WineDO 8.5-- Saturday, January 23, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDO 8.5-- Saturday, January 23, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DLroads
Time: 6:30pm. As always, late arrivals will have to drink a bottle of wine served on the dAArk side in coach, while flying on ryan air, seat 45B. ...
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
@GRALISTAIR -- does this mean you are actually interested in making your way to NYC for this event, or just amused by the banter? btw looks like I will be home in SEA next weekend ...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Wine announcement:

I am bringing two bottles.

The bottle in chief is a Broc Cellars Michael Mara Vineyard Chardonnay. Sonoma Coast, crushed, fermented and bottled in Berkeley. A refined, crisp Chardonnay. I believe it sits in neutral oak.

My bonus bottle is Broc Cellars Love White. It is a blend of Marsanne / Roussanne / Viognier. As it didn't meet the required buy-in price, but as I further think it will go very well with the dinner, I decided to bring this as a bonus bottle. This is a well-rounded wine that just feels good in one's mouth. Yum
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

I am bringing two bottles.

The bottle in chief is a Broc Cellars Michael Mara Vineyard Chardonnay. Sonoma Coast, crushed, fermented and bottled in Berkeley. A refined, crisp Chardonnay. I believe it sits in neutral oak.

My bonus bottle is Broc Cellars Love White. It is a blend of Marsanne / Roussanne / Viognier. As it didn't meet the required buy-in price, but as I further think it will go very well with the dinner, I decided to bring this as a bonus bottle. This is a well-rounded wine that just feels good in one's mouth. Yum
You're bringing?? You mean I shouldn't expect a shipment of olive oil?

I drank this in 2011 and enjoyed it > 2009 Broc Cellars Vine Starr White.

dh
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Back from a mini tour. I'd go through and update the listings. If you do plan to join us, please let me know so I can work out spacing with Ithaka. Yamas!
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
So as I sit here relaxing and drinking a split of champagne, I'm really looking forward to the DO.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wrp96
So as I sit here relaxing and drinking a split of champagne, I'm really looking forward to the DO.

leaning towards bringing a sweet wine ... we'll see
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
What can I say, it was a lazy Saturday and it was there.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I went to proof in DC, and actually they had very nice BTG selection. Had Dom Pérignon Brut 2004 and Taittinger rose NV. Used the time to downsize some ideas for the wineDO, and get the headcount balance checked. Looking forward to meeting new and repeated guests. Feel free to post your wine thoughts, yamas!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Bump to celebrate the safe arrival of EastBay1K's wines to the storage. I almost forgot about them and I thought someone sent me a present... well, in a way it is true

so, who else is joining us? who else sends some good juice to the 25-30 members that would test, taste and dance? (dance at your risk)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
so, who else is joining us? who else sends some good juice to the 25-30 members that would test, taste and dance? (dance at your risk)
What's the protocol from sourcing from the locals/cellars?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
You ask them (PM), and they will reply.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
That's that we call a "splash."
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You ask them (PM), and they will reply.
DLroads and I are taking turns with providing wine. I'm not sure who is up next. Not to worry.
PM how much you want to spend, and one of us will do the rest.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Pre-xmas bumping...

If you know what you plan to bring the audience to drink, please post. I will follow up on the bubbles that visitors PM'd me as well. If you did not send the payment yet, please PM me for payment or paypal address. I want to get closer to a final headcount so I can talk to Ithaka about logistics. I am waiting to see if a bonus bottle on my end is due I actually selected few good candidates for an extra one.

Merry xmas to all, and have a bubbly toast for the wineDO!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Pre-xmas bumping...

If you know what you plan to bring the audience to drink, please post. I will follow up on the bubbles that visitors PM'd me as well. If you did not send the payment yet, please PM me for payment or paypal address. I want to get closer to a final headcount so I can talk to Ithaka about logistics. I am waiting to see if a bonus bottle on my end is due I actually selected few good candidates for an extra one.

Merry xmas to all, and have a bubbly toast for the wineDO!
I'm planning to bring the 2009 Chateau Rieussec Sauternes that I was supposed to bring in June, but I may bring a decent Riesling instead. Happy to decide based on what we need more of as the date gets closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.