FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

mintcilantro Oct 2, 2019 2:40 pm

I have an email code for 50k after $2500. I applied for 65k after 4k in July. But I can't find any 65k codes in the mail. Wondering if I should hold out for 65k code or just applying using the 50k. Is the 65k mail offer dead?

NTP9766 Oct 2, 2019 2:43 pm

We’re in a period where I wouldn’t wait around if you’ve got an emailer ready to go. 50k is better than 0k if another emailer doesn’t show up.

mintcilantro Oct 2, 2019 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 31587420)
We’re in a period where I wouldn’t wait around if you’ve got an emailer ready to go. 50k is better than 0k if another emailer doesn’t show up.

Thanks. The no-match policy makes you wonder whether to wait or not. I'm panicking because today is 67th day. I have the FOMO bug.

bobert24 Oct 2, 2019 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 31587435)
Thanks. The no-match policy makes you wonder whether to wait or not. I'm panicking because today is 67th day. I have the FOMO bug.

Read through the past 10-20 pages and you'll see how happy people were to have any offers at all just a couple weeks ago, and why you likely shouldn't expect anything better (or at all) to show up in the next couple weeks.Go for the 50k. Go ahead and restart the clock for your next app.

ninim2200 Oct 2, 2019 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 31587411)
I have an email code for 50k after $2500. I applied for 65k after 4k in July. But I can't find any 65k codes in the mail. Wondering if I should hold out for 65k code or just applying using the 50k. Is the 65k mail offer dead?

we have only seen 50k or 60k personal emailers recently.

Dream of Flying Oct 3, 2019 9:26 pm

Received a physical mailer with 9 digit code and the 48 months language. A few very very novice questions:

Is the 9 digit code transferable? The mailer is addressed to P2 but P1 flies AA more.

If the card is canceled next year, is bonus clawback a possibility? Any other downside to cancel?

I plan to use Plastiq to pay property tax to meet the msr, is that something frowned upon by Citi?

TIA!

IkeEsq Oct 4, 2019 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying (Post 31592107)
Received a physical mailer with 9 digit code and the 48 months language. A few very very novice questions:

Is the 9 digit code transferable? The mailer is addressed to P2 but P1 flies AA more.

If the card is canceled next year, is bonus clawback a possibility? Any other downside to cancel?

I plan to use Plastiq to pay property tax to meet the msr, is that something frowned upon by Citi?

TIA!

If it has 48-month language then why would you want to use it? The only point of mailers is to avoid the 48-month language. I generally close cards 3-4 months after opening them, Citi does not clawback miles unless you seriously abuse the program (like buying $3000 worth of goods, getting miles and returning $3000 of goods). Citi does not frown on much.

Dream of Flying Oct 4, 2019 7:39 am

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31592817)
If it has 48-month language then why would you want to use it? The only point of mailers is to avoid the 48-month language. I generally close cards 3-4 months after opening them, Citi does not clawback miles unless you seriously abuse the program (like buying $3000 worth of goods, getting miles and returning $3000 of goods). Citi does not frown on much.

Thank you!

About the 48 months language, the way I read it it means if you have received a bonus within the past 48 months you will not be eligible for this one. We have never applied for any AA cards so I am assuming we are safe. But will it restrict us if we want to apply another a year down the road?

mia Oct 4, 2019 7:48 am

Is the emailed offer superior to the offer you can find on the Citi or AA websites? If you are eligible it is better to apply using a public offer, because once you apply using a targeted offer (email or postal mail) you a unlikely to receive future targeted offers.

Dream of Flying Oct 4, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31593172)
Is the emailed offer superior to the offer you can find on the Citi or AA websites? If you are eligible it is better to apply using a public offer, because once you apply using a targeted offer (email or postal mail) you a unlikely to receive future targeted offers.

A little better but not by much. It is 65K miles on 4K spend. Used to receive 75K mailers but never applied. Maybe we should hold off for another 75K mailer then.

