FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   YVR Do September 14-16, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1901233-yvr-do-september-14-16-2018-a.html)

Bohemian1 Sep 14, 18 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 30204615)
With all the cancels above, I might just crash+1 whatever y'all doing after 7pm. I'll just "stand" by if no seats. =)

May as well. Most places will accomodate last minute addons.

We booked a party of 6 and had 9 show up at Cardero's a few weeks back. A polite request and non-stop drink orders made the Manager very happy.

DrunkCargo Sep 14, 18 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 30204614)
Just boarding. Not sure we'll make our revised 2:05 PM takeoff...

Can they make a stop along the way to SEA? Could shave a good 2hrs off your journey. =)

beckoa Sep 14, 18 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 30204639)
Can they make a stop along the way to SEA? Could shave a good 2hrs off your journey. =)

I was hoping for an overbooking so I could switch. Or the delay to keep going further. Neither happened.

I'll waive overhead whilst everyone is enjoying dinner ;)

DrunkCargo Sep 14, 18 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 30204678)
I was hoping for an overbooking so I could switch. Or the delay to keep going further. Neither happened.

Time a lav flush... I always aimed to unload over the grand canyon YVR-PHX, back when US was *A. Kinda made me feel, accomplished?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...s-sunroof-and/

pudgym29 Sep 14, 18 6:06 pm

Contingency

Whether or not I got a spot for Friday night's dinner {I got one.}, I opted to visit Craft Beer Market anyhow.
I'm currently at the north curved end of the center bar. A keen-eyed person could see someone sitting promoting the "World Of Beer" of Evanston(!), IL. on a t-shirt, and / or a yellow rubber duck with a plug for Lufthansa thereupon. ;)
It is 'hoppy hour' ($5 .4L drafts) for another 54 minutes.

canadiancow Sep 14, 18 6:23 pm

I'm currently on AC 569 from SFO. Everything looks on time (or early), but it'll likely be 1945 at the earliest before I can get there.

jackal Sep 14, 18 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo (Post 30204639)

There was an Air Canada ANC-YVR nonstop with saver space that would have worked and gotten him in earlier, but that would involve beckoa cheating on his beloved AS. ;)

Finkface Sep 14, 18 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 30204954)

There was an Air Canada ANC-YVR nonstop with saver space that would have worked and gotten him in earlier, but that would involve beckoa cheating on his beloved AS. ;)

Blasphemy! Friends donít let friends fly AC.

NewbieRunner Sep 14, 18 6:50 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 30204678)

This is about as close as you are going to get. The time to jump is now!

jackal Sep 14, 18 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30204985)
This is about as close as you are going to get. The time to jump is now!

beckoaís a decent swimmer. Or at least I assume so, given how much time he spends at beaches in Hawaii. ;)

nomadic.relief Sep 14, 18 7:37 pm

Upstairs on the right.

NewbieRunner Sep 14, 18 7:55 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Friday dinner for early arrivers @ Craft Beer Market. The place is huge!

Bohemian1 Sep 14, 18 7:58 pm

And you guys thought you might run out of beer...

Finkface Sep 14, 18 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 30205121)
And you guys thought you might run out of beer...

The night is still young...

canadiancow Sep 14, 18 8:18 pm

I'm on the train, so give me another 20ish minutes, and I'll help finish a keg.