Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ThankYou Airline or Hotel Transfer Errors

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone had issues transferring TYP to flying blue? Everything I've read on the blogs suggests its instantaneous, but an hour later and my points haven't posted to my flying blue account yet....Not sure if this is relevant, but its my first time ever transferring TYP to flying blue
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by lily23
Has anyone had issues transferring TYP to flying blue? Everything I've read on the blogs suggests its instantaneous, but an hour later and my points haven't posted to my flying blue account yet....Not sure if this is relevant, but its my first time ever transferring TYP to flying blue
Have you earned any FB miles from actual flying? If not, this has been a problem for others where AF blocks the transfer or the award booking. See this post and the assorted threads linked in it. They are more about booking an award post-transfer but if you haven’t earned any miles from flying, this could potentially be a problem for you as well.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31292507-post3.html
Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
Old Jul 13, 2019, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lily23
I had the error message transferring last night, but it went thru fine this morning. and my points were posted immediately. My account isn't new though.

I contemplated about transferring 150K TY points to book 3 tickets for myself and family after reading recent stories of FB cancelling award tickets. But In the end I decided to take the risk. I ran into issues and payment wouldn't go through, and then I got the message saying "your reservation cannot be ticketed in this country"!! Feeling defeated, I decided to call FB and 20 minutes later, my flights were booked and now I have 3 one-way tickets from Tahiti to LAX in business class!

Last edited by frenchie2; Jul 13, 2019 at 10:10 pm
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Finkface
Have you earned any FB miles from actual flying? If not, this has been a problem for others where AF blocks the transfer or the award booking. See this post and the assorted threads linked in it. They are more about booking an award post-transfer but if you haven’t earned any miles from flying, this could potentially be a problem for you as well.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31292507-post3.html
Air France/FB says my 317,000+ MR transfer is FRAUD! Help!
Yup, I actually just made FB gold after my last Europe trip =) The miles eventually showed up ~20 hours later, and I was able to book and ticket...not sure why it took so long, but a good lesson for me to just be patient!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
I had the error message transferring last night, but it went thru fine this morning. and my points were posted immediately. My account isn't new though.

I contemplated about transferring 150K TY points to book 3 tickets for myself and family after reading recent stories of FB cancelling award tickets. But In the end I decided to take the risk. I ran into issues and payment wouldn't go through, and then I got the message saying "your reservation cannot be ticketed in this country"!! Feeling defeated, I decided to call FB and 20 minutes later, my flights were booked and now I have 3 one-way tickets from Tahiti to LAX in business class!
Amazing! I've been eyeing LAX - PPT for awhile now but could never find availability for a reasonable amount of points. Happy my points eventually went through and posted too =)
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
The 25% FlyingBlue transfer bonus from TYP ends today: 7/20/19.
I know, last minute but was going to transfer some however encountered the following message 7/20/19 2300hr EST:

ThankYou Rewards Maintenance
We're sorry, the ThankYou Rewards website is temporarily unavailable while we perform maintenance. Please check back later today to register or redeem your points..

Totally my fault for waiting till the last minute but really Citi TYP?! (I just laughed - and said of course...)
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:13 pm

thank you points transfer to Asia miles error

Data point: tried for 3 days to transfer CTYP to Asia miles; kept getting "When we tried to complete your Points transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact customer service" error. The names and the phone numbers of the accounts match. I've tried 3 different browsers. I called customer service; they tried and got the same error. So, they have elevated my request to have the transfer done manually but it will take 3-5 business days.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by ggmm5
Data point: tried for 3 days to transfer CTYP to Asia miles; kept getting "When we tried to complete your Points transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact customer service" error. The names and the phone numbers of the accounts match. I've tried 3 different browsers. I called customer service; they tried and got the same error. So, they have elevated my request to have the transfer done manually but it will take 3-5 business days.
Sometimes there can be glitches in the ways middle names interact with first names. I've had issues with Chase transfers due to that, with another program.

Basically one party sees FIRST MIDDLE LAST as the name, the other one somewhere in their system sees FIRSTMIDDLE LAST, mashing up the first two into one token.

And that can blow up the xfers.
ricohitman likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I am seeing this error with AsiaMiles transfer "When we tried to complete your Points Transfer, we encountered a system error. Please try again or contact Customer Service for help" This is the first time I am seeing this error and I've successfully completed multiple transfers in the last 2 years. I spoke to an agent and he said they've been having this problem in the past 2 days with only AsiaMiles program. He suggested to try again tomorrow and also to contact AsiaMiles to see if there is they can do.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: Thank You
Transfer points

Have anyone have this problem before
There appears to be a problem with the information you’ve provided. Please confirm that the information entered is correct and try again.

I know I copy everything correctly.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:48 pm

Had Citi ended up manually transferring the miles for you? I have issues on transferring to Asia Miles since Sept 11 and every time when I called, CS only told me it is a known issue and the technical people are working on it.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 9:16 am

Had this issue back in Oct / Nov when attempting to transfer TY to Flying Blue. I spent an hour on the phone with a rep, who claimed they would escalate and I would get call me back. They never did.

Now I'm having the exact same problem trying to do a transfer to Asia Miles.

Update: It's definitely an account-wide issue. I proved it to the agent by asking them to try transferring 1,000 points to a different partner - which resulted in the same error message. They initiated a case with IT.

Last edited by Kylash; Jan 3, 2020 at 1:06 pm
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Was trying to transfer to AM this morning and failed multiple times online or by phone. Agent mentioned a few days ago same thing happened to a TY-AM transfer. Appears to be Citi IT issue.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Was trying to transfer to AM this morning and failed multiple times online or by phone. Agent mentioned a few days ago same thing happened to a TY-AM transfer. Appears to be Citi IT issue.
Same here. The initial error message had mentioned about my Asia Miles membership ID not matching. On the second try (with the same ID), the error message had displayed a system issue.

Hope for resolution soon.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Same here. The initial error message had mentioned about my Asia Miles membership ID not matching. On the second try (with the same ID), the error message had displayed a system issue.

Hope for resolution soon.
Exactly the same. Called them and the agent had no clue what was going on. Might try again today or tomorrow but given Citi's IT...not hopeful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.