Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Got an invitation email (subject Welcome to the Citigold Subscription Rebate Program) a couple days ago, and was able to see the rebate dashboard and select rebate programs. Now just need the rebates to actually show up
thanks for the update, there is hope that some of us still waiting will eventually get the invitation then!

ithinkurdumb
quick question - for your debit card, do you have a Mastercard debit card, or a plain old ATM debit card? I just have a plain old ATM debit card and wondering if I should request a Mastercard debit card if that helps trigger qualification...
ithinkurdumb likes this.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Aug 6, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I see nothing on my Citigold account regarding any special offers. I signed up for the account when the $1,500 interest bonus was offered and just received the bonus in this month's statement which was 4 months after I opened the account.
ptatohed likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
thanks for the update, there is hope that some of us still waiting will eventually get the invitation then!

ithinkurdumb
quick question - for your debit card, do you have a Mastercard debit card, or a plain old ATM debit card? I just have a plain old ATM debit card and wondering if I should request a Mastercard debit card if that helps trigger qualification...
You might be onto something. Back in June during my routing bi-monthly call to the subscription customer service center (their phone number is on the “Your household will have the opportunity…” page), the rep told me that the reason I wasn’t invited is because I was still using my Priority debit card, and because Citigold and Priority have different card numbers, the system thinks that I’m not Citigold. He went ahead and issued me a Citigold debit card, which turned out to have the same number. I was pretty mad at that thinking it was another bogus reason. But perhaps he was right after all.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
You might be onto something. Back in June during my routing bi-monthly call to the subscription customer service center (their phone number is on the “Your household will have the opportunity…” page), the rep told me that the reason I wasn’t invited is because I was still using my Priority debit card, and because Citigold and Priority have different card numbers, the system thinks that I’m not Citigold. He went ahead and issued me a Citigold debit card, which turned out to have the same number. I was pretty mad at that thinking it was another bogus reason. But perhaps he was right after all.
thanks for the data point - when they re-issued your debit card, did you get a Mastercard debit card (with the Mastercard logo), or an ATM card? The card that I have is an old fashioned ATM card (Citibank Banking Card on the front along with "Citigold"), so wondering if there's a correlation with ATM card vs. Mastercard debit card... hopefully can figure out what checks off the checkmarks!

update: just called that subscription customer service number and explained that I have an ATM card, agent said it's unlikely anyone can 'debit' your account to charge a subscription with an ATM card, so I needed to get a debit card, specifically a Debit Mastercard. Order submitted for a debit Mastercard and should arrive next week... let's see if that triggers the subscription benefit!

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Aug 7, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 9, 2021, 3:36 am

thanks for the data point - when they re-issued your debit card, did you get a Mastercard debit card (with the Mastercard logo), or an ATM card? The card that I have is an old fashioned ATM card (Citibank Banking Card on the front along with "Citigold"), so wondering if there's a correlation with ATM card vs. Mastercard debit card... hopefully can figure out what checks off the checkmarks!
My Priority debit card was already a debit card.
update: just called that subscription customer service number and explained that I have an ATM card, agent said it's unlikely anyone can 'debit' your account to charge a subscription with an ATM card, so I needed to get a debit card, specifically a Debit Mastercard. Order submitted for a debit Mastercard and should arrive next week... let's see if that triggers the subscription benefit!
Good luck!
HankAAFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:45 pm

Does anyone have a DP on hulu add-ons? will citi reimburse them? Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by aogut
Does anyone have a DP on hulu add-ons? will citi reimburse them? Thanks
Yes, Hulu addons are being reimbursed just fine for me.
aogut likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Has anyone been able to pay their Costco renewal with their Citibank Gold Debit Card? When I try to use it for payment it says I can only use a Visa debit card and since this is a Mastercard debit card the payment will not go thru.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by holocker
Has anyone been able to pay their Costco renewal with their Citibank Gold Debit Card? When I try to use it for payment it says I can only use a Visa debit card and since this is a Mastercard debit card the payment will not go thru.
Scroll back to post #37 in this thread...
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:29 pm

Here is what it says on the page when I try to renew my membership and have unclicked the auto-renew button: I put in a call 2 days ago to Citibank with the number on the back of my debit card and was told someone would get back to me. No one has yet. My membership is up for renewal in November so within 90 days and got my membership renewal bill in the mail this week. Membership fees will be charged based on your membership plus applicable taxes.
Accepted Cards:
  • Visa Credit Cards
  • Visa Signature Debit
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Here is what it says on the page when I try to renew my membership and have unclicked the auto-renew button: I put in a call 2 days ago to Citibank with the number on the back of my debit card and was told someone would get back to me. No one has yet. My membership is up for renewal in November so within 90 days and got my membership renewal bill in the mail this week. Membership fees will be charged based on your membership plus applicable taxes.
Accepted Cards:
  • Visa Credit Cards
  • Visa Signature Debit
Right below Auto-renew there was a button to just "Renew", where you can use MC as well.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Yes, it has to be done in person at the service desk at a warehouse. The staff there are well versed in this and it works smoothly.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 1:08 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Yes, it has to be done in person at the service desk at a warehouse. The staff there are well versed in this and it works smoothly.
I noticed your location is western US. Are you by chance on the coast (ie: CA)? When I inquired about this benefit from a Citigold rep probably 2 years ago, I was told it was at the time limited to certain markets, but a nationwide rollout was planned. Then, a follow up email informed me that the pandemic had delayed the plan. I was wondering if this is now nationwide. TIA.

LAX
Old Sep 25, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LAX
I noticed your location is western US.
Not the person you were asking, but I'm in NorCal (Bay Area) and have been eligible for this from the start. I don't think I received any notification about it until ~6 months after it started, but I'd actually signed up well before that.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by docbert
Not the person you were asking, but I'm in NorCal (Bay Area) and have been eligible for this from the start. I don't think I received any notification about it until ~6 months after it started, but I'd actually signed up well before that.
Thanks. That's interesting. I was told it started in select markets and personally thought it meant NYC. Perhaps it was available in few other cities where Citibank had good/strong presence. Maybe I should email the Citigold rep again to see whether it's finally available where I am at.

LAX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.