Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How will you pay for this Do? (Payment is due within 2 weeks of Registration)
paypal?
52.00%
check?
44.00%
cash?
4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Visit A Nation's Capital Do - May 7-9 (2010) a DC-Do

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by Prospero
I am very interested too. I have a 241 but the old mileage bank is low at the mo - well not quite high enough to meet your usual standard of travel
Yeah! It will be so good to see you again!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
yes/no/no
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by lili
The verb "to reschedule" was invented for you! I reschedule, you reschedule, he, she, it reschedules; we reschedule, they reschedule. To say nothing of the past, or those pesky perfect tenses. Just do it!
It's hard to reschedule paying clients!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
I am interested. Please add me to the list. I will be there.

Yes/No/Not sure

Thanks.

-BondAir007
Old Nov 18, 2009, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I don't know why I've missed this thead until now, but even more sorry that I'm unlikely to be able to attend what sounds like a very fun weekend due to a work event.
Those work events keep getting in the way of fun events ... y'gotta do something about that but sorry and you'll be missed!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:12 pm

double post

Last edited by JCinNYC; Nov 22, 2009 at 9:52 am Reason: double post
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I'd certainly be interested in participating in this and other events. I'd also be happy to organize a Private group tour of one of the Smithsonian museums (I'm at least a mid-level Contributing Member and set this up at the Air and Space Museum for a previous Do, and we had great fun and our guide was great). This could be either later on Saturday or on Sunday, depending on what works best for the most people.)
Air and Space Museum sounds interesting! My vote goes for either day in the late afternoon (for those that usually stay up all night long!)
Old Nov 21, 2009, 4:50 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Count us (me+1) in. We bought four very inexpensive DL tickets a couple of months ago, and this just happens to be one of the four weekends we'll be in town!

no/no/no
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Despite two votes for the Air and Space Museum by JCinNYC, there are at least six of us who were planning to go out to the Udvar-Hazy Museum at Dulles who would gladly leave that one for next time if GrizShel would arrange a guided tour of the American History Museum sometime on Sunday.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by monitor
Despite two votes for the Air and Space Museum by JCinNYC, there are at least six of us who were planning to go out to the Udvar-Hazy Museum at Dulles who would gladly leave that one for next time if GrizShel would arrange a guided tour of the American History Museum sometime on Sunday.
We also vote (+2) for any private tours of the Smithsonian museums over that weekend.

Last edited by Cholula; Nov 22, 2009 at 2:04 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by monitor
Despite two votes for the Air and Space Museum by JCinNYC
oooops... corrected but good to know my vote counts for two!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 1:24 pm

ooh I have hillwood interest! so yes/no/no
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
Count my vote too, please

Originally Posted by Cholula
We also vote (+2) for any private tours of the Smithsonian museums over that weekend.
+1 for any private Smithsonian museum
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
This sounds great... Put me down as No, Yes, Yes.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
A behind the scenes tour of either air and space museum would be fantastic. And to keep the aviation theme going would anyone be interested in some aerobatic flight experience as the chap at Potomac Airfield just south of DC has a gorgeous Super Decathlon. And the climb out on the northerly runway towards DC is amazing, but if he doesn't turn to depart south quickly he will have some F16's popping over to say hello!

http://aerobaticman.tripod.com/id5.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.