Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by colonelcasey
They are for me. Not sure if I have a different set of vendors with Citigold Private Client. For me, I see Amazon Prime, Audible, Hulu, Spotify, TSA Pre, Global Entry, Costco, WSJ, and Blade with a $400 annual threshold.
I had already selected WSJ as a vendor before I signed up for them. I appealed my November charge to my Citi relationship manager, who filed for a manual adjustment and was approved after I showed him the WSJ sign up details. My December charge didn't get credited back yet. Going to wait to see what happens to the January one. Otherwise, I may have to file manual appeals every few months to get the amount credited back.
Itís good to know that Citi IT does not discriminate and is equally bad for all customers regardless of balance.
colonelcasey likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Got an invitation email (subject Welcome to the Citigold Subscription Rebate Program) a couple days ago, and was able to see the rebate dashboard and select rebate programs. Now just need the rebates to actually show up
Just got Gold last week. Are these emails sent in batches or should I request from RM?

Introducing an exciting new invitation-only benefit!

Your household may have the opportunity to enjoy up to $200 in rebates on subscriptions, streaming services, and more. Look for an email from Citi with an option to enroll in the program.*

Contact your Wealth Relationship Manager to learn more. Or, call the dedicated service line at 1-888-433-5370 | TTY: Use 711.

Be sure to visit the Citigold website to explore other benefits.

Visit Citigold Website

*Limit one per household. Trust, custodial, fiduciary, estate and business accounts are not eligible for this benefit.

This is a Citi sponsored program for eligible Citigold clients.

TERMS & CONDITIONS AND FEES FOR ACCOUNTS, PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS AND SERVICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

The Citigold Subscription Rebate Program (“Subscription Rebate Program”) is available as a benefit of the Citigold relationship for Citibank customers who are account owners of a checking account and have received a direct invitation from Citibank to participate. Eligible customers must have an activated debit card to receive the invitation. The benefit to receive up to $200 in annual rebate (s) is limited to one customer per household. Custodial, fiduciary, estate and irrevocable trust accounts are not eligible for this benefit. Certain revocable trust accounts may be eligible for this benefit. It may take up to 45 days for newly eligible customers to receive program invitation. Visit the Subscription Rebate Program Dashboard for more details and important information about this benefit.

As a Citigold client, you can receive banking and lending services, including The Citigold Account Package, from Citibank, N.A. (“Citibank”), Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender NMLS# 412915, along with financial planning and investment products as a client of Citi Personal Wealth Management, a business of Citigroup Inc., that offers investment guidance, products, and services through Citigroup Global Markets Inc. (”CGMI”), member SIPC. Citigroup Life Agency LLC (“CLA”) offers insurance products. In California, CLA does business as Citigroup Life Insurance Agency, LLC (license number 0G56746). Wealth Relationship Managers are employees of Citibank and are employees and registered representatives of CGMI. Citibank, CGMI, and CLA are affiliated companies under the common control of Citigroup Inc.

© 2022 Citigroup Inc. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world.
Privacy | Notice at Collection | CA Privacy Hub
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:03 am

These are supposedly done automatically, but if you arenít able to sign up (especially that you received an invite), you should definitely ask your RM to help.

Originally Posted by vickh
Just got Gold last week. Are these emails sent in batches or should I request from RM?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:20 pm

Just FYI -- Don't be like me and NOT read the big red letters on the rebate dashboard: Don’t miss out: Make your subscription purchases by December 24, 11:59 PM EST to be included in the $200.00 amount allotted for 2022.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by charmed18
Just FYI -- Don't be like me and NOT read the big red letters on the rebate dashboard: Donít miss out: Make your subscription purchases by December 24, 11:59 PM EST to be included in the $200.00 amount allotted for 2022.
I'm pretty sure this is more of just a recommendation than a drop-dead date. A few years ago I had at least one charge done well after the 24th, and despite this same message it was credited no problem at all.

I'm guessing they are allowing a week to make sure the charges post correctly within the right year. Most charges should post within 1-2 days max, so even today you *should* still be OK...
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by docbert
I'm pretty sure this is more of just a recommendation than a drop-dead date. A few years ago I had at least one charge done well after the 24th, and despite this same message it was credited no problem at all.

I'm guessing they are allowing a week to make sure the charges post correctly within the right year. Most charges should post within 1-2 days max, so even today you *should* still be OK...
Good to know. Would you happen to recall when your charge posted and when the credit was posted for the time you had the charge after said deadline? I'm curious in the credit posts in the new year, whether or not it counts towards the new year's bucket.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by charmed18
Good to know. Would you happen to recall when your charge posted and when the credit was posted for the time you had the charge after said deadline? I'm curious in the credit posts in the new year, whether or not it counts towards the new year's bucket.
Don't recall the exact dates, but they posted in the correct year and were counted in that year.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:03 pm

Don't recall the exact dates, but they posted in the correct year and were counted in that year.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I will keep that in mind for the future. It seems like it is more of whether or not the charge posts in the "previous year" rather than whether the charge occurred after the "deadline" they mentioned.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
how soon after opening citi account before getting invitation to join the program?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:41 am

Just logged into the subscription portal, and a pop-up says (emphasis mine):

Celebrate the New Year with a fresh $200!
From January 1 through December 31, 2023 you have a new $200 Citigold Subscription Annual Benefit to take advantage of.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Just logged into the subscription portal, and a pop-up says (emphasis mine):
It's you're referring to the "December 24" date above, the actual period has always been through the full calendar year, and it's always stated it's through December 31. As has been discussed, the 24th date (which has also been there in past years, but only shows up near the end of the year) is seemingly just to make sure the transaction post before the end of the year.

Your post also confirms they have extended this for another year which is good! (I see the same thing upon logging in too)

Interestingly when I look at my actual status page it states :
Total Annual Benefit:
Until 12/30/23

But I'm guessing that's just a typo or rounding error on their behalf...
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:14 pm

It's you're referring to the "December 24" date above, the actual period has always been through the full calendar year, and it's always stated it's through December 31. As has been discussed, the 24th date (which has also been there in past years, but only shows up near the end of the year) is seemingly just to make sure the transaction post before the end of the year.

Your post also confirms they have extended this for another year which is good! (I see the same thing upon logging in too)

Interestingly when I look at my actual status page it states :
Total Annual Benefit:
Until 12/30/23

But I'm guessing that's just a typo or rounding error on their behalf...
I remember seeing the 12/24 date before but canít remember where. I thought this is a good confirmation for anyone who might otherwise be worried that charges posting between 12/25-31 wonít count.

Personally I just buy Prime membership gift at the beginning of every year and be done with it
Old Jan 17, 2023, 3:35 am

Just purchased the 1 year gift of prime. 1/17/2023
Will update when credit posts.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:26 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by megadeth
Just purchased the 1 year gift of prime. 1/17/2023
Will update when credit posts.
Isn't Prime membership a published reimbursable fee? Why do we need DP?

LAX
Old Jan 20, 2023, 7:44 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by LAX
Why do we need DP?
Practice often differs from policy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.