Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
I opened a CitiGold account recently and I'm in CT. But keeps getting "Oops! There seems to be an issue with processing your request." at the registration page, any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I renewed in store Costco with a linked MC Debit, and unfortunately, still no reimbursement after two weeks.

This was done at the customer service desk, as an isolated charge, which is the way they say it had to be done.

Last year our Amazon Prime Membership credit came through in 2 days.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:39 am

I am looking more closely at the Citigold subscription website, in the Costco popup box.

It is stating that ONLY online renewals are rebated.

I don't seem to recall this before.

Does anyone else recall that?

That is really irritating.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
It is stating that ONLY online renewals are rebated.
I seem to remember that being there when I read it last year, but I could be wrong.

If you give them a call Citi might make an exception, or alternatively you can cancel your membership (Costco will give a full refund) and then re-signup online.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by docbert
I seem to remember that being there when I read it last year, but I could be wrong.

If you give them a call Citi might make an exception, or alternatively you can cancel your membership (Costco will give a full refund) and then re-signup online.
The issue is that at least when you talk to Costco they (costco) state they don't take MC debit online and one has to renew in store, at the customer service desk.

Which means it doesn't auto credit with Citi.

It took two phone calls (48 min total time), a week of time, and a manual push through to get my $120 exec membership credit.

Both Citi reps knew of the problem and said it was a known issue, and no one has updated the website for CG subscriptions.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The issue is that at least when you talk to Costco they (costco) state they don't take MC debit online and one has to renew in store, at the customer service desk.

Which means it doesn't auto credit with Citi.
You can *renew* online with Mastercard, any time within 90 days of you membership expiry. You just can't set it up for *auto-renewal* with anything other than a Visa.
Old May 3, 2020, 6:22 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
When I checked with a Citigold rep a couple of months ago, I was told the plan is to extend this benefit (subscription fee reimbursement) nationwide eventually. Has anyone outside of the Northeast (the initial roll out area, I believe) received info about this benefit? TIA.

LAX
Old May 4, 2020, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by LAX
When I checked with a Citigold rep a couple of months ago, I was told the plan is to extend this benefit (subscription fee reimbursement) nationwide eventually. Has anyone outside of the Northeast (the initial roll out area, I believe) received info about this benefit? TIA.

LAX
We've gotten it, and don't live in the NE, but it only showed up on 1 household account. Some people report getting it on multiple accounts, even if CG status only is being 'created' from 1 account.

It's something and i won't spit / sneer at it, but it is not really compense for 0% interest.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:56 pm
LAX

We've gotten it, and don't live in the NE, but it only showed up on 1 household account. Some people report getting it on multiple accounts, even if CG status only is being 'created' from 1 account.

It's something and i won't spit / sneer at it, but it is not really compense for 0% interest.
Why 0% interest? I thought it can be paired with the high yield savings account, which earns 1.55% APY currently. I thought it can also link to a brokerage account where ETFs are available for no transaction fee. Obviously, if I am getting stuck with $200K at essentially 0% interest, it's probably not a worthwhile tradeoff.

Thanks for your DP.

LAX
Old May 9, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by LAX
Why 0% interest? I thought it can be paired with the high yield savings account, which earns 1.55% APY currently. I thought it can also link to a brokerage account where ETFs are available for no transaction fee. Obviously, if I am getting stuck with $200K at essentially 0% interest, it's probably not a worthwhile tradeoff.

Thanks for your DP.

LAX
The 1.55% interest account isn't available everywhere. I can't get it because I live in NY.
Old May 9, 2020, 8:10 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The 1.55% interest account isn't available everywhere. I can't get it because I live in NY.
I didn't realize that. I think interesting that it's not offered in NY.

LAX
Old May 10, 2020, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by LAX
I didn't realize that. I think interesting that it's not offered in NY.

LAX
after you mentioned it, i went looking for it too on my online account. not in my region either. i guess they want me to put the money somewhere else. i have enough there in brokerage to keep cg status anyways.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:57 pm

I finally got the $200 invite. I am having the same trouble others expressed re: Costco. Will keep trying because that's the only one of these that I actually use. My Global Entry I get through Chase Sapphire Reserve. Is there any reason to NOT just register for all the available rebates though?
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:59 pm

So the renewal with MC Debit at Costco is actually pretty smooth - the reps all know about it even out of the Northeast footprint - and it credited our Exec membership pretty quickly, within a couple of days.

Still a little crazy compared to how it ought to be. I'd think they should just send out personalized membership discount codes of $60 or $120 off, and have them individual linked to CG names.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
So the renewal with MC Debit at Costco is actually pretty smooth - the reps all know about it even out of the Northeast footprint - and it credited our Exec membership pretty quickly, within a couple of days.

Still a little crazy compared to how it ought to be. I'd think they should just send out personalized membership discount codes of $60 or $120 off, and have them individual linked to CG names.
I had no issue renewing Costco online for 2 years in a row. I had an issue with Amazon though, but it seems that it was not Citi-related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.