Reload this Page >

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

StarmegaDO 2010 (SMD2) Nov 1-6, 2010 Masterthread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by dre_techie
Since the last two pages appear to be about hotel cocktails, other hotels people know in these cities and vodka, can we have an update on flights ex-Europe, please?

I prefer not to bug people, but I can't be glued to this thread.

1. Are you going to be posting the fares ex-Europe in the next couple of days? Including whether we can add a feeder flight. Or at least let us know when LH said they will get back to you, please.

2. Are you going to change the date when the booking process opens?

Thanks.
Watch the first few posts and you should be okay as they will be updated as events warrant.

Last edited by theblakefish; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:45 am
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:23 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by sbm12
When we are in a position to confirm the announcement will be made. Asking repeatedly will not speed up that process in any way.
While the mod was talking about here hotels, I think that one can assume that this statement is valid for all of the arrangements. :-: The organizers have said time and time again here - as well as via the email list - that booking will open on 6/11 at 1200 EDT.

Last edited by theblakefish; Jun 8, 2010 at 10:45 am
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:33 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Still no answer whether LH will let me book a one-way FRA-IAH (in C) as part of the DO?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Yes you will be able to book OWs. Pricing will be confirmed today. Didn't find time to call my contact last night.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Although I have no doubt the first few posts will give all the updated information and that we will receive email when updates are posted, those of us starting in Europe would like more than a day or two to explore options before booking opens.

Some of us suspect (incorrectly I hope) that First Class seats on the charter may be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, hence the rush to book as early as possible.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:51 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
...those of us starting in Europe would like more than a day or two to explore options before booking opens.
^^
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Just received clearance from Paypal, so the cash can flow without any fraud blocks ^
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

We are in the final stages of getting everything together now.

Hotels

Sheraton Frankfurt is confirmed at 99 Euros, Sheraton IAH is confirmed at 99USD. In Seattle, we are still awaiting confirmation. We will also offer an option for Sunday night in NYC as well which will be presented later this week.

Miles

We are having a big planning meeting with the Star partners on June 18th and will shortly after present the earning options for the charter. All scheduled flights will of course earn miles, we are working on something special for the charter.

Ticket prices Ex Europe

We have them and Oliver will post them as soon as he gets up. They are exactly the same as the people starting travel from the US.

Catering

First Class will see a huge improvement from last years business. Economy will be about the same as last year

The Program

Yes, we will be able to top the event last year, I guarantee it. There will be many many surprises along the way (also in Europe), but I'm not willing to give away all the fun details, but it includes celebrities, executives, very exclusive events and lots of alcohol. Hope that's good enough. .
Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
tommy, thanks for the update! Know it will be totally FAB.

Do you have any info on when everything needs to be paid? For those looking at TATL+Charter in C, it's close to $5K commitment (or $3K for the E folk), so good to know if need to have it as of this Friday along w/ the non-refundable deposit or later, & when the later is.

BTW - I don't envy you guys on sorting out the F thing (and hope reb's server can handle the traffic at noon on Friday!!!). Glad there's more in terms of catering (last year was great), but given last year was 72 seats & this year is only 24, think there's going to be some disappointment amongst the FTers who don't make F.

No way to do the middle blocking thing for F beyond the 24 true F, given that E is just going to be eh, E???
Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 8, 2010 at 7:56 pm
Old Jun 8, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tommy777
We will also offer an option for Sunday night in NYC as well which will be presented later this week.
Anything planned in NYC on Sunday night - or just a hotel option?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
this year is only 24,
Says who?

That's where we're starting but there is always a chance we'll grow.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sbm12
Says who?

That's where we're starting but there is always a chance we'll grow.
Says you guys!! Do you really want to make me search though every single post & pull it up?

Bascially tommy said CO F on the charter is 24 seats, oliver said you all won't do the extra middle blocking (due to hassle of admin) negating a quasi-F, which basically means 24 seats, or did we all miss something?

Why else, in addition to the Yanks, do you think the Europeans are hyper about this?

Believe me, if we thought F was 72, you wouldn't hear any worries. But since 24 has been said more than once...

I'm just saying

Ok, I sucked it up & I quote:

"The price in F is 350 dollars more just because we have only 24 premium seats to sell compared to last year where 72 business seats were sold to help us lower the cost in Y." Post # 133.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 8, 2010 at 7:54 pm
Old Jun 9, 2010, 1:13 am
Original Poster

We have option of chartering multiple aircraft, so we definitely will have more than 24 F seats. It will all depend on the response we get after 1-2 weeks of bookings.

We aim to ticket the scheduled flights and collect the charter fare by end of July.

I will now update the master posts in this thread with the group fares and send out a mail to the list.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:41 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oliver2002
For those starting in Europe:

LH FRA-IAH (1374$++) // SEA-FRA (1544$++) = 2918$ plus YQ plus taxes in Business (Z)

Feeders will be available (CO/UA in domestic USA, LH in Europe), however they will be 150$++ for CO/UA and 120€++ for LH, so you may be better off making your arrangements. There will be the facility to request a feeder in the booking form. If we have more than 10 (from OSL-FRA for example) we can apply for a group fare which will be about 10% lower than the W fares.
The feeders for LH are in Y? I'm asking since I see the reference to W fares.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 2:55 am

Thank you oliver2002,

will there also be a Y fare from Europe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.