Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold

Update - It was Kipper! Thanks so much!!

Not sure who this Secret Santa is but thank you so much! Daughter is thrilled with the movie and the cookbook is a perfect addition to my collection. When we went to the UK a few years ago, scones were her favorite treat. Yummy!

Last edited by MissChele; Dec 20, 2017 at 9:43 am
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:34 pm

Another package arrived from Amazon yesterday - a German cookbook and a tea collection. Although my ancestry has a good portion of German, I don't know much about the food traditions. My tea normally had vast quantities of ice and sugar so I'm looking forward to having a proper cuppa.

Thanks Kipper!

Last edited by MissChele; Dec 20, 2017 at 9:43 am
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:49 pm

One more! A lovely set of washes from Molton Brown - London. The fragrance combinations are very creative and smell delish!! Thanks!
nwncl and yunicorner like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I think my secret santa arrives tomorrow. Just got an elert from Amazon about a delivery from Ebags/Heritage Travelware. Excited to see what it is.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I missed the delivery of the first gift on Friday, which was collected yesterday. A lovely handcrafted lamp suits my first home in the Cotswolds. I thank the Santa for the one-of-a-kind lamp!
What a cool, unique gift!

I don't believe I've posted it here yet, but I did receive part of one of my gifts a couple weeks ago that I finally broke down and opened. It was a book of photography from a well-known North Carolina photographer, with some nice descriptions of the history and significance of the images. I'm guessing that's where my mystery Santa is from? Thanks in any case for the nice book! I'll post pictures all together once the other parts arrive.

Packages for both of my recipients are shipping out today and should arrive by Thursday. Happy holidays to all! It's been fun, as always, following along and seeing all of the gifts.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by sperkins921
OMG!! I LOVE your gift. Esp the idea of a scratch n sniff book. I wonder if they make one for wine....
A quick online search confirms that they do indeed make a scratch n sniff wine book. Perhaps someone close to you needs a last minute stocking stuffer!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I must appologise to my giftees. Wrapping... wrapping is not my forte. I did buy new wrapping paper, but they're pretty rough looking. All three were sent today via USPS, and are scheduled for delivery on Friday, a few items may arrive sooner since they're coming via amazon.

I received a gift from Token385 with a card enclosed stated there were a few gifts from home. (In a strange twist, we are both from the same hometown!) Stranger yet, they arrived while I was in Wisconsin.
Included was: A Titleist logo waffle hat, and golf towel from Lawsonia Golf Course
a half dozen Titliest DT TruSoft logo golf balls in a picture package
two Wisconsin drink glasses (with all the important local sites.)
And two boxes of Hughes chocolates. (I'm going to need to hide these, probably from myself, or they'll be gone in one sitting.

Thank you very much, I look forward to losing some of the golf balls.

Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Came home from work and was thrilled to find a package I wasn’t expecting! Thanks to my Secret Santa (Gino), for the candy, packing cubes, amenity kit, personalized luggage tag, and United Polaris pillow!

I am going to enjoy the candy. . . tonight! The pillow will be useful for more than just travel. I am already planning to add it to my gear bag for night shifts.

Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold

Received gifts from K Johnson of Houston. My daughter and dog insist I wait until Christmas to open!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue

Meneer Guggenheimer is happy! I am off to the US for Family visits and some R&R!

To all I wish a wonderful X mas period!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:18 am

I received this lovely book on acrylic painting from a mystery Santa yesterday. Thanks very much!

(Let’s try again with imgur since that was cut off.)

https://imgur.com/a/MSkYW

Last edited by MappingChick; Dec 20, 2017 at 8:23 am
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MappingChick
I received this lovely book on acrylic painting from a mystery Santa yesterday. Thanks very much!

(Let’s try again with imgur since that was cut off.)

https://imgur.com/a/MSkYW
More to come, MappingChick!!
MappingChick likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I hate sounding ungrateful, but I just received a box of items that are only about half of the required spend limit (even if I used full retail values) from my secret santa. Nothing was wrapped and there is a card, but does not indicate that there are more gifts. If you are my secret santa, please update wharvey. Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I hate sounding ungrateful, but I just received a box of items that are only about half of the required spend limit (even if I used full retail values) from my secret santa. Nothing was wrapped and there is a card, but does not indicate that there are more gifts. If you are my secret santa, please update wharvey. Thanks!
Sadly this happens.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Got my first Secret Santa gifts a few days ago when I got home from traveling. Was trying to wait until Christmas Day to open it but decided otherwise. 3 very good bottles of J. Lhor red wine (Merlot, Cabernet, and Pinot Noir).
Forgot to take a picture before opening the bottle of Merlot - hadn't had this wine before, but am now a fan! Thanks!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.