BTW, Mia, do you know if the 9 digit code physical mailer is transferable?

mia Oct 4, 2019 8:33 am

Typically, anyone can use a 9 digit offer.

mpasik Oct 4, 2019 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 31587435)

If it makes it easier for you, assuming you can get 2 50k offers every 65 days and you maintain that rate indefinitely, you average ~1.5k points a day. So if you wait ten days it's not worth it by the numbers, and that is assuming you even get a 65k offer.

flyer4512 Oct 4, 2019 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Dream of Flying (Post 31593134)
Thank you!

About the 48 months language, the way I read it it means if you have received a bonus within the past 48 months you will not be eligible for this one. We have never applied for any AA cards so I am assuming we are safe. But will it restrict us if we want to apply another a year down the road?

After you apply for your first AA card you then need a mailer or a emailer to get another personal card within 48 months of when the bonus posted. ~ 99% of the people in this thread are now using emailers to apply for AA cards

phant0m Oct 5, 2019 12:31 am

I got a letter today from Citi saying they mistakenly denied me for an AA card back in December 2018 and if I wanted to reapply again. :rolleyes:

littlewinglet Oct 6, 2019 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko (Post 31584312)
Anyone getting errors when trying to use e-mailers that info does not match mailer?

Not me. Just used one now with instant approval.

SLINKYTRAVEL Oct 6, 2019 4:36 pm

Does citi consider product changing day Citi personal to say Citi Double Cash (now that you get two thank you points per dollar spent...) an inquiry that fits within 2/65?

RobertHanson Oct 7, 2019 10:48 am

Can someone direct me to the thread for AA Business cards? There is a limited time 70K miles offer, which of course has the 48 month restriction, but I've never had that card. I was wondering why I haven't seen that mentioned here, and then realized this thread is strictly for targeted offers, and this is a non-targeted offer. TIA

mia Oct 7, 2019 10:51 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson (Post 31602168)
....this is a non-targeted offer. TIA

Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi...ne-offers.html

AugustWest Oct 7, 2019 11:36 am

DP:
Another successful auto approval using 12 digit physical mailer in DWs name.
60k/3k offer.

Robl Oct 7, 2019 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 31602359)
DP:
Another successful auto approval using 12 digit physical mailer in DWs name.
60k/3k offer.

Wow. The only physical mailers I still get are for biz cards.

SLINKYTRAVEL Oct 8, 2019 4:53 am

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 31599779)
Does citi consider product changing day Citi personal to say Citi Double Cash (now that you get two thank you points per dollar spent...) an inquiry that fits within 2/65?

I found out the answer the old fashioned way by applying on my 2/65 schedule and it did NOT impact and cause a MAC or whatnot...

9Benua Oct 8, 2019 8:37 am

When was the last email? My cousins are signing up for AA account 3 weeks ago and they have not received any email invitation.

ninim2200 Oct 8, 2019 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 9Benua (Post 31605418)
When was the last email? My cousins are signing up for AA account 3 weeks ago and they have not received any email invitation.

3 weeks ago was the last time they sent out emailers, wait for the next round, probably next week.

MaxVO Oct 8, 2019 1:28 pm

Are e-mailers single use, or can be used again prior to expiration? I just used my first e-mailer (with a name change), and wondered if I should even try it again for another family member.

fromfall98 Oct 8, 2019 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO (Post 31606594)
Are e-mailers single use, or can be used again prior to expiration? I just used my first e-mailer (with a name change), and wondered if I should even try it again for another family member.

Single use. Try using it again, it shall not let you get out of first page :)

flyertalkuser2016 Oct 8, 2019 3:24 pm

Do you guys still get approved even if you have 6 or more inquiries in the last 6 months?

PresskittJon Oct 8, 2019 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalkuser2016 (Post 31606923)
Do you guys still get approved even if you have 6 or more inquiries in the last 6 months?

All the time

fletchbo Oct 9, 2019 8:01 am

Originally Posted by venkallu (Post 31564724)
Did you try Calling citi?

Yes, I called them around Sep 5, and they told me, I will just have to wait, I applied too soon after last app; they would not process that app. I called again around Oct 5, and they read notes on the account "We told you on Sept 5 that we could not process this application. Wait a few months." No definite time line given.

ALSO, I did another E-mailer app, "new accounts only" on 9/16, and that one got MACD mailed letter also. Prior app was 8/10. That was 36 days.

