Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I am torn about the European leg...take LH direct or get the extra segment through ZRH or VIE....Hmmm.....
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm probably going to book LH over the pond, although like Pat I've done LH C a lot. I'd be interested in LX or OS but not if I'm the only one on the plane & there isn't going to be tommy doing the woo-hoo dance in the lounge before take-off for those flights, which leave earlier than LH.
There will be activities in the JFK lounges all afternoon, I don't think anyone will be thirsty/bored.

Woo-hoo dance will commence right after lunch/first glass of Champers and last throughout the day
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tommy777
There will be activities in the JFK lounges all afternoon, I don't think anyone will be thirsty/bored.
I am coming up on the USAir Shuttle to LGA which I can change.

What is the earliest time that LH will let you check your luggage for the 10:45pm flight?

Define - all afternoon - after 12:00pm or after 4pm?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:53 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cova

What is the earliest time that LH will let you check your luggage for the 10:45pm flight?

TBD, but I assume we will start at 1PM. We will make sure everyone can check in as early as they want
Old Jun 9, 2010, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by tommy777

Woo-hoo dance will commence right after lunch/first glass of Champers and last throughout the day
Tres cool! Right now the flight I'm looking at gets me into LGA around noon'ish & I'd have to make my way over to JFK, which wouldn't take too long unless I get sidetracked to Brooklyn by you-know-who, but still would end up there pretty early compared to flight time. Now if UA RCC in ORD would start serving champers early, I could start the trip off right!

Aka, I'm looking at early flight in case I did OS or LX, but unless there are lots others on those I'll deal w/ LH405 even though it's not a 380

Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
I arrive LGA on US 1182 @ 16:23.
If anyone else arrives LGA around that time, would you like to share a cab?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by USirritated
My guess is that w/in a week or two of flying, you'll get more answers to that question than sev months out. Same even for me.

Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:57 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
November 1
We meet at JFK airport for a snack and drinks to board LH 405 (dep 22.45) to fly to FRA
[or for those who want to try LX: we board LX 15 (dep. 20.55) to fly to ZRH and then LX 1072 to FRA]
[or for those who want to try OS: we board OS 88 (dep. 18.55) to fly to VIE and then LH 1235 to FRA]
Can I verify that we are flying LX 15 JFK-ZRH now scheduled for 22:00 as the Swiss option. The original post apparently contains an incorrect departure.
Originally Posted by www.swiss.com
November 1, 2010
LX 15 22:00 JFK - 10:55 +1 ZRH
LX 1072 12:30 ZRH - 13:30 FRA
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by USirritated
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My guess is that w/in a week or two of flying, you'll get more answers to that question than sev months out. Same even for me.

Cheers.
Yes, I would think you're correct.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by cova

The JFK LH counter opens at 12noon
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Really looking to go but in the case I'm unable to make it and I've put down the $100 non-refundable, is it possible to make arrangements with another FT who didn't sign up in time (presuming there is a sell out situation) so that it can be transferred?
Well, usually a non refundable booking fee is a non-refundable booking fee. You will be able to change names on the registration until the charter ticketing begins. Once the group ticket and charter ticket is issued, you can't swap names, only apply for a refund. The group ticket is refundable against a cancellation fee. The charter ticket can used as credit for a new booking minus the 100$ non-refundable component.

Originally Posted by Pat+
Folks, any comments on the following?
CO: FRA-IAH: 1346$++ in Business (Z) (this request was placed in conjunction with the OS fare, so you may have to take OS J out, CO Z inbound)
Basically, is it possible fo fly LX JFK/FRA and CO FRA/IAH? If there's no clear answer at this time, is there any risk in requesting this routing on the form?

(No offense to OS, but the LX seats C are better )

As a side note, am I the only one considering this option?
Please feel free to request a LX outbound and CO inbound or any other combination. Once the results are in we will try to accommodate everyone.

Just allow me another comment in general:
Please don't focus soo much on the scheduled fares and hotel rates. The primary focus of this event is on the charter, not how you get to the event or where you stay. Feel free to book alternatives, stay at whatever hotel you like, just make sure you plan correctly in order to be at the events on time. Needless to say if you stay at the event hotels and are booked on the suggested flights you will not miss any of the action nor be left behind if there is a delay.

Last year we needed to get the bulk of the participants across the pond to the event in Europe and LH helped us. During a recession with bad load factors they were very generous and we are thankful for that. It seems a significant part of the people on the group fare 'enhanced' their experience on the way back using upgrade instruments, most famously one such occurrence was reported in the CN article. This year a lot more eyes are on the event and the economy is back, so the fares are not as attractive as they were last year.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:32 am

Some of us last year shared a hotel room. If we are specifying that we want to stay at one of the SPG hotels within the SMD2 official program but we want to share (or will be seeking to look for a share), do we have to say anything different on the sign-up form?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Yes, we will have the option to indicate if you want to share hotel rooms or be seated beside a particular participant, assuming the other participant agrees
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Feel free to book alternatives, stay at whatever hotel you like, just make sure you plan correctly in order to be at the events on time.
That is the reason we need to know the location of the events and the location of the charter departure at IAH (gate or hanger) - so one can "plan correctly" if alternative hotel is booked.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Like last year we still don't know the exact timing and logistics of what the airlines plan to plan for us, so it very difficult to tell you today to be at x at y am.

Just received the confirmation for the Seattle Westin and will edit the updated master post at the to of the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.