Search

Chicago Seminars Oct 12-14, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I'd better play catch up on my flight.

I can tell you that it will be 5:00 in seat 2E on my way to ORD

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
So I arrive tomorrow at 3:30, where am I going to meet people to drink?

It's gotta be 5:00 somewhere.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:24 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MidTierStatus
I am at the Sheraton Suites Elk Grove in case anyone needs a ride.
post #390 could use a lift@:-)

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone staying at the Sheraton Elk Grove...shoot me an email, perhaps we can ride together to/from the hotel Friday (not sure if there is a free shuttle within a mile or two like other hotels).
see post #462 as I can't give you a ride this year
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Information on Transportation to the Holiday Inn Elk Grove

Hi. This is FYI for those coming to the Holiday Inn Elk Grove on the hotel shuttle from OHare.
Follow the red signs/logo for bus shuttle transportation center. You will need to go down one floor walk on moving walkway and watch for red sign on left. You take the elevator then up one floor and go to door 3 hotel shuttles. Just look for the Holiday Inn Elk Grove shuttle--there were two there when we arrived.

Cheers Mary Anne
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
My morning flights from SNA had only one seat to sell so I thought my chances of standy were slim. Also, I was so exhausted from lack of sleep so I decided to take my originally scheduled flight @6PM from SNA getting in close to midnight. It takes me alot longer than average to pack since I have alot of medical supplies to pack, etc.

Also, I am doing a o/w from local HLE to SNA (for $8 more than shuttle, less than cab--$41ai) and I told them to give me a car they wanted to get rid of. SNA is only 20 miles so if they gave me a very large SUV, the gas won't be a burden. (even @$4.69/gal). Due to the crummy weather last night, I got a Chrysler 200 convertible and the weather is too bad. (I like the car as a rental! ). It will be 70 degrees and partly cloudy so I will drive a few hours with the top down on the "coast" highway (PCH) down to Orange County & SNA is a short distance away when I want to head there.

I am looking forward to going to the conference & I'll see ya tomorrow.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA ExP
I just bought 100 items at Sears.com for $2500 as a fresh example for tomorrow. Just a heads-up that my talk will focus on buying and selling to earn tons of points.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by HansGolden
I just bought 100 items at Sears.com for $2500 as a fresh example for tomorrow. Just a heads-up that my talk will focus on buying and selling to earn tons of points.
I am looking forward to meeting you and hear your presentation.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
I can't wait!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone staying at the Sheraton Elk Grove...shoot me an email, perhaps we can ride together to/from the hotel Friday (not sure if there is a free shuttle within a mile or two like other hotels).
I just PM'ed you. Let me know if you still need a ride.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:11 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just PM'ed you. Let me know if you still need a ride.
warning !!! He's a great guy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Looking forward to the conference tomorrow and Sunday. Nice to have gogo as I am on the SNA-ORD flight. Had a nice drive along the calif coast and will arrive a little before midnite.

Hope everyone is having a nice time!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by mrpickles
I am looking forward to meeting you and hear your presentation.
I can't wait!
Thanks, guys!

For everyone, I know my talk is listed as beginner, but it (and Greg/Frequent Miler's talk as well) will both be quite advanced. I'm doing my best to try to explain my terms in the talk so a newbie won't be lost, but just be prepared to take furious notes because newbies might have to do some Googling later.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
just be prepared to take furious notes because newbies might have to do some Googling later.
heh! i kinda laughed out loud at the above comment. the furious note taking is a given at these meetings. sounds like an interesting session. i am really looking forward to it. ^
Old Oct 12, 2012, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Skye
heh! i kinda laughed out loud at the above comment. the furious note taking is a given at these meetings.
Hey, I'm a ORD DO newbie myself, so please bear with me.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 5:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Great start to the seminar event last night! Heard the speakers were good. I was too busy selling raffle tickets to know . Look forward to a busy, chock-filled day of learning about miles & points - and selling more raffle tickets

A reminder - we take cash & credit cards. Credit cards were very popular last night - can't imagine why

I will have multiple volunteers helping me, some of whom are arriving today. The volunteers will accept cash only. I will accept credit cards and cash, as I've got the square iphone. I will do credit cards until 5:30pm, and Howie will have the square unit tonight to sell raffle tickets.

We will sell raffle tickets tomorrow until 9:45am, when we do the charity raffle!

We have a LOT of prizes, as people are donating items on-site as well.

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Credit cards were very popular last night - can't imagine why
And you wonder how you convinced me to spend $50 on raffle tickets? I need to get that spend up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.