Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:46 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Saturday Dinner reservation at La Cabrera has turned out to be a little complicated this year, as they have asked me for a "deposit" of AR$100 per person. Given the current confirmed headcount Ive booked a table for 16, and will be going over there on Monday to pay this deposit. The AR$1600 will be credited towards the final bill at the end of the Dinner. When we meet up, please remember to pitch in your AR$100.

Saturday Lunch reservation at El Sanjuanino has proven to be a further challenge, called there today and they said they dont take such advanced reservations..... was instructed to call on Thursday of next week to make the booking. LOL

Friday Dinner at El Pobre Luis will be done later today, they are only open for Dinner so I will call this afternoon once they are open.

Stay tuned for details....

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Monday Lunch at Somos Asado, here are the details of the 5 (Five) Course meal:

Course 1
Home-made cured Meats with grilled vegetable spreads

Course 2
Hot Plate of Country Chorizo, Wild Mushrooms & Egg

Course 3
Dry Aged Bife de Chorizo (NY Strip), Clay Oven Roasted Vegetables

Course 4
Traditional Flan with Dulce de Leche (Milk Caramel) & Cream

Course 5
Coffee & Shot of Drunken Chocolate Mousse

Price per person AR$2100 (Pesos) - cash only. Price includes Wines and non-alcoholic drinks, only gratuity is not included.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Hi Y'all et al,

I'm sure it will be a great cowDO! I know it because I am already here at EZE. I sat with Gaucho100k for some cow and wine. Super yummi. Sadly, though- I have to go back to 'mothership' prior to cowDO so I ask each of you to have a toast for me of your favorite wine, and a steak on my behalf.

It will be an aMOOOOOzing experience, as everything gaucho serves is right on the money. Salude!

DLroads
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Which Sheraton?There are two in BsAs, Libertador in the old downtown CBD and a somewhat newer one at convention center, co-located with the SPG LC Park Towers or some similar name.
Libertador

Will be great to see you again.
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Hi Cow Doers! I arrived in EZE this early morning; today and tomorrow will be busy with local friends / family, but hit me up if you feel like exploring with a pseudo-semi-local during the week
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Bienvenida a Casa, Flor !!!!!

Please check your email.... ;-)

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Hi Cow Doers! I arrived in EZE this early morning; today and tomorrow will be busy with local friends / family, but hit me up if you feel like exploring with a pseudo-semi-local during the week
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Post Useful Information for all

Just thought it would be good to post some additional info for all those coming down, especially for those that are 1st time visitors to EZE.

While credit cards will be accepted at most merchants, for the group meals it is always best to have cash as multiple credit cards will usually be cause for headaches. Also, some restaurants resist accepting plastic, and some venues (e.g. Somos Asado) are cash only. For the Wine Tasting events, while cash would be appreciated, we will accept credit cards for those that are short on cash - the idea is not to have anybody miss out on participating. The best way to get cash is to bring down USD $100 bills and exchange them at the BANCO NACION at EZE, there is a Banco Nacion that is open 24 hours and is located at the arrivals Terminal "A". The Banco Nacion offers a fair exchange rate and now that the Peso is floating there is no more blue market exchange rate issues to worry about.

For regular shopping, credit cards are widely accepted (the same for any wine shopping that folks want to do). The Cash issue is more about paying for meals, taxis, etc. Argentina is still (sadly) a very cash hungry economy, plastic is slowly catching up but that is still very much work in progress.

For the Charity Wine Tastings, we will be requesting a donation of AR$1700 (Pesos), per person. As advised, we prefer cash (and accept Pesos or Dollars), but will also take plastic as a last resort.

Please feel free to post any question or comments here, this way we can all benefit from the Q&A and also the Cow Do regulars can assist me in answering questions....
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Exclamation Please check & reconfirm event attendance - thanks !!

Friendly reminder... I need everybody to please go back to Post #3 on the 1st page of this thread, link here https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29602637-post3.html - and please double check that I have you down for all of the activities that you will be attending. Please note that Im firming up numbers with the different venues so your kind attention to this is very much appreciated.

Ive also updated the information including the donation request for the Charity Wine Tastings (AR$1700 per person), and also the cost of the Fixed Menu for the Monday Lunch at Somos Asado. All other meals will be a-la-carte, please refer to my other post above on group meals and bill payment convenience issues (cash vs. credit), etc.

I look forward to meeting everbody and making this one of the great Do's in this event's long history, we have a real record turnout for this year so its going to be a lot of fun..... ^
mattsteg and DrunkCargo like this.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 26, 2018 at 8:09 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm here, at the PH.

The "events" I'm listed for (everything on Friday and Saturday) look correct, although I always say that I might skip lunch because it's so much food. Sadly I must leave Sunday night this year, so I'll be back in the USA when the second wine tasting and dried beef lunch take place.

Will we have a small Hyatt herd this year?
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:39 am
Original Poster

I think BK3Day is also staying at the Park Hyatt.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Monday Lunch at Somos Asado, here are the details of the 5 (Five) Course meal:

Course 1
Home-made cured Meats with grilled vegetable spreads

Course 2
Hot Plate of Country Chorizo, Wild Mushrooms & Egg

Course 3
Dry Aged Bife de Chorizo (NY Strip), Clay Oven Roasted Vegetables

Course 4
Traditional Flan with Dulce de Leche (Milk Caramel) & Cream

Course 5
Coffee & Shot of Drunken Chocolate Mousse

Price per person AR$2100 (Pesos) - cash only. Price includes Wines and non-alcoholic drinks, only gratuity is not included.
Nice menu, what are the wine pairings?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I will have to miss the Monday lunch. My flight leaves Monday evening, and I like to get to the airport early.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I will have to miss the Monday lunch. My flight leaves Monday evening, and I like to get to the airport early.
When is your flight?

I'm on DL110 at 20:20. If others are headed to the airport after lunch maybe we could split a cab?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I think BK3Day is also staying at the Park Hyatt.
Yes...Yes I am ^

Originally Posted by Zorak
When is your flight?

I'm on DL110 at 20:20. If others are headed to the airport after lunch maybe we could split a cab?
fwiw, I will also be heading to the airport Monday night for my 21:34 AA flight. afaik, I may already be sharing a ride but nothing has been firmed up yet

Finally, I am confirming my selections for the selected events
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Put us down as two maybes!
Still searching for airfares? Ironically I just received an email from DL offering $100 off on fares to Argentina and Brazil, for purchase by September 4th for travel starting August 28th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.