Monterey DO Two activity sign-up

Friday lunch, 1pm Ambrosia India Bistro
Doc Savage
boxo
califcoast

Friday pre-dinner nibbles and drinks, Days Inn room
boxo
Doc Savage

Friday dinner at il vecchio, Pacific Grove 7:30 pm (13/12)
boxo
Doc Savage
lili - may be late, save a seat
CMK10
KathyWdrf
ChrisFlyer66
Majuki
spacecrafter
Sykes - may be a tad bit late
deirdre+1
redrick
califcoast

Old Monterey Cafe 8 am sharp
boxo
CMK10
dinoscool3 +4
Majuki
mhnadel
deirdre

Saturday Tor House ~75-min tour, arrive 9:45 am [limited to 8 people] (6)
ChrisFlyer66
lili
Majuki
mhnadel
spacecrafter
boxo

Saturday noon-ish Point Lobos (9)
boxo
ChrisFlyer66
lili - briefly - my goal is Big Sur
mhnadel
Majuki
KathyWdrf
spacecrafter
redrick+1

Saturday Carmel lunch, Terry's Lounge 12 noon (4/6)
boxo
ChrisFlyer66
mhnadel
KathyWdrf
spacecrafter
Sykes

deirdre

Saturday dinner Downtown Monterey, Epsilon Greek Restaurant 7 pm (17/18)
boxo
ChrisFlyer66
Dinoscool3 +4
KathyWdrf
lili
mhnadel
spacecrafter
Sykes
Karen2 +1
deirdre+1
redrick

Sunday 10:30 am State Historic Parks Public Walking Tour [Please arrive Pacific House Museum 10 am.] (10)
boxo
ChrisFlyer66
Dinoscool3 +4
lili
Kathy Wdrf
spacecrafter

Sunday lunch in Pacific Grove, Fandango 12:00 noon (13/14)
boxo
ChrisFlyer66
Dinoscool3 +4
KathyWdrf
spacecrafter
lili
deirdre+1
redrick
Print Wikipost

Monterey DO Two: 24-26 October 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, Mileage Plus Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hey I want to join you guys at the Monterey Do.
I am interested to join the Friday dinner and all Saturday and Sunday event.
Seems that I can't sign myself up at the wikipost
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by spacecrafter
Hey I want to join you guys at the Monterey Do.
I am interested to join the Friday dinner and all Saturday and Sunday event.
Seems that I can't sign myself up at the wikipost
With only 8 posts under your 3 year old belt, you don't meet the minimum requirement to post in wikis. I applaud your willpower, and will add you if no one else has already. Welcome.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold, Mileage Plus Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thank you
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by boxo
As you know, MRY is very RJ-friendly, but sorrrrry, no Sbarro.

^
So sorry , old friend, I have just come across this thread.....RJ friendly...Jordanian Airlines....Que..?
John.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
So sorry , old friend, I have just come across this thread.....RJ friendly...Jordanian Airlines....Que..?
John.
I know you surely don't mean "old" as in age, Mr Sydney, because you guessed I was 10 years younger than I actually am.

No, not Royal Jordanian. It's RJ for regional jet.

I hope you're well wherever in the world you are.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

My dearest DOers, I am still waiting to hear from a couple people regarding possible tours, and have been quietly re-tweaking the schedule on the first page. I am painfully embarrassed I've dragged it out this long.

Rest assured, next fall's DO will be on Salinas' air show weekend which means Saturday's already planned itself.

I'm really looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My dearest DOers, I am still waiting to hear from a couple people regarding possible tours, and have been quietly re-tweaking the schedule on the first page. I am painfully embarrassed I've dragged it out this long.

Rest assured, next fall's DO will be on Salinas' air show weekend which means Saturday's already planned itself.

I'm really looking forward to seeing/meeting all of you!
And I you, thanks for all the work you've done.

Incidentally, I see breakfast is no longer listed on the Wiki...are we no longer doing that?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Hmmm, I never listed breakfast in the wiki because last time, everyone did their own thing, but it's in post #3. I'm counting on you for Saturday morning cuz you're leaving us for that silly little road trip.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hmmm, I never listed breakfast in the wiki because last time, everyone did their own thing, but it's in post #3. I'm counting on you for Saturday morning cuz you're leaving us for that silly little road trip.
Ah my bad. And I'll still show up if you let me know when...even though you just called a lifelong dream of mine "silly"
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Have we sorted anything out about car pooling? I assumed I was going to rent a car, but it turns out that all the car rental places close at 11 p.m. and my flight gets in at 11:30.

I figure on taking a taxi to the Hilton Garden Inn and I suppose I can cab it back to pick up a car in the wee hours, but if anybody were interested in car pooling, it would probably make more sense anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by mhnadel
Have we sorted anything out about car pooling? I assumed I was going to rent a car, but it turns out that all the car rental places close at 11 p.m. and my flight gets in at 11:30.

I figure on taking a taxi to the Hilton Garden Inn and I suppose I can cab it back to pick up a car in the wee hours, but if anybody were interested in car pooling, it would probably make more sense anyway.
I'm staying at the HGI, if I'm still awake when you get in I can come out and pick you up. I owe that to a Facebook and Flyertalk friend
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm staying at the HGI, if I'm still awake when you get in I can come out and pick you up. I owe that to a Facebook and Flyertalk friend
I'm staying with CMK10, so I can pick you up too.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
The Wiki is not welcoming me either!

We will only be able to DO Saturday as other commitments stand in the way of our being there the whole weekend.

How about La Balena for either lunch or dinner Saturday? We loved it. When I read about Carmel restaurants, what they have in common is SMALL. Challenging for a large group. It is going to be very chilly over the weekend so I vote to eat indoors. Without coats and heaters and blankets.

Do you have the TBAs for all the meals yet?

Here is my other 2 cents: Roy's at Inn at Spanish Bay. Much more interesting fare than Sticks. How about noon when the fog will hopefully have lifted and the view is killer?

How about the relatively new Beach House Restaurant at Lovers Point in Pacific Grove (next to the park where Mr Karen2 and I were married 35 years ago)? They only do dinner. I read Yelp which was underwhelming but not bad and the view and general area are killer.

We will not be doing any of the tours except maybe driving over to see if the butterflies have arrived. We saw the IMAX on the Monarchs and hope some of you did too. Not the same route but surely the same crowd! Bring binoculars for certain or you will see nothing as they will be too high in the trees.

Looking forward to the DO!

Last edited by Karen2; Oct 19, 2014 at 11:34 pm Reason: adding info
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Karen2
The Wiki is not welcoming me either!...
"Click here to display full Wiki" then click Edit in lower right corner of Wiki.

Does that not work for you? What device and operating system are you using?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by CMK10
Given the late hour and potential for delays, it is probably best if I cab it to the hotel Friday night. But a ride to pick up a car on Saturday morning would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.