Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:25 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
please add me to the interested list. i have never been to DC and this would be the perfect opportunity to join.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by mhnadel
By the way, that weekend is likely when one of the embassy open house events would be (based on what they've done the past two years). There's usually one for the EU embassies and one for other embassies a week or two later.
it's also Mother's Day for those who celebrate greeting card holidays (^_^).

Lmk if I can help w/logistics--I'll be @Belga Cafe so we can discuss then.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: Free Agent
Put me down for Friday night and all the events on Saturday. PM me if you need help with anything.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
The embassy tours will be a great day activity for participants if it does fall on this weekend - although the crowds are just crazy from what I saw last year.

Thanks to the locals for your offers of help - you should know me enough by now that I'll probably be taking you up on it
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by GoingAway
@tazi - you are expected to attend and know well in advance to manage work schedules, if applicable
Let's hope I have a work schedule to manage by then!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: * A
Please put me down as interested as well
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Please put me down as a possible attendee. It's been years since I was in D.C. (aside from changing planes at IAD).
Old Nov 6, 2009, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We would like to be marked down for the Hillwood Museum if there is room.

Also, we will probably stay at a Metro friendly hotel at Ballston and will be able to drive some of the crowd around.

Udvar-Hazy is also in our plans this time and we will also be able to supply some transportation for a trip out there.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:29 pm

Color me interested, Hillwood if possible
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:31 am

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Please put me down as tentative. It's a bit early for me to plan for May since I am not sure yet about December but now living in the NYC area, it isn't difficult to get down to DC if I'm around that weekend.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
Hillwood House has been on my bucket list for a long time. Please put me down, with + 3, as planning to do this. I also would like to visit the Holocaust Museum. Washington D.C. is one of my favorite cities.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:22 am

Just to confirm that the EU embassies' open house is indeed scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 8, 2010. More info on what goes on that day here.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:45 am

Just came across this thread - after hearing about it in Andorra but thinking I was not invited he he he J/K

I've been to DC once for a couple of hours so this would be a perfect excuse to spend a weekend there and really get to know the city with amazing hosts ^

Please add me to the maybe list (yes/no/maybe).

Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
Just to confirm that the EU embassies' open house is indeed scheduled to be held on Saturday, May 8, 2010. More info on what goes on that day here.
Are you going to show us the real German behind the scenes that we've never seen from you before?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I'm doing a LAN Peru MR that weekend...
leaving DCA at 4.30 PM heading back to NYC and then nonstop to LIM... put me down as a maybe..
I might as well head down Friday night and explore DC a bit, so I'm a strong maybe for all morning events on Saturday and a maybe for the Friday events...
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
The really important thing to know about the EU Embassy Open House is that the Belgian Embassy gives out little boxes of choocolates and wafer cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.