Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 8:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by GrizShel
If you want to suggest your preference for the Smithsonian Museum to set a private group tour up at on Saturday, please go ahead.

Go here for more info:
http://www.si.edu/Museums/

The time slot for this has also not yet been determined.
I'd like to see the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
private group tour Saturday, preferences:
1. Smithsonian American History Museum
2. Smithsonian Natural History Museum

But, having said that, any of the museums would be wonderful to tour with a private guide.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by SeeYa
private group tour Saturday, preferences:
1. Smithsonian American History Museum
2. Smithsonian Natural History Museum

But, having said that, any of the museums would be wonderful to tour with a private guide.
Another museum where you'll plan to meet for lunch and not show up?

My favorite museum in D.C. has always been the National Portrait Gallery, but would enjoy a private tour for sure.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Looks like grizshel is going to have his hands full ... anyone else want to put their ideas in to help break this across the board tie?

Thanks again to grizshel for setting up the private tour(s) .... the DC folks will be getting together after the holidays to try out some of the venues we're considering. As soon as we finalize our picks, we'll let you know. At this point, we are leaning towards the two-venue approach for Saturday night dinner.

If you have a few moments and would like to share your dining preference (regular or high cost), please send an email to flyertalkdcdo @ gmail.com ... and email address set up for this event. We'll be checking that email account regularly (esp once I share the password with my co-planners)
Old Dec 23, 2009, 5:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Looks like grizshel is going to have his hands full ... anyone else want to put their ideas in to help break this across the board tie?

Thanks again to grizshel for setting up the private tour(s) .... the DC folks will be getting together after the holidays to try out some of the venues we're considering. As soon as we finalize our picks, we'll let you know. At this point, we are leaning towards the two-venue approach for Saturday night dinner.

If you have a few moments and would like to share your dining preference (regular or high cost), please send an email to flyertalkdcdo @ gmail.com ... and email address set up for this event. We'll be checking that email account regularly (esp once I share the password with my co-planners)
I'll change my museum vote to the Natural History, which was almost my first choice anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Flights now booked...

Inbound arrives IAD, Thu 06 May at 13:40 (BA0217)
Outbound departs IAD, Sun 09 May at 18:40 (BA0216)
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Flights now booked...

Inbound arrives IAD, Thu 06 May at 13:40 (BA0217)
Outbound departs IAD, Sun 09 May at 18:40 (BA0216)
Excellent!!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
sorry - i have to cancel ... just figured out that this weekend is mother's day. i have messed up with this important date for my mother already last year and promised never to do that again ...
Old Dec 29, 2009, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
sorry - i have to cancel ... just figured out that this weekend is mother's day. i have messed up with this important date for my mother already last year and promised never to do that again ...
Sorry to hear you'll miss out.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:40 am
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
Please add me to the 'interested' list for this DO - I'm based in DC most of the year and I'll be here that weekend
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stellertony
Please add me to the 'interested' list for this DO - I'm based in DC most of the year and I'll be here that weekend
Great to have you ... if you're local (on occasion), there are also monthly or so meetings that can be found on the 2010 DC Happy Hour Thread in Community
Old Jan 3, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
As planning for this event continues, we (okay GoingAway) created a group page for this Do on Facebook. Although it's currently light on content, we expect to use the page to coordinate planning for the Do, share info on possible events and dining venues, provide updates, and more.

If you'd like to have access to the page, please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll be happy to send you an invitation.

Last edited by gvdIAD; Jan 4, 2010 at 4:56 am
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Count me in! I'm local (arlington, va) and would love to go to the Hillwood. Glad I found this!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
For those who plan to attend Hillwood on Saturday, May 8, lunch at the Hillwood Cafe will be from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm. I expect to be able to provide information on meal options, which will need to be preordered, shortly.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just saw this on FT, and will be in DCA overnight the first night for about 12 hrs...

Originally Posted by Cholula
We did the same thing. We have reserved tickets for the 2:30 PM entrance on 5/7/10.

Plus we just booked two First Class thrones on the 5/6/10 Alaska Airlines LAX/DCA flight so we're definites when it comes time to commit.
Warmin' the seats up for me eh (I arrive on the 7th)

An FT'er and I split a companion cert for a mini MR... fly in on AS6 the 7th, leave on AS5 the 8th...

So willing to join up for some late night events

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.