Wiki Posts
Search

WineDo 7 - Sunday June 15, 2014 - NYC

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLroads
...the Hirsch Vineyards Pinot Noir Reserve...(paging frantic +1 )
That is what she is bringing. I will declare something when I get up to NY next Wednesday and see what I have that really will fit in with this dinner. Stay tuned.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:24 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by mjm
As the theme is "Wines of Napa and Sonoma" the list of whites has a huge need for Chardonnay. Those who have not chosen yet should consider something in that category. Right now there are 8 reds (very big ones too) and 4 whites of which two are heavier than the other two. A little balance in that regard would be good.

Also as this is the season of Rosé in CA and with so many producers making stellar ones, it would be very representative of CA to have some Rosé.

The list is shaping up but the "Dry" descriptor still needs to be fixed as it does not describe what is in that section of the list. Maybe do like a typical list and use:

Main Heading--> White
Sub-headings: Dry, Off Dry etc.

Same for red.
Highly recommend anything from Artesa.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:30 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ldsant
Would have to be as a second bottle though as their wines are about half the cost of buy in for this event.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ldsant
OMG

Awesome winery

Awesome wines!!!

I can only wish to visit before Wine DO, but unfortunately that will not happen
Old May 16, 2014, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by DLroads
I am not sure I got the Taittinger bubbly classification right (paging tcook52)
Looks correct to me. ^
Old May 16, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
List updated (titles and subtitles, etc. will be updated in the future.). I use the classification of dry/off dry as recorded on CellarTracker. I will look into those definitions later.

For the whites, I actually did consider another bonus white wine, but we are at the moment 2 (if our second guest will clear I may add a Chardonnay that is waiting on my to-test list. But in general, my personal to-test list is growing.).

Gaucho, feel free to put four wines for the line. I doubt that anyone would leave a bottle full

Last edited by DLroads; May 16, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Old May 16, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I have a good idea of the 3 (three) wines I will bring..... but I don't want to fix them in stone just yet. What is the deadline to submit the "victims" to the organizing committee...????
Sooner rather than later. I realize that some folks will make their purchase when they arrive in New York. That's not a problem. I hope they will monitor the list (did I just say that) , and bring what we need to round out the evening.

Gaucho, to answer your question > June 1.

Please note: mjm has gifted me a bottle to be shared and enjoyed. It's the 2008 Failla Pinot Noir Occidental Ridge Sonoma Coast. DLRoads, please add to the list.

dh
Old May 17, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I hope they will monitor the list (did I just say that) , and bring what we need to round out the evening.
Monitoring is fine, as long as they don't accidentally tcook the wine by leaving it in the car after a June purchase.
Old May 20, 2014, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I can see we are low on whites especially chards. I live in NJ and am driving in so may also bring a bunch extra in the car...snug in a cooler.

2010 Freestone Chardonnay. Have both the regular one and the single vineyard. Will also bring in the bag the 2010 Dehlinger Unfiltered Chardonnay and the 2011 Winderlea Chardonnay.

Excited...June 15th begins a week of b day celebrations....As I turn a milestone.

Last edited by aacharya; May 29, 2014 at 8:09 am
Old May 21, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by aacharya
I can see we are low on whites especially chards. I live in NJ and am driving in so may also bring a bunch extra in the car..snug in a cooler.

2010 Freestone chardonnay. Have both the regular one and the single vineyard. Will also bring in the bag the 2010 del linger unfiltered chardonnay and the 2011 winder lea chardonnay.

Excited...June 15th begins a week of b day celebrations....As I turn a milestone.
updated. Please verify that I got them right. Just got a call that a delivery arrived. I checked it and decided that the '83 St. Francis Merlot looks just too good to pass, so it is added as well

Last edited by DLroads; May 21, 2014 at 7:09 pm Reason: Too much of a good thing, or grape expectations?
Old May 22, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat; UAL PP, Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Gold; Marriott Silver
Hi,

I'm making a last minute trip to NYC that weekend. Could you put me down on the waitlist +1, just in case something opens up.

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2014, 6:46 am

list updated . Thank you mjm ^
Old May 23, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by KOng

I'm making a last minute trip to NYC that weekend. Could you put me down on the waitlist +1, just in case something opens up.
Waitlisted. Maybe you'll get lucky.

mjm-san, the update is ^

dh
Old May 23, 2014, 11:16 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
It looks like I will also be making an unexpected trip to NYC that weekend, wondering if I can be added to the waitlist in case an opening comes along. Thanks!
Old May 23, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dhammer53

mjm-san, the update is ^
^ from here too. I fear mine will be the least of the bunch but it will be quite fun to compare the three Sonoma Coast Pinots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.