Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest #10 – Perth Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Ill buy you one back.

Thanks for the heads-up ... I have changed my 170K four night award bookingΉ to four separate flexible booking at varying rates (flexible). Thursday is still 50K points in lieu of $500+.
Glad I have been able to assist. I didn't realise my random search for rooms in Perth has helped so many people.

Originally Posted by kpc
This will save me >$300 so JohnK I owe you a beer or two. If I can find my "Member for a Stay card", I could save another $100 odd.
There is probably a solution here that can benefit both of us.

If I give you the Member for a stay card that serfty has offered to give me then you can save $100+ off your booking and you can reimburse me the ~$30 I was going to save and we both win.

And you can still buy me a beer or two.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:32 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Have my return flight sorted - a QF JASA that merely needs a date change. Looks like I'll come over on Wed, work Thu & Fri and return home on Sun...so colour me Plat and my return flight is QF594 Dep 4.45pm Sun 26/5. Will sort VA flight over to PER soonish.

Edit: Have booked Hilton on AAA rate for 4 nights ($223 pn). Twin room booked. Can add another guest if needed for weekend. Can also probably find some HPC Member for a Stay card(s) - will have a look and report back

Last edited by QF WP; Nov 6, 2012 at 4:55 am Reason: updated due to serfty
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QF WP
Platinum for me (as I'll link it to a business trip) and Gold for Mrs QF WP - she may not want to fly over by herself, unless she can link up with other FT'ers. I think this will be a weekend where the kids will definitely be at their grandparents.

Time to book a flexible room at the Hilton and watch for sales to reduce the price.
Have my return flight sorted - a QF JASA that merely needs a date change. Looks like I'll come over on Wed, work Thu & Fri and return home on Sun...so colour me Plat and my return flight is QF594 Dep 4.45pm Sun 26/5. Will sort VA flight over to PER soonish...
Double Platinum you are. Do we need a titanium level ?
Mrs QF WP is still listed as gold

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 6, 2012 at 1:19 am
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

Edit: Have booked Hilton on AAA rate for 4 nights ($223 pn before 20% HPC discount). Twin room booked. Can add another guest if needed for weekend. Can also probably find some HPC Member for a Stay card(s) - will have a look and report back
Be aware that in recent years booking under the AAA rate have not qualifed for a further Maq. premium Club 20% discount.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I should read this thread more often. Went in to book Friday night and it quoted me $500 for the night. Hahaha, that won't be happening
Old Nov 8, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
I should read this thread more often. Went in to book Friday night and it quoted me $500 for the night. Hahaha, that won't be happening
OnHotels.com has a Queen Hilton room for $211.78 on Friday night but it can be tricky to get that price as they want to sell the room for ~$450 if you are not careful.

Not sure how you would go with HHonors benefits or getting stay credit.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Well, I hope I won't be there (nothing sinister, just a RTW I hope to be taking at that time ), but just in case I made a Hilton booking on the 7th for AUD185 per night Fri-Sun inclusive (AAA rate) - bog standard room.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
54 Platinums showing ... looks like a big weekend.

Virgin has another one of those Amex deals where a couple would save $100 off Flexi fares, that we just used for our flights over.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:52 pm

Sorry guys, I'm back at the hyatt due to favorable corporate rates.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Sorry guys, I'm back at the hyatt due to favorable corporate rates.
We are also at the Hyatt.....rates not no great but we have stayed there before and liked it....
Old Nov 15, 2012, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dedehans
We are also at the Hyatt..
+1

Got to requal for Diamond. Hoping that Hyatt will do another 48 hour sale that covers the Perth property.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:57 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Trigger pulled on my flights BNE/PER:

Wed 22 May DJ958 BNE/SYD Dep 3.00pm Arr 4.35pm
Wed 22 May DJ565 SYD/PER Dep 5.30pm Arr 8.45pm

Flexi fare for $360 all in. Now to ring up and get the points upgrade to Business organised.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 2:13 am

Just swooped on a sale price Hilton room for Friday, while they're not $500 a night!
Saturday, hmmm....
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for the heads up - converted a $165 flexi "twin" booking to a $146 "AnyWeekend"er 'Queen' ($117 with Maq Premium).

I'm sure you're happier:
Originally Posted by perthite
Still have a flexi "twin" at $235 for the Saturday night.

I cancelled a 50K HH award for Thursday night replacing it with a 25K PC award at the nearby Holiday Inn (don't get into town 'til nearly 9pm Thursday).

Last edited by serfty; Nov 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by serfty
Thanks for the heads up - converted a $165 flexi "twin" booking to a $146 "AnyWeekend"er 'Queen' ($117 with Maq Premium).

I'm sure you're happier:
I am. I've been watching prices like a hawk since missing out on the last round. Mostly been up around 500, but had a dip down to $440 a week ago.

Good chance I'll move hotel for Saturday, but we'll see....

May take a soujorn to Margaret River after ozFest....

(Although less happy now seeing a $118 room pop up on the Friday......)

Last edited by perthite; Nov 23, 2012 at 5:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.