FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:01 am
onthewaytoadventure

Thank you!

Got back to the office today after a few days out of town in chilly Wisconsin and some time spent with my family here in DC over the weekend to find a veritable mountain of packages sitting on my desk (which, on top of the not insignificant clutter already there, was quite a sight). I had forgotten to expect these, so it was a really wonderful surprise this morning.

My first Santa did not identify him- or herself, but was great about sending me anonymous email updates about when to expect various packages from amazon. The gifts included a generous amazon gift card and a variety of items from North Carolina, where I am guessing Santa is from:

- book of photos interwoven with history by Hugh Morton, a local photographer
- pack of 1893 cola
- jar of Mt. Olive pickles
- bottle of Scott's NC BBQ sauce
- jar of Bull City rib rub seasoning
- Meyer lemon cookies
- Goody's headache powders
- a locally made bottle coozie

Thanks so much for all of the gifts. It was fun tearing into each successive package, wondering what slice of North Carolina would be inside. I really appreciate the thought and time that you put into picking out everything.

My second Santa, Rob from Maine, also was incredibly generous and thoughtful. He sent a box with several beautifully wrapped gifts representing his home state:

- Katahdin coffee
- a box of local specialty chocolates (which I am eating as I type this instead of the banana I brought from home)
- a Dunkin Donuts Maine themed mug and hot cocoa set

He also included a new Google home mini, which I'm excited to play with, and a travel guide to the planet Vulcan, which is not something I knew existed, or else I probably would have owned it already! The spirit and optimism of Star Trek really speaks to the same starry-eyed part of me that loves traveling and exploring new places, so I am going to really enjoy reading this. Thanks very much for taking the time to pick out such great gifts!

Sorry for the low quality photos taken on the floor of my office cubicle. Thanks again to both of my generous Santas. I really enjoyed this, and hope everyone has a fantastic holiday season and new year!