Oz Fest #10 – Perth Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest #10 – Perth Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:15 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Qantas has one way fares for $159 for SYD-PER and MEL-PER over this weekend at the moment.

Virgin are at $125.

Note that Qantas is full service.

Virgin are Buy on Board for meals, and Baggage will be extra (except for those with status). Coffee/Tea/Water is complimentary, as is beer and wine if you pick the right flights

Last edited by perthite; Jul 25, 2012 at 3:32 am
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:08 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
Qantas has one way fares for $159 for SYD-PER and MEL-PER over this weekend at the moment.

Virgin are at $125.

Note that Qantas is full service.

Virgin are Buy on Board for meals, and Baggage will be extra (except for those with status). Coffee/Tea/Water is complimentary, as is beer and wine if you pick the right flights
These are incredibly cheap prices^^. Not going to get any cheaper than this, I would say!! Makes me want to rethink my J award Syd-Mel-Per flights that I have already booked for ourselves
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:40 am

Programs: QFF
Beware current hotel prices are quite expensive due to ongoing high occupancy rates.

Welcome to the boomtown....
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:52 pm

Sounds really interesting. Please put Mrs. ac777 and me as Gold for the time being and I'll try and confirm it within the next few weeks. Will probably stay at the 4Pts as it seems quite new and I can use the points ( still)
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by ac777
Sounds really interesting. Please put Mrs. ac777 and me as Gold for the time being and I'll try and confirm it within the next few weeks. Will probably stay at the 4Pts as it seems quite new and I can use the points ( still)
It's new inasmuch as it is new to SPG. The hotel itself opened in 1995 (as The Orchard, then the Grand Chancellor, then the Citigate, and now the 4Pts)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:49 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
A pity that the impending Doubletree in KTA won't be finished in time for ozfest X, othewise we might have been able to do a FIFO visit to the property....or even some of us could have stayed there and flown in for the daily activities
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by QF WP
A pity that the impending Doubletree in KTA won't be finished in time for ozfest X, othewise we might have been able to do a FIFO visit to the property....or even some of us could have stayed there and flown in for the daily activities
...and you think Perth hotels are expensive
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
Having now managed to book a complicated award trip, you may now list me as Platinum.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Expedia is showing a very reasonable rate at the All Seasons Perth for under $100 USD. Just booked May 24-27 for $322.00 AI.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by BOB W
Expedia is showing a very reasonable rate at the All Seasons Perth for under $100 USD. Just booked May 24-27 for $322.00 AI.
Thanks for finding this rate Bob. I'm now holding a reservation. I'm still only Gold but a decent hotel rate certainly isn't hurting my chances of attending.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
Not a bad price for the property, although it is a bit out of town. Should include a continental breakfast.

Checked on Accor, and it is pricing at $90AUD pre-paid or $100AUD flexible.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Not a bad price for the property, although it is a bit out of town. Should include a continental breakfast.

Checked on Accor, and it is pricing at $90AUD pre-paid or $100AUD flexible.
Hopefully a few of us will be there and can taxi to meet the rest. Most places are ridiculously high for a place to study the inside of your eyeballs.

My rate does include a Continental breakfast, although other rates do not. Watch this close if it's important to you.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Add Mrs WF and I as attendees. At least for the moment I don't have to worry about hotel bookings OTOH if the flat gets sold I could afford a few hotel nights.

If there is interest in a pre- or post- event/tour into one of the more interesting wine areas (The Great Southern region - not the other one) I would be willing to co-ordinate. Skywest has multiple flights to Albany from Perth every day (beware they are not inexpensive) or it is about a four and a half hour drive. As well as grapes and the resulting products, there are a few olive groves, numerous sheep and cows as well as places of interesting geological importance. And Whale World is a museum based on the last operating whaling station in Australia.

And the hotels/motels are a whole lot less expensive than Perth.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:14 pm

Bit of an update on this.

Virgin will be including meals for BNE/MEL/SYD-PER flights for economy passengers from Sept. They will also match Qantas on the alcoholic beverages after midday.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:11 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
I shall be there. Flying back via Australia from a meeting in Orlando. Just have to book SYD-PER flights and hotel

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.