Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I started a 'roll call' in the current FT Awards thread so if you're attending them please post there.

Also started a similar roll call in the Marriott forum (my main hotel chain, for example) to see if other FTers who might not be doing SMD2 will be attending FT Awards. Figure it gives a bit more visibility to the FT Awards, lets us look out for other FTers who are part of our chains & who post to look for each other, & lets industry execs (if by chance they're reading their forums) know who to look forward to meeting (or who to avoid ).

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA,SQ no status on any
The 16,400 are RDMs or EQMs? I'm assuming 8200EQMs plus 16,400RDMs for a CO Plat?
So now I am confused. How much EQM and RDM is it for a measely CO silver status? I thought it was only 4031Miles EQM and 4031 RDM (not even 125%)
Did I miss a post?

Thanks
NJviking
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:21 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
I am in and paid in Tommy Class!! Wow Tommy you are in a class of your own!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by NJviking
So now I am confused. How much EQM and RDM is it for a measely CO silver status? I thought it was only 4031Miles EQM and 4031 RDM (not even 125%)
Did I miss a post?

Thanks
NJviking
Here's the original CO mileage crediting that sbm12 posted!

ETA: Maybe Tommy can update the EQM/RDM earnings for all levels, for clarification!

Last edited by mnmag; Oct 19, 2010 at 10:50 am Reason: add
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA,SQ no status on any
Originally Posted by mnmag
Here's the original CO mileage crediting that sbm12 posted!

ETA: Maybe Tommy can update the EQM/RDM earnings for all levels, for clarification!
Thanks mnmag (good seeing you in Chicago!)
So that clarifies the miles for non-Tommy class
But I am still confused on TommyClass

NJviking
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by NJviking
Thanks mnmag (good seeing you in Chicago!)
So that clarifies the miles for non-Tommy class
But I am still confused on TommyClass

NJviking
'Tommy Class' is now the same as the 'enhanced' F:
8400 EQMs;
8400 RDMs (+class of service bonus)

so, I would interpret that to mean a 'cos' bonus for CO Silver = 2100 miles, for a total of 10500 RDMs.

ETA: updated #s!

Last edited by mnmag; Oct 19, 2010 at 4:21 pm Reason: corrected figures to reflect Tommy's update!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

To clarify the CO and US miles.

If you have the basic level at CO and US you will receive:

Double miles for the actual miles flown (you don't have to take the retur to IAH on Saturday), so 4200 miles x 2, 8400 RDMs and EQMs (I'm rounding it up to 4200)

Elite bonus comes on top of that, so if you for example have Gold status with CO, you will get 100% bonus on the RDMs (not EQM) That equals to 8400 X2 = 16.800

Better?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
The one morning you leave home early, can't get out of the street (monster truck blocking the one-way where I live) and I miss out on a great opportunity... Ah well, I'm on the reserve list I guess...
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Well, I am not Tommy Class, etc., and am willing to be the first shuttle, etc, but I'm wondering if the normal folks like me will get any champagne, and/or have time to stop in the CO lounge, etc....? I mean it like this: should I bring my flask, or will I generally be taken care of??
Old Oct 19, 2010, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Powers106
Well, I am not Tommy Class, etc., and am willing to be the first shuttle, etc, but I'm wondering if the normal folks like me will get any champagne, and/or have time to stop in the CO lounge, etc....? I mean it like this: should I bring my flask, or will I generally be taken care of??
I can guest you in to CO lounge if we will have time.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Powers106
There will be plenty of booze on board as well as I understand it. I wouldn't worry too much on that front.

You will need to clear TSA security in IAH and you will clear again in PHX. For that reason, should you decide to bring a flask I strongly recommend that it be either smaller than 3oz, stocked from a quart-sized bag collection of minis along the way or that it remain empty throughout the day on Friday.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by sbm12
There will be plenty of booze on board as well as I understand it. I wouldn't worry too much on that front.

You will need to clear TSA security in IAH and you will clear again in PHX. For that reason, should you decide to bring a flask I strongly recommend that it be either smaller than 3oz, stocked from a quart-sized bag collection of minis along the way or that it remain empty throughout the day on Friday.
Yes, good idea. It wouldn't make it through the TSA, lol, unlike the recent argument I had about how cheese was not a liquid, even if the scanner does make it look like a juice box. LOL, one of my arguments was "there isn't even a straw..."
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:41 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I can guest you in to CO lounge if we will have time.
We will arrange lounge access for everyone.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Dammit. The one evening I don't check FT obsessively I miss a post like this.

Email request sent...hope I can still get the upgrade...
+1

Hoping to get that email invoice!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SS255
And THIS, folks, should be proof positive to CO that some people WILL pay for E+!!!! (Or at least "Tommy Class.") Maybe the New United should just re-brand their E+ as "Tommy Class."

Hey......do those of us who ponied up for F at the get-go get suites, too?
I was wondering the same thing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.