Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by monitor
I don't know if we missed something but we were able to buy tickets to the Permanent Exhibition - The Holocaust for Friday afternoon at 230 for $1 per person.

Is there something else that we were supposed to do or some other tickets to buy that we would need in order to see the whole thing?
Told you it was awhile since I've visited .... looks like they ditched TicketMaster - Yay!! - and found someone who was more reasonably priced. You're good to go.
Originally Posted by http://www.ushmm.org/visit/
Please note that advance pass reservation service is provided by Extremetix, Inc.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by monitor
I don't know if we missed something but we were able to buy tickets to the Permanent Exhibition - The Holocaust for Friday afternoon at 230 for $1 per person.
We did the same thing. We have reserved tickets for the 2:30 PM entrance on 5/7/10.

Plus we just booked two First Class thrones on the 5/6/10 Alaska Airlines LAX/DCA flight so we're definites when it comes time to commit.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Put me in as a yes since I live here.

This also gives me an excuse to take a mattress run!!!!
Remember to add me as a yes. I can assist in any planning if needed.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Benny8444
Remember to add me as a yes. I can assist in any planning if needed.
Thanks for catching that
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Oh wow! Please add me as a most likely maybe! Any excuse to get back over to DC!

I will be a Yes/No/Maybe.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Aerotec
Oh wow! Please add me as a most likely maybe! Any excuse to get back over to DC!

I will be a Yes/No/Maybe.
I am very interested too. I have a 241 but the old mileage bank is low at the mo - well not quite high enough to meet your usual standard of travel
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Please count me in. If I stay with a friend in metro-deficient Reston I will either rent a car or bring her (and her car) along as a plus one.

Yes/No/Not sure

Last edited by lili; Nov 17, 2009 at 6:32 pm
Old Nov 17, 2009, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
possible

no/yes/yes
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
I am very interested too. I have a 241 but the old mileage bank is low at the mo - well not quite high enough to meet your usual standard of travel
You can survive at a lower standard for this one trip ... it's so short and it'd be great to see you again.

Originally Posted by lili
Please count me in. If I stay with a friend in metro-deficient Reston I will either rent a car or bring her (and her car) along as a plus one.
You don't want to stay out there, it's too far. There really are deals if you look around, try PL and look in VA not just DC.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:08 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by GoingAway
You don't want to stay out there, (Reston) it's too far. There really are deals if you look around, try PL and look in VA not just DC.
But my friend has such a great condo and an excellent wine merchant.
Okay, I'll fly into DCA and stay nearby on a metro line. Will be much better.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lili
But my friend has such a great condo and an excellent wine merchant.
Okay, I'll fly into DCA and stay nearby on a metro line. Will be much better.
I didn't say don't visit with her, just don't stay out there over the weekend
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
And you don't even need PL to get a good rate while picking out exactly the location that you want. In my experience, weekend hotel rates are usually very low in VA, especially if you don't mind riding a few extra stops on the Orange Line.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I don't know why I've missed this thead until now, but even more sorry that I'm unlikely to be able to attend what sounds like a very fun weekend due to a work event.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:12 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I don't know why I've missed this thead until now, but even more sorry that I'm unlikely to be able to attend what sounds like a very fun weekend due to a work event.
The verb "to reschedule" was invented for you! I reschedule, you reschedule, he, she, it reschedules; we reschedule, they reschedule. To say nothing of the past, or those pesky perfect tenses. Just do it!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by GoingAway
SPECIAL SATURDAY EVENT - LIMITED SIZE
For the lucky few who get their requests (and money, when it's time for that) in early, we will have a trip up to Hillwood Museum. There a limited number of tickets available, and those attending will head over to the Hillwood Museum in NW DC around 11 am for a tour. This is the estate of Marjorie Merriwether Post and includes lots of fascinating things including a number of Faberge eggs and Russian art. This visit will be a bit more special given gvdIADs patron status with Hillwood which gets us a private tour and perhaps other access. The number of participants is limited however, and will require advance payment. Expect about $45 for tour ticket plus lunch
I'd certainly be interested in participating in this and other events. I'd also be happy to organize a Private group tour of one of the Smithsonian museums (I'm at least a mid-level Contributing Member and set this up at the Air and Space Museum for a previous Do, and we had great fun and our guide was great). This could be either later on Saturday or on Sunday, depending on what works best for the most people.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.