Search

WineDO 8.5-- Saturday, January 23, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by bdnyc
...But does this mean I'm now sitting alone?
Of course not. You're still bringing the Roederer, are you not? You will still be popular among the usual gang. I can't vouch for anyone else.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bdnyc
But does this mean I'm now sitting alone?
As my grandmother used to say (for her version of punishment), "Go sit in the corner and cry."
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by monitor
Of course not. You're still bringing the Roederer, are you not? You will still be popular among the usual gang. I can't vouch for anyone else.
I was just going to steal the Roederer and make him go sit alone at the kids table.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
I was just going to steal the Roederer and make him go sit alone at the kids table.
Roederer is just so "LAN Business Class." Of course, I don't turn it away, but really.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Roederer is just so "LAN Business Class." Of course, I don't turn it away, but really.
Well, it could be worse. It could be AeroMexico business class.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
Well, it could be worse. It could be AeroMexico business class.
Actually they're serving Jacquart which isn't bad and better than a lot of the swill that the US carriers are serving.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
First delivery to ithaka arrived

I brought the first delivery (aka eight superurb early arrival bottles) to ithaka this evening. They are safely stored at ~40F. I sat with the owner and we discussed few details.
Please let me know the final headcount plus additional guests if you have or wish to add (we do have space available), as we need to inform the chef, buyers, etc. and they need to prepare. We also need to be fair and if we don't have as many people we can get two long tables side by side (but not necessary the entire lower level).
We verified the space in their cellar and wine cooler for an early arrival of guests' wines, and I strongly encourage an early delivery of bottles. Please PM me for details.
Also, wines announcements, or options- please do so soon :-) We need more bubbles. We never say no for more bubbles...
Tables arrangements: Three glasses per person, plus flutes if wanted/needed, plus small logistics table, plus ice buckets, plus...
Food- appetizers family style (same as last year), at least four different fish on the offerings, all the appetizers one want, and also the option to pick from the regular main dishes menu if needed/wanted. Samplers of all desserts would be available.
Dietary restrictions: Please let me know as soon as possible. I want to make sure the waitstaff and chefs note them in advance.

See you next Saturday, yamas!

Last edited by DLroads; Jan 17, 2016 at 11:13 am
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am responsible for the 2010 Piollot Cuvée Val Colas Robin Extra Brut Champagne. Thanks for dlroads for the suggestion.

Looking at the weather tonight, looks like next weekend will be a nice weekend to be in NYC and away from Texas! Very much looking forward to the good food, drink, and meeting y'all!

Now to go adjust my eating and drinking habits to get ready for dinner, and Centurion Lounge x2.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLroads
I brought the first delivery (aka eight superurb early arrival bottles) to ithaka this evening.
Yet some still not appearing on the master list thread.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
If any of the new attendees wants to sit next to me, instead of some of the old time blowhards up thread, it would be my pleasure.

How come the June WineDo doesn't have any drama??

See you all on Saturday.

Speaking of wine, there's a wine bulletin board that a couple of Flyertalkers participate in. It's called www.wineberserkers.com Once a year, on the birthday of the website, January 27th, there's a big wine sale. I don't mean a sale like at your local retailer. I mean a legit once a year sale that offers real discounts from major speciality winemakers/vineyards. I for one look forward to this every year.

All you have to do is sign up (it's free) and read the various threads on January 27th. IIRC, the action starts late morning eastern time. New threads are posted throughout the day by the administrator. Some wines sell out quickly, while others offer all day sales.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or the OP.

See you on Saturday.
Dan
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Dan!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
if anyone of the official attendees of the DO can use a UA RPU to come to NYC, please PM me.

Still need to figure out what I can bring due to a delay in the bottle that I had earmarked. Hmmm.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by cfischer
if anyone of the official attendees of the DO can use a UA RPU to come to NYC, please PM me.
+1. Likewise, I'd be happy to extend one of my RPUs to anyone attending. Please PM me if needed.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
Very generous. Of course both of my flights are showing R0.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
The weather is beginning to look potentially problematic from those flying in from DC on Friday/Saturday (80% chance of snow, first "major snowstorm of the year" according to the media, predictions for anywhere from 6-18 inches). Fingers crossed the forecasts won't be accurate.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.