Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:15 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thank you Rob!

Maine is one of our favourite places to visit each summer. We usually RV our way up the coast to Mount Desert Island so we can visit the many breweries, farmers markets, fisheries and lobster pounds along the way and have somewhere to cook those awesome ingredients. The cookbook will be much used and the coffee is a lovely reminder of those misty Maine mornings. Mr. tcl is tinkering with the Google Home Mini as I type. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

FT Secret Santa 2017 gift 2 (opened) from Rob.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Mr. Kipper finally opened his present, which is the men's version of 12 days of socks. He is opening one pair each day, probably to drive me crazy.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:47 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by kipper
Mr. Kipper finally opened his present, which is the men's version of 12 days of socks. He is opening one pair each day, probably to drive me crazy.
LOL!

If Mr. Kipper isn't a sock fan, there *might* be someone who is....
Old Dec 26, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Lisabeth
I received a box from Louisville KY and will open tomorrow and post pictures- thanks Santa!
See Post #583
MissChele likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by ohlradio

Just back from a road trip to my Secret Santa gift, and Santa really outdid himself!

-Toronto Blue Jays Gift Card
-Amazon Gift Card
-Hot Sauce
-Syrup
-Seasoning
-2 Chocolate bars

The food products all native to the DC area, also included a really nice historic card from DC.

Thank you Santa!
Glad everything arrived safely. Merry Christmas, hope you enjoy!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by tcl
LOL!

When the elves read the bolded word above, it left a distasteful taste in our mouths. Sock / Sox.
That's the team from BOS.
Redhead likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:01 am

Thank you!

Got back to the office today after a few days out of town in chilly Wisconsin and some time spent with my family here in DC over the weekend to find a veritable mountain of packages sitting on my desk (which, on top of the not insignificant clutter already there, was quite a sight). I had forgotten to expect these, so it was a really wonderful surprise this morning.

My first Santa did not identify him- or herself, but was great about sending me anonymous email updates about when to expect various packages from amazon. The gifts included a generous amazon gift card and a variety of items from North Carolina, where I am guessing Santa is from:

- book of photos interwoven with history by Hugh Morton, a local photographer
- pack of 1893 cola
- jar of Mt. Olive pickles
- bottle of Scott's NC BBQ sauce
- jar of Bull City rib rub seasoning
- Meyer lemon cookies
- Goody's headache powders
- a locally made bottle coozie

Thanks so much for all of the gifts. It was fun tearing into each successive package, wondering what slice of North Carolina would be inside. I really appreciate the thought and time that you put into picking out everything.

My second Santa, Rob from Maine, also was incredibly generous and thoughtful. He sent a box with several beautifully wrapped gifts representing his home state:

- Katahdin coffee
- a box of local specialty chocolates (which I am eating as I type this instead of the banana I brought from home)
- a Dunkin Donuts Maine themed mug and hot cocoa set

He also included a new Google home mini, which I'm excited to play with, and a travel guide to the planet Vulcan, which is not something I knew existed, or else I probably would have owned it already! The spirit and optimism of Star Trek really speaks to the same starry-eyed part of me that loves traveling and exploring new places, so I am going to really enjoy reading this. Thanks very much for taking the time to pick out such great gifts!

Sorry for the low quality photos taken on the floor of my office cubicle. Thanks again to both of my generous Santas. I really enjoyed this, and hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and new year!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Everything
Just got back from 11 days abroad and found a cornucopia of goodies from my Secret Santa, who must have been travelling in Texas and Utah. Goodies included 3 bars of handmade soap, cooking salt from the Great Salt Lake, a salt crystal ornament in the shape of Utah, a handmade wooden spatula (also from Utah), a Lufthansa ducky, a handmade Kokopelli (also from Utah) and a trio of shell friends. All lovingly wrapped. I am charmed! Thanks so much!

Thank you, Santa!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Good, glad you've got em. Presents are in gift bags, so you can open the box & put em under the tree if you like ^

Wonderful gifts were unwrapped yesterday! You provided a beautiful coffee mug and ironically Miss Chele ( other secret Santa) sent great coffee. Planning an international trip for the summer and the adapter will be joining me. My arms and legs are now soft thanks to the Aveda! Thank you so much for the lovely gifts!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold

Received an awesome Louisville package- the chocolate is yummy! Tried your coffee this morning in a new mug from another Santa and loved it! Thank you for the local touches and adding my daily body butter. It is all appreciated, Thanks MissChele!
kirkwoodj and MissChele like this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Glad everything arrived safely Lisabeth. Happy New Year!
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by tcl
LOL!

LOL, I may steal some of them. He said something about setting a good example and throwing out socks for each new pair he received.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Just received my gifts from the Secret Santa. I especially love the pocket fan though still have yet to decipher what it says when it is turned on.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:47 am

Glad you liked everything! And I know how it goes with that chocolate -- it's so good!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by WriterGirlLinds
i received a lap writing desk and travel makeup kit that was Paris themed. Also some delicious chocolate that is long gone and couldn’t make an appearance in the photo lol thank you Caroline the gifts were amazing!
Man, it's been a while and I guess I forgot how to use FT :P See above!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.