Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

CitiGold reimbursing subscription fees, up to $200/year

Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Med, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ordfreqflyer
Yes - I bought a membership on Costco.com (physical card sent to me via USPS) and was reimbursed.
Just to confirm- you bought a Gold Star gift of membership on Costco.com, and it was reimbursed?

If this works, I'll just get a few of these to use up my balance.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by former1k
Just to confirm- you bought a Gold Star gift of membership on Costco.com, and it was reimbursed?

If this works, I'll just get a few of these to use up my balance.
Are you currently a Costco member? Membership renewal is definitely reimbursed. I am hoping for more positive DPs on this before the year ends.

LAX
Old Dec 26, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I am existing Costco member (and already renewed the $120 which was reimbursed), but needed to pivot for the remaining $80 (disappointed that Amazon got rid of the gift of Prime), so bought a Gold Star gift of membership from Costco.com on 12/14, and the charge posted on 12/20 (figured i could use the $60 for next year's renewal when I get timing right with everything). Still no reimbursement triggered. Was hoping I could provide another data point that was similiar to ordfreqflyer 's hopeful update, either could be a delay due to the holidays or I don't have a good data point to share. I am debating if i should go to the warehouse and do a Gift of Membership at the membership desk and see if it triggers the reimbursement. Otherwise, I'll need to chalk it up to lesson learned and make sure to maximize next year (update timing of everything).

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Dec 26, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I am existing Costco member (and already renewed the $120 which was reimbursed), but needed to pivot for the remaining $80 (disappointed that Amazon got rid of the gift of Prime), so bought a Gold Star gift of membership from Costco.com on 12/16, and the charge posted on 12/21 (figured i could use the $60 for next year's renewal when I get timing right with everything). Still no reimbursement triggered. Was hoping I could provide another data point that was similiar to ordfreqflyer 's hopeful update, either could be a delay due to the holidays or I don't have a good data point to share. I am debating if i should go to the warehouse and do a Gift of Membership at the membership desk and see if it triggers the reimbursement. Otherwise, I'll need to chalk it up to lesson learned and make sure to maximize next year (update timing of everything).
Did you purchase a $60 GC instead of a $60+Tax GC? Keep in mind that the membership is subject to sales tax. To get the maximum rebate, I simply purchased a $120+Tax GC twice earlier this year. Don't know if it still works.

Last edited by Ericfw; Dec 27, 2023 at 1:58 pm
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ericfw
Did you purchase a $60 GC instead of a $60+Tax GC? Keep in minder that the membership is subject to sales tax. To get the maximum rebate, I simply purchased a $120+Tax GC twice earlier this year. Don't know if it still works.
Thanks Eric - I didn't have a choice between a gift of membership with tax, or gift of membership without tax (I was charged $60 for the Gold Star gift of membership and waiting for the card in the mail). I've never had to pay sales tax on a renewal either, might be a Texas thing? Could you clarify if you bought a gift card, or gift of membership card, and was it from costco.com, or in the warehouse? Appreciate the data point -
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
Thanks Eric - I didn't have a choice between a gift of membership with tax, or gift of membership without tax (I was charged $60 for the Gold Star gift of membership and waiting for the card in the mail). I've never had to pay sales tax on a renewal either, might be a Texas thing? Could you clarify if you bought a gift card, or gift of membership card, and was it from costco.com, or in the warehouse? Appreciate the data point -
I bought GCs separately at the checkout in store with amount the same as a membership renewal cost. At our state, we have to pay tax for the membership renewal/purchase ($127.95 for the executive membership renewal).
HankAAFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 11:35 pm
LAX

I bought GCs separately at the checkout in store with amount the same as a membership renewal cost. At our state, we have to pay tax for the membership renewal/purchase ($127.95 for the executive membership renewal).
Interesting DP. I didn't realize Costco accepts MC in store (perhaps it was used as debit purchase with PIN?) and allows variable denominations on GC purchase (fixed online).

LAX
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:35 pm

were you reimbursed for the Costco gc? Tia
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ascg
were you reimbursed for the Costco gc? Tia
Worked earlier this year. Don't know if it still works.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by docbert
If you're looking for something to chew up a few left-over dollars of subscriptions, Hulu has a Black Friday offer of 99 cents/month for 12 months for their "with ads" subscription. (Normally $8/month). Ends tomorrow (28th)
https://help.hulu.com/s/article/black-friday-promo

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to pay a year in advance and get this price if you've got extra 2023 credit.
Don't suppose anyone else took up this offer? I did, but it doesn't seem to be triggering the credits - likely because it's an amount Citi wasn't expecting. I'll reach out to them, although for $12 I'm not really sure it's worth the effort...
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:39 pm
LAX

Originally Posted by docbert
Don't suppose anyone else took up this offer? I did, but it doesn't seem to be triggering the credits - likely because it's an amount Citi wasn't expecting. I'll reach out to them, although for $12 I'm not really sure it's worth the effort...
I did. How much was your total? Mine was $1.XX with tax (can't remember the exact amount) and it was reimbursed automatically for the month of November. I haven't seen credit for the charge in December, though.

LAX
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LAX
I did. How much was your total? Mine was $1.XX with tax (can't remember the exact amount) and it was reimbursed automatically for the month of November. I haven't seen credit for the charge in December, though.
Just 99 cents for me. Looks like the credit did finally go through last night, as week or so after the charge. (I didn't get a credit for the first month as I screwed up and put it on the wrong card! Doh! Oh well, I can live with the 99 cents).
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:07 pm

Anyone get the $60 costco membership fee reimbursed?

Also any DPs of recent costco gcs working?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by ascg
Anyone get the $60 costco membership fee reimbursed?

Also any DPs of recent costco gcs working?
Bought $120 shopcard and nothing else at register (MC debit + pin is allowed) and it was rebated last month.

Last year bought $60 shopcard and it was rebated.

(eta: no sales tax on membership in my state)
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:35 am
LAX

Originally Posted by libralibra
Bought $120 shopcard and nothing else at register (MC debit + pin is allowed) and it was rebated last month.

Last year bought $60 shopcard and it was rebated.

(eta: no sales tax on membership in my state)
Your post is a second recent DP on purchasing GC instore. I guess I need to look into this. Did you just ask for a GC in the amount of $120 at the register?

LAX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.