FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   YVR Do September 14-16, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1901233-yvr-do-september-14-16-2018-a.html)

Majuki Sep 15, 18 12:41 am

We are having to return to the gate due to a passenger manifest issue. How much is the cab fare going to be from the airport?

Finkface Sep 15, 18 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Majuki (Post 30205573)
We are having to return to the gate due to a passenger manifest issue. How much is the cab fare going to be from the airport?

$35 plus tip. It is a zoned fare from YVR.
http://www.yvr.ca/-/media/yvr/docume...-(1).pdf?la=en

Majuki Sep 15, 18 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 30205626)
$35 plus tip. It is a zoned fare from YVR.

Sadly I could see the last train pulling into the station as we deplaned from the Dash 8. The fare was a flat $31 + gratuity to this part of the city, so not too bad.

Seeing as I'm just settling in for the night, I will bow out of the morning activities and meet up for the seaplane. (I'm assuming that's still on?)

nomadic.relief Sep 15, 18 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Majuki (Post 30205826)
Seeing as I'm just settling in for the night, I will bow out of the morning activities and meet up for the seaplane. (I'm assuming that's still on?)

Perfectly understandable! I do believe the flight is still a GO. Harbour Air will be monitoring the weather hourly, if it gets too miserable they cancel it. We need to be at the Harbour Air seaplane terminal for 2pm. Flight's at 230, but there is checkin to be dealt with. 1055 Canada Place is the address, but it's waterside.

boxo Sep 15, 18 10:52 am

I've arrived at Waterfront Station. For some reason I thought be here at 10 for 10:15 start. Anyway, I am sitting on a bench having yogurt and coffee, and people-watching.

Finkface Sep 15, 18 10:59 am

Welcome to rainy Vancouver, everyone! It really is a spectacularly beautiful city, when you can actually see the mountains, that is. And if it is any consolation, this is our first real rain since June.

Majuki Sep 15, 18 11:42 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 30206736)
Perfectly understandable! I do believe the flight is still a GO. Harbour Air will be monitoring the weather hourly, if it gets too miserable they cancel it. We need to be at the Harbour Air seaplane terminal for 2pm. Flight's at 230, but there is checkin to be dealt with. 1055 Canada Place is the address, but it's waterside.

Thanks for the information.

Also, for those natives, could you give the details for Destination Marketing Fees on hotel bills? I have read that these are largely optional, but some of the more touristy destinations such as Niagara Falls are now inserting into the Ts & Cs of the room rate that they're mandatory. For this hotel, it seems like the DMF is 1.5% on top of the base room rate. I didn't want to fight a battle that's a losing proposition, but I couldn't find any recent articles on these fees.

NewbieRunner Sep 15, 18 12:39 pm

3 Attachment(s)
A walking tour of Gastown in rain.

NewbieRunner Sep 15, 18 2:35 pm

Flight seeing this afternoon has sadly been cancelled but it will be an incentive for our organiser to plan YVR DO 2!!

A group of us are heading for a ramen restaurant.

Finkface Sep 15, 18 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30207420)
Flight seeing this afternoon has sadly been cancelled but it will be an incentive for our organiser to plan YVR DO 2!!

A group of us are heading for a ramen restaurant.

But it just stopped raining! It is brightening. Enjoy the ramen, though.

nomadic.relief Sep 15, 18 2:55 pm

The flight tour had to be cancelled because visibility was too low to make it over the mountain. I'll see about refunds shortly. Sorry. :(

Bohemian1 Sep 15, 18 3:38 pm

Is there still an idea to have a pre-dinner meet up at the Wall Centre Lounge at around 5:30 still on?

Asking selfishly since it will inform when I SkyTrain it down. if not, I think I may go drown my sorrows at the Keefer prior to Yaletown...

NewbieRunner Sep 15, 18 3:42 pm

10 Attachment(s)
Walking around Chinatown in rain. Plus ramen lunch.

DrunkCargo Sep 15, 18 3:44 pm

It's funny how one takes all this for granted when living here...

Pre-do has been awesome so far! Looking forward to a couple seat assignments tonight. ;)

pudgym29 Sep 15, 18 4:22 pm

Dinner time

I'm currently at The Alibi Room on Alexander St. Will stroll from here to Postmark Brwg. three blocks east. :)
What time are we assembling at Yaletown Brwg.? :confused: