Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue
If you have send presents to 2 Giftees where you supposed to get presents from 2 Secret Santa's? I only received gifts from one Secret Santa.

I have asked the moderators a numerous times but no answer yet and I am just curious how it works. If not, it is fine. I had enormous fun in getting and sending the gifts and my 1st Santa send me nice gifts so I am happy!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
If you send presents to 2 Giftees where you supposed to get presents from 2 Secret Santa's? As I only received gifts from one Secret Santa.

I have asked the moderators a numerous times but no answer yet and I am just curious how it works. If not, it is fine. I had enormous fun in getting and sending the gifts and my 1st Santa send me nice gifts so I am happy!
Wharvey should have sent you a pm requesting an update, you'll need to respond to that.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:22 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Of course you are due two gifts... but you have not responded to my last message and it said I would assume you received everything if I did not get a response.

i am working to get all commitments met.
Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
If you have send presents to 2 Giftees where you supposed to get presents from 2 Secret Santa's? I only received gifts from one Secret Santa.

Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire

Received a very near perfect combinations of items for a frequent traveler. Shout out to Secret Santa #2 !
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I received a box of amazing travel Moroccanoil styling products and Sachajuan shampoo sent via Sephora from a very generous Secret Santa in NC. I don't have your FT name, but thank you soooo much!! It's just perfect - I will use everything - you even have the hair color right!! ^ I can't wait to use them on my next trip!! Will post a pic tonight.

Ok, here it is! Adding pic:

Wonderful travel hair products! Thanks Secret Santa!! Cannot wait to try them all!!

Last edited by TravelLawyer; Jan 15, 2018 at 1:30 pm Reason: add pic
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by wharvey
Of course you are due two gifts... but you have not responded to my last message and it said I would assume you received everything if I did not get a response.

i am working to get all commitments met.
Just for the record, I did reply to both messages you send regarding receipts of gifts.

But if someone did not commit to it's commitment to Secret Santa 2017 it I do not think it is you responsibility in the end to fix it. I am happy to have send 2 people gifts and I received from one person nice gifts. If someone does not want to participate it is his loss.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:29 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update:

Due to many non responses, I am unable to confirm receipt of nine gifts. Since people did not respond, I have assumed that all those gifts were received per my last two notes indicated I would do.

Still working on tracking and delivery of three gifts.... tracking shows gifts were shipped.... but "lost" in transit.... or still in "process".

For those of you who stepped forward and sent replacement gifts along with me, THANK YOU!

I still may call on some of you who volunteered but not yet tapped.... stay tuned.

Finally, there is NO WAY I will step forward to do a Secret Santa in June/July program. It has been almost five months for this one and it is not complete. Herding cats would be easier than this process.

It is a thankless task and I cannot tell you how many of you got upset at me because of gifts you did not like or did not get by the deadline. I do this because Flyertalk has given so much to me over the years and this is my small way to give back.... and I have spend much money over the years to make people whole even though I do not participate and receive gifts myself. As always, I apologize for people who did not meet your expectations and I have done what I can to make it right.... but I can only do so much.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and got a great start to the New Year.

William
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa Update:

Due to many non responses, I am unable to confirm receipt of nine gifts. Since people did not respond, I have assumed that all those gifts were received per my last two notes indicated I would do.

Still working on tracking and delivery of three gifts.... tracking shows gifts were shipped.... but "lost" in transit.... or still in "process".

For those of you who stepped forward and sent replacement gifts along with me, THANK YOU!

I still may call on some of you who volunteered but not yet tapped.... stay tuned.

Finally, there is NO WAY I will step forward to do a Secret Santa in June/July program. It has been almost five months for this one and it is not complete. Herding cats would be easier than this process.

It is a thankless task and I cannot tell you how many of you got upset at me because of gifts you did not like or did not get by the deadline. I do this because Flyertalk has given so much to me over the years and this is my small way to give back.... and I have spend much money over the years to make people whole even though I do not participate and receive gifts myself. As always, I apologize for people who did not meet your expectations and I have done what I can to make it right.... but I can only do so much.

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and got a great start to the New Year.

William
Thank you William for running this! My first one and it was certainly enjoyable. ^ I wish people would be a bit more understanding - it isn't you who is deciding on the gifts!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thank you William for the huge piece of work you put in to making this work. And I am really sorry for you having to foot part of the bill of other people's failures. This year I could not step in as my travel schedule is too busy in January. It is a fun activity, that I think a lot of people enjoy. I do hope you have the energy and patience for next December.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
This was my first time, and I had a blast.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
Hope not entirely thankless - I send a big "Thank You" for your efforts at this year after year. Almost all of us thoroughly enjoy Secret Santa and appreciate your work of this huge effort. I loved all of my gifts, and one of my two giftees posted their appreciation here, while Fedex and the US Postal Service confirm that someone received the gifts at the specified giftee address of the other. I have some sense of the frustration you must feel.

I've had a blast too!
HeadElf53 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks Santa! Looking forward to doing this again, enjoyed first time! ^
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I received a box of amazing travel Moroccanoil styling products and Sachajuan shampoo sent via Sephora from a very generous Secret Santa in NC. I don't have your FT name, but thank you soooo much!! It's just perfect - I will use everything - you even have the hair color right!! ^ I can't wait to use them on my next trip!! Will post a pic tonight.

Ok, here it is! Adding pic:

Wonderful travel hair products! Thanks Secret Santa!! Cannot wait to try them all!!
I was angry the site didn't let me include a note. So glad you like them. I love Morroccan Oil, keeps my hair smooth. Travel Well
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Oh yay! Thanks for revealing yourself @Redhead! It's been really tempting to try the products out at home! Must resist... Lol! Thanks again for the wonderful goodies!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: UA, AA ,FB, Marriott, Enterprise,Amex
A little late, but worth the wait!
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.