It appears I am temporarily in "MACD Jail." The last time this happened to me, I believe I had to wait a full 60 days before I could get approved again. I guess I will "sit in the corner" until 11/17 or later?

Advice, anyone?

mia Oct 9, 2019 10:51 am

Moderator action

Several posts have been removed.

Flyertalk is not a marketplace. Please do not offer to sell, buy, trade or give away anything, and likewise please do not beg others for their surplus codes.

phant0m Oct 9, 2019 5:44 pm

I've been signing up for a bunch of AA accounts but haven't received any more mailers. Am I doing something wrong?

fletchbo Oct 10, 2019 5:18 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 31506501)
Thanks! I have another app from mid-Aug (before last known phys mailer "effective" Exp of 8/15) denied via letter due to MACD. First call to recon after 20 days was again declined due to MACD. I will wait until after mid-Sept, more than 30 days past the app date, but before 60 days, to see if it can be "revived" an approved. Will report back later.

Follow-up:(re-posted here for continuity)
Yes, I called Citi again around Sep 5, and they told me, I will just have to wait, I applied too soon after last app; they would not process that app. I called again around Oct 5, and they read notes on the account "We told you on Sept 5 that we could not process this application. Wait a few months." No definite time line given.

ALSO, I did another E-mailer app, "new accounts only" on 9/16, and that one got MACD mailed letter also. Prior app was 8/10. That was 36 days.

It appears I am temporarily in "MACD Jail." The last time this happened to me, I believe I had to wait a full 60 days before I could get approved again. I guess I will "sit in the corner" until 11/17 or later?

Advice, anyone?

SLINKYTRAVEL Oct 10, 2019 5:33 am

Originally Posted by fletchbo (Post 31612380)
Follow-up:(re-posted here for continuity)
Yes, I called Citi again around Sep 5, and they told me, I will just have to wait, I applied too soon after last app; they would not process that app. I called again around Oct 5, and they read notes on the account "We told you on Sept 5 that we could not process this application. Wait a few months." No definite time line given.

Advice, anyone?

it has happened to me before. Not sure what I had done but I waited the full 65 days and applied and got the first time “income documents required for approval” but eventually got approved (note: now for some reason I have gone back to auto-approve since the emailers came around!) good luck!

SLINKYTRAVEL Oct 10, 2019 5:36 am

Is anyone out there simultaneously doing this grAAvy train and the BOFA AS business card as well? Any issues if so? With the new SQ redemption chart on AS and certain sweet spots might try...

LWT3 Oct 10, 2019 11:48 am

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 31612410)
Is anyone out there simultaneously doing this grAAvy train and the BOFA AS business card as well? Any issues if so? With the new SQ redemption chart on AS and certain sweet spots might try...

I thought BofA was shooting down all high-volume churners like those of us who have been posting here.

SLINKYTRAVEL Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by LWT3 (Post 31613649)
I thought BofA was shooting down all high-volume churners like those of us who have been posting here.

Hearing still works in pockets with biz card only...I will give it a shot and be back with some DPs

flyer4512 Oct 10, 2019 2:59 pm

With AS ditching the American partnership the AS miles will became worthless to me, I'll dump them on hotels I guess

bamaPhantom Oct 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Devalued but not worthless. I have just started using them on hotels in the last 6 months - not too bad a value when you have status with AA . Was able to score some great disney hotels for a couple of family trips that I have not been able to use points for in the past. Win -Win.

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31614241)
With AS ditching the American partnership the AS miles will became worthless to me, I'll dump them on hotels I guess

GH83 Oct 10, 2019 6:52 pm

I was approved for an AS business card a few months back.

LWT3 Oct 10, 2019 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 31614877)
I was approved for an AS business card a few months back while fully on board the train.

If this works, the opportunity should be posted here: Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

lw7878 Oct 11, 2019 7:53 am

Just did that last week. Applied for BoA AS business first and then Citi AA (eMailer). AS biz wasn't approved instantly but AA was. I didn't call BoA and a congratulation email came the next day. I have been with BoA for years with a healthy status. This might have had helped.