same location, in Retiro between Recoleta and the old downtown CBD.

Thanks for finding this.

Of course there's room for you for dinner. Please do plan to join us.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

Do you know anything about the reopened El Establo, now that I've (apperently) verified that it's the "same" restaurant in the same old location?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:34 pm

We have a reservation for an upstairs table at FERVOR for 9 pm tonight. Some of us are walking over together from the PH at about 8:45, meeting on the palace side.

Please let me know if you're interested, either by PM or by posting in this thread. (Open invitation for all COW DO early arrivers; we should have space for anyone who wants to join us.)
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sorry, cant help you with El Establo......

Do you know anything about the reopened El Establo, now that I've (apperently) verified that it's the "same" restaurant in the same old location?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

I have a confirmed reservation for El Pobre Luis for the Friday Dinner, please note that the table has been booked for 0830PM, reservation under FLYERTALK. Please try to have almost everybody be at the location on time, Friday is busy and there is always potential for issues if half of the group is not there when you are supposed to get to your assigned table.

Please note that we will be starting the Wine Tasting on Saturday at 1230, I apologize for the last minute change of timing but this was requested by the Hotel and has to do with the end of breakfast service.

Look forward to meeting all those that will be joining us for Friday Lunch, please note that if anybody else that isnt signed up wants to join - please do come as I will be able to get the Restaurant to accomodate a couple of additional seats, our relatively early start will be an ally in this aspect.

See everybody tomorrow !!!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I have a confirmed reservation for El Pobre Luis for the Friday Dinner, please note that the table has been booked for 0830PM, reservation under FLYERTALK. Please try to have almost everybody be at the location on time, Friday is busy and there is always potential for issues if half of the group is not there when you are supposed to get to your assigned table.

Please note that we will be starting the Wine Tasting on Saturday at 1230, I apologize for the last minute change of timing but this was requested by the Hotel and has to do with the end of breakfast service.

Look forward to meeting all those that will be joining us for Friday Lunch, please note that if anybody else that isnt signed up wants to join - please do come as I will be able to get the Restaurant to accomodate a couple of additional seats, our relatively early start will be an ally in this aspect.

See everybody tomorrow !!!
Ok, if the Saturday wine tasting is pushed back, I'm sure you'll let us know if the same holds for Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.