Wiki Posts
Search

WineDo 7 - Sunday June 15, 2014 - NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:52 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Your friend Randy is wrong, and I'll pull out my Winegaddah to prove me right.

Reading the excerpt, "Ma nishtana ha lila ha ze ..." because on all other nights we park with a couple of wines, but tonight, we have a sip of each of the wines." Now, which one of the "holy 24" will be the youngest and read these questions ...
Ah yes, the 5th question. :-)
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by cfischer
since my basement is not well-stocked w/ Napas I am thinking about contributing a Mondavi 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve.
I will strongly encourage you to bring also bubbles under the rule- bubbles are the exception (see post#1)
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
since my basement is not well-stocked w/ Napas I am thinking about contributing a Mondavi 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve.
You qualify.

Let us know when you officially decide so that I can add your selection to the OP. Based what's been posted so far, cordelli would have loved this.

Dan
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
In order to meet the grape ex·pec·ta·tions, and to balance the current offerings, I'd bring a '90 Chateau Montelena Johannisberg Riesling and a '07 Altamura Sauvignon Blanc

A bonus bottle was listed by dh.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DLroads
In order to meet the grape ex·pec·ta·tions, and to balance the current offerings, I'd bring a '90 Chateau Montelena Johannisberg Riesling and a '07 Altamura Sauvignon Blanc

A bonus bottle was listed by dh.
DLroads.... if Im reading this correctly, you will bring the two above labels plus an additional bonus bottles (ie. total three wines)...? Kindly confirm.

Thanks,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Since Mi Amigo Gaucho is joining us, I hope he wouldn't mind talking about wines from the right side of the Andes (Argentina) for a few minutes. Except for my trip to Mendoza in 2012, I really don't know much about wines from Argentina.
Dan, I would be very happy (and Honored) to speak about Wine from the Right side of the Andes. I will prepare a little something and forward to you for your review/approval... ^
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
... you will bring the two above labels plus an additional bonus bottles (ie. total three wines)
Yep There are some grape expectations
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yep There are some grape expectations
Yes there are. And if they aren't satisfied, the grapes will be of wrath!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I will strongly encourage you to bring also bubbles under the rule- bubbles are the exception (see post#1)
Nice to see people are reading what's been written.

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Dan, I would be very happy (and Honored) to speak about Wine from the Right side of the Andes. I will prepare a little something and forward to you for your review/approval... ^
Single spaced. Five page minimum (in extra small print).
Gaucho, as you and the other new attendees will find out, this is a relaxed, laid back wine dinner. You won't have your 15 minutes of fame.
Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm from the less is better school.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And if they aren't satisfied, the grapes will be of wrath!
One of the greatest books/movies ever made. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grapes_of_Wrath

The first post has been updates to reflect payments and wines.

Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 29, 2014 at 9:01 pm
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
all set ... bottle on the way to Dan ...
Old May 1, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm from the less is better school.
Understood.... ^
Old May 2, 2014, 10:37 am

With the help of CT, here is the wine menu for the wineDO. (Not sure if the Hirsch is '09/'10/'11 and the bubbles are NV). I'd update it as the details are updated here... seems to get a nice form!

http://tinyurl.com/wineDO
Old May 2, 2014, 8:06 pm
mjm
Original Member

With the help of CT, here is the wine menu for the wineDO. (Not sure if the Hirsch is '09/'10/'11 and the bubbles are NV). I'd update it as the details are updated here... seems to get a nice form!

http://tinyurl.com/wineDO
The descriptor of "Dry" should be changed to "Still" and the descriptor of "Sweet/Dessert" to simply "Dessert" for clarity. There are at least two whites that are not dry and one of the reds for sure.

List standouts are in the red (ACV and the Hirsch) and white (Donkey and Goat, Arnot-Roberts) sections.

Looking forward to feedback on those.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:45 pm

The '07 Altamura arrived from storage. Too bad I'm under the weather, so I could not personally check that it meets the highest standards for a Sauvignon Blanc
Old May 12, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
Wait list?

Since I'm officially in for BRT, I'd love to come to Wine Do if there is a spare seat.

Dan, could you please put me on the wait list?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.