Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fsfguy
+1

Hoping to get that email invoice!
There's still hope. Only 30 out of the 44 invoices have been paid and tomorrow we will erase all invoices and clear the standby list

So if you've received the invoice, make sure you pay today.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As mentioned before, I have the SEA Westin booked for Fri/Sat night at the SMD2 rate. Due to my primary program having a hotel not far from the Westin & at a rate not to be believed (thanks to the FTer for giving me the heads up on LNF & EEO combo), I won't be staying at the Westin. I know some people posted they were having problems getting the Westin at SMD2 prices. Presuming the Westin will let me make the transfer, PM me if you want the reservation. Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by fsfguy
+1

Hoping to get that email invoice!
I may resort to begging if necessary. Desperately need those EQMs and the extra space will keep me and the person who otherwise has to squeeze in next to me much happier...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
As mentioned before, I have the SEA Westin booked for Fri/Sat night at the SMD2 rate. Due to my primary program having a hotel not far from the Westin & at a rate not to be believed (thanks to the FTer for giving me the heads up on LNF & EEO combo), I won't be staying at the Westin. I know some people posted they were having problems getting the Westin at SMD2 prices. Presuming the Westin will let me make the transfer, PM me if you want the reservation. Otherwise I'll just cancel it.

Cheers.
Rooms are transferable.

I also have a room that a member won't use so please send an email to [email protected] if you need a room at the Westin for 146+
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
There's still hope. Only 30 out of the 44 invoices have been paid and tomorrow we will erase all invoices and clear the standby list

Or don't pay and let the standbys have em!

So how long did the list get?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by paranoiatx
yea I was wondering too b/c I didn't see the email til 1.5 hrs after it arrived in my Inbox. Responded immediately, but no invoice. I know I'm at least #45 I suppose.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess

So is the total available number of 'Tommy class' seats -- currently 34 (28+6 added)?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:45 pm

We will arrange lounge access for everyone.
Great!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by sbm12
There will be plenty of booze on board as well as I understand it. I wouldn't worry too much on that front.
But will there be a corkscrew on board??? (Sorry -- couldn't resist. I hope this post doesn't get me booted out of F; do not pass Tommy Class; do not collect $200.)
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Or don't pay and let the standbys have em!

Originally Posted by xenonym
yea I was wondering too b/c I didn't see the email til 1.5 hrs after it arrived in my Inbox. Responded immediately, but no invoice. I know I'm at least #45 I suppose.
Tommy posted it last night (12:26am ET). I only saw it when I took t look at the thread after 6am ET this morning. (I then suggested to Oliver that he might want to send an e-mail blast to folks -- as I know that there are many who don't look at this thread or FT - regularly!)

So, the e-mails went out this morning, but the info. had been posted for several hours -- by that time! However, as much as there were many who responded, via e-mail, to this offer -- not everyone who received invoices chose to make their payment immediately. So, essentially, it's 'first-come, first-served' in regards to this offer, -- as the payment for the charter (ie. CO) was due a while ago, and there's already a 'history' here of folks expressing interest in the beginning, but not following through in a prompt manner, -- hence the angst for the organizers! I am pleased that Tommy was able to put together such a compelling offer to eliminate the deficit!^
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
Tommy posted it last night (12:26am ET). I only saw it when I took t look at the thread after 6am ET this morning. (I then suggested to Oliver that he might want to send an e-mail blast to folks -- as I know that there are many who don't look at this thread or FT - regularly!)

So, the e-mails went out this morning, but the info. had been posted for several hours -- by that time! However, as much as there were many who responded, via e-mail, to this offer -- not everyone who received invoices chose to make their payment immediately. So, essentially, it's 'first-come, first-served' in regards to this offer, -- as the payment for the charter (ie. CO) was due a while ago, and there's already a 'history' here of folks expressing interest in the beginning, but not following through in a prompt manner, -- hence the angst for the organizers! I am pleased that Tommy was able to put together such a compelling offer to eliminate the deficit!^
Serves me right to put work over FT and not keep checking FT.

Well the good thing (for Tommy) is that these are all people who have paid up for the charter and not bailed, so they're more likely to follow through on prompt payment. I still have my fingers crossed that I'm far enough up on the "standby" list, but based on my email time and the timestamps of the posts talking about counts, I would say my chances are slim.

In either case, it seems money will no longer be a concern, leaving us all to just count the days until the craziness begins...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA1K,HH Silver
Just to clarify UA miles

To clarify the CO and US miles.

If you have the basic level at CO and US you will receive:

Double miles for the actual miles flown (you don't have to take the retur to IAH on Saturday), so 4200 miles x 2, 8400 RDMs and EQMs (I'm rounding it up to 4200)

Elite bonus comes on top of that, so if you for example have Gold status with CO, you will get 100% bonus on the RDMs (not EQM) That equals to 8400 X2 = 16.800

Better?
So if you have UA how does it work for EQMS and RDM
Old Oct 19, 2010, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Luvtworce
I believe this is what we know for UA so far ...

100% miles in both directions EQM/RDM plus class of service EQM bonuses for F pax only (not Tommy Class pax on UA) and status RDM bonuses. You get credit for both directions even if you aren't returning to IAH.

So that is approximately 4031 BIS miles total. Add COS and Status bonuses if appropriate.

UA hasn't responded about a bonus for Tommy Class yet. Message was don't count on it for UA according to Tommy earlier in this thread. If it happens, that will be a nice addition. If not, we should be ok with it if you signed up/paid for Tommy Class and are crediting the charter flight to UA.

So here's an example for me. I am 1k in Y on the charter*, so I will expect to get:

- ~4031 EQM Base
- ~4031 RDM Base + ~4031 RDM 1K Status bonus.

I hope I got that right

I think most UA 1Ks probably only care about the EQMs if they care about anything. But maybe that's just me.

* I'm actually in Tommy Class, but for now that's the same as being in Y for UA EQM/RDM.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Oct 20, 2010 at 5:13 am Reason: Correct actual miles to Oliver's figure of 4031.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
UA vs US?

So, am I reading something wrong, or would I, as a basic, non-status member get 4200 miles if I choose to have them credited to UA, and 8400 if I choose US?
Originally Posted by Luvtworce
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by slocouple
So, am I reading something wrong, or would I, as a basic, non-status member get 4200 miles if I choose to have them credited to UA, and 8400 if I choose US?
I believe that's correct, according to what Tommy posted recently.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.