Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Unless they're referring to 2 personal every 60 and 1 business every 90???
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by technique
No, equifax shows up as 3 separate inquiries...

It is 3 hard, separate pulls, but I have "heard" that TU merges them... From what I have seen, EXP and EQ do not...

Citi pull Experian for my wife and I - we apply for 2 cards each on same day - and the 2 hard pulls get merged into 1 inquiry
Old Dec 1, 2008, 1:44 pm

Hey guys,

I got my AA Amex on 9/28. Its been over 60 days. Should I apply for another AA card given that:

1) I have been declined for a Chase United MP even tho I was pre-approved when i was at Chase. I declined because it offered only 20k miles. I went o united.com to apply for the 30k miles card and got declined, wth?

2) Last time I checked, my credit score is 730.

Also, should I call Chase and ask try to get the United MP card approved? I was able to do that with the buy.com card before.

Thanks,
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by forextrader
Citi pull Experian for my wife and I - we apply for 2 cards each on same day - and the 2 hard pulls get merged into 1 inquiry
Good to know!!! Thanks for the data point...

I can confirm that equifax does NOT merge the inquires on the same day...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:51 pm

I was just denied for the United personal and business card, stated reason too may inquires. So the day I received the deny letter I applied online with Citi and received instant approval for M/C and Amex cards.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:02 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Hrmph... They wrote to me that I was limited to one application every 60 days. I called yesterday to ask about this, and the phone rep confirmed that, and in fact told me I'd have to wait until late December since my last application (not approval) was in late October (after I had waited 31 days to reapply from a late September rejection). Don't know why I would be on a lower tier than others here with the status I have with Citi...

Grrr.

Originally Posted by CandymanJim
The DW and I both just submitted the latest Citi app and BOTH were instantly approved. Never seen this before and both card were each at 10k. (Normally 20k when they arrive in the mail). Good to know. Last card was 30 days ago. Card before that was 65 days earlier. Still expecting the 2 apps in 60 days unless anyone can report otherwise. Not sure why anyone is recommending 3 personal apps in 60 days, unless there is something I dont know?

Jim
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage 300k Lifetime Miles, WN Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by LGA
Hrmph... They wrote to me that I was limited to one application every 60 days. I called yesterday to ask about this, and the phone rep confirmed that, and in fact told me I'd have to wait until late December since my last application (not approval) was in late October (after I had waited 31 days to reapply from a late September rejection). Don't know why I would be on a lower tier than others here with the status I have with Citi...

Grrr.
From what I gather, it is one application per 60 days per card. (90 days for business).
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:28 am

Programs: AAdvantage 300k Lifetime Miles, WN Rapid Rewards
I'm waiting on a $20 refund to a credit card with a balance of $0 that I'm about to cancel. If the refund hits after I cancel, will they send me a check? I'd hate to lose $20... anyone else run into this problem?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
The DW and I both just submitted the latest Citi app and BOTH were instantly approved. Never seen this before and both card were each at 10k. (Normally 20k when they arrive in the mail). Good to know. Last card was 30 days ago. Card before that was 65 days earlier. Still expecting the 2 apps in 60 days unless anyone can report otherwise. Not sure why anyone is recommending 3 personal apps in 60 days, unless there is something I dont know?

Jim
Ha ha ha. Maybe Citi laid off the employees who had the boring job of checking each application manually after they get deferred online, and now this task is just automated. Since in my experience they always approve in the end, whoever "reviewed" my applications wasn't doing much "work" that can't be done by a machine in the first place.

Maybe next they'll get rid of the customer retention team. Or those guys who always call to check if the credit limit is OK...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mrosson
I'm waiting on a $20 refund to a credit card with a balance of $0 that I'm about to cancel. If the refund hits after I cancel, will they send me a check? I'd hate to lose $20... anyone else run into this problem?
Use the card and put $20 worth of gas in the car. even.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Use the card and put $20 worth of gas in the car. even.
It only works if the refund actually hit the card. Note: he is expecting, not seeing it yet.

He should keep the closed card info on the website so he can still access it and see when the refund shows up.
When the credit shows up on the closed card, he can call to ask for a check mailed to him. Otherwise the check will still be sent automatically after 3 months lapse. I believe it is required by law that a credit balance must be returned to cardholder after 3 months time.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by mrosson
Yes, and they will send you a check.

I am waiting on a dispute with an online merchant to be resolved before I cancel one of mine.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by macboss
Hey guys,

1) I have been declined for a Chase United MP even tho I was pre-approved when i was at Chase. I declined because it offered only 20k miles. I went o united.com to apply for the 30k miles card and got declined, wth?

2) Last time I checked, my credit score is 730.

Also, should I call Chase and ask try to get the United MP card approved? I was able to do that with the buy.com card before.

Thanks,
I got turned down with Chase with a FICO of 765. Go figure. Too many inquiries. I was doing alot of Real Estate stuff at that time. Had no trouble getting high limits applying for credit union V/MC's. CU's are much better to deal with.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just received an approval of my latest CITI application. Got the normal "we need to review" statement when I applied. 32 days since last application.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by chemist661
I got turned down with Chase with a FICO of 765. Go figure. Too many inquiries. I was doing alot of Real Estate stuff at that time. Had no trouble getting high limits applying for credit union V/MC's. CU's are much better to deal with.
^ Have to agree. Low interest rates (7.9%) that we never use, points given for no fee balance transfers until recently... Then they up and change the program, but still much easier to deal with!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.