Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WineDo 7 - Sunday June 15, 2014 - NYC

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2014, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by msvacation
Since I'm officially in for BRT, I'd love to come to Wine Do if there is a spare seat.

Dan, could you please put me on the wait list?
So noted. You're #2 on the waitlist.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I know a few of you won't know which wine you're bringing until you arrive in NY.
For those that do know what wine they're bringing, please post, so DLroads can update the list.

Still making the tough decisions on what to bring:

monitor
GrjAPP
aacharya
thewayofthefuture +1
lili
violist
Gaucho
NYBanker
challett

I'll update the OP as wines are posted.

dh
Old May 14, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53

Bonus bottle '10 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Proprietary Cuvée.

We don't care about the ratings - Parker 93, or CellarTracker 90 (more in line with the average Joe).

All we care about is that the wine be a minimum of $35.00
Old May 14, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I'd keep updating here...

tinyurl.com/wineDO

We don't care about the ratings - Parker 93, or CellarTracker 90 (more in line with the average Joe).

All we care about is that the wine be a minimum of $35.00
That said, if someone has a 1994 Harlan Estate around and would like to try it out, I can even add it pencil on paper during dinner...
Old May 14, 2014, 5:58 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I have a good idea of the 3 (three) wines I will bring..... but I don't want to fix them in stone just yet. What is the deadline to submit the "victims" to the organizing committee...????
Old May 14, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Still making the tough decisions on what to bring:

monitor
monitor? Really? I shall contact frantic and have her light a fire under him to make a very wise, and excellent decision.

btw, if I bring some Spanish bubbles, will I be relegated to the back bench?
Old May 14, 2014, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
monitor? Really? I shall contact frantic and have her light a fire under him to make a very wise, and excellent decision.

btw, if I bring some Spanish bubbles, will I be relegated to the back bench?
Depends on the bubbles. You could be relegated to the throne!
Old May 14, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Depends on the bubbles. You could be relegated to the throne!
Rimarts Gran Cru?
Old May 15, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
Rimarts Gran Cru?
DLRoads shall make all material comments of anything espumante.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
IMHO, I believe the list is very promising and all would be drinkable and enjoyable (knock on wood). Nice list of Dry (still), growing list of bubbles... we'd figure something for the dessert...It is going to be very hard to exceed the standard set in wineDO6 but I am sure Dan is 'pushing' us all to go the extra mile.

I do hope that the grape ex·pec·ta·tions will be met. (paging Eastbay1K)

For those wines already on the list, tinyurl.com/wineDO it will be great if you'd verify I got the data correctly. I am not sure I got the Taittinger bubbly classification right (paging tcook52) and the Hirsch Vineyards Pinot Noir Reserve classification right (paging frantic +1 )
Old May 15, 2014, 6:50 pm
mjm
Original Member

As the theme is "Wines of Napa and Sonoma" the list of whites has a huge need for Chardonnay. Those who have not chosen yet should consider something in that category. Right now there are 8 reds (very big ones too) and 4 whites of which two are heavier than the other two. A little balance in that regard would be good.

Also as this is the season of Rosé in CA and with so many producers making stellar ones, it would be very representative of CA to have some Rosé.

The list is shaping up but the "Dry" descriptor still needs to be fixed as it does not describe what is in that section of the list. Maybe do like a typical list and use:

Main Heading--> White
Sub-headings: Dry, Off Dry etc.

Same for red.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mjm

Also as this is the season of Rosé in CA and with so many producers making stellar ones, it would be very representative of CA to have some Rosé.
I have a 2012 Tablas Creek Dianthus that I'd be happy to bring but it is somewhat under the buy-in and Paso Robles rather than Napa or Sonoma. (Then again, our Turley is also Paso Robles....)

If the Dianthus is not up to snuff I'll plan on bringing something white, although it's not likely I'll bring a Chardonnay.

ETA: OK, decided on a 2nd bottle. I've got a 2011 Hartford Court Pinot Noir Land's Edge Vineyards that I think will be fun to compare with monitor's Hirsch. I'll bring the Dianthus if I'm in the mood to bring a bonus bottle. And I'll let other people with a greater fondness for Chardonnay work on the white category.

Last edited by Calcifer; May 15, 2014 at 8:17 pm
Old May 15, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calcifer
I have a 2012 Tablas Creek Dianthus that I'd be happy to bring but it is somewhat under the buy-in and Paso Robles rather than Napa or Sonoma. (Then again, our Turley is also Paso Robles....)

If the Dianthus is not up to snuff I'll plan on bringing something white, although it's not likely I'll bring a Chardonnay.
Bonus Bottles Below the Buy-in are always welcome I almost sent a rosé as my BB.
Old May 15, 2014, 8:36 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mjm
As the theme is "Wines of Napa and Sonoma" the list of whites has a huge need for Chardonnay.
Hmmmm.... I have this very good Chard based blend, but that would mean adding another label to my lineup...
Old May 15, 2014, 8:58 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Hmmmm.... I have this very good Chard based blend, but that would mean adding another label to my lineup...
Chard is not blended in CA usually unless it is from Caymus and called Conundrum. The sweet spot for wines from your neck of the woods is the reds anyway. Bringing a CA Chard would be cool but would not make as much sense as the reds I can imagine you are bringing.

Last edited by mjm; May 15, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.