FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

IkeEsq Oct 28, 2019 8:58 am

Originally Posted by thermaltracker (Post 31672970)
Question for the group:
I received an emailer, applied and was approved. I changed everything on the application to match my info but later realized that I did not change the AA Frequent Flyer account number that had auto-populated (it is my sister's FF number, not mine).

Can I later call in to correct the FF account number?

Thanks!

I did this when we still had to call in for every application and I asked the person to change it when I called in for approval and they did it. It certainly does not hurt to call in once you get your card and tell them you made a typo or your browser autofilled the wrong information, or whatever. Otherwise, you'll need to get AA to merge the accounts later.

acinchus Oct 28, 2019 9:13 am

I have been out of the loop, after the physical mailers stopped 5-6 months ago.

What are the known best practices in increasing probability for emailers.

Is it create account with fresh email address and phone number? Does the new account need some miles generation activity or emailers come through without any activity?

Any other nuances to be aware of while using emailers vs. physical mailers?

azcoyote Oct 28, 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by acinchus (Post 31674006)
I have been out of the loop, after the physical mailers stopped 5-6 months ago.

What are the known best practices in increasing probability for emailers.

Is it create account with fresh email address and phone number? Does the new account need some miles generation activity or emailers come through without any activity?

Any other nuances to be aware of while using emailers work vs. physical mailers?

Ops5 Oct 28, 2019 10:29 am

DP:

After suffering through a mailer/emailer drought for most of Aug & Sep, I received 4 emailers this month. Mrs Ops5 and I applied 10/19 and 10/28. All 4 auto-approved (unheard of in years).

If my my math is right, and the emailers roll in properly, I can start the process again on 12/23. ^

slappychasez Oct 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Ops5 (Post 31674279)
DP:

After suffering through a mailer/emailer drought for most of Aug & Sep, I received 4 emailers this month. Mrs Ops5 and I applied 10/19 and 10/28. All 4 auto-approved (unheard of in years).

If my my math is right, and the emailers roll in properly, I can start the process again on 12/23. ^

Great DP. I guess it is possible for some to get approved again after an approval 8-9 days ago.

gumercindo Oct 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Heart skipped a beat the other day I received a Citi AA mailer for 60k miles only to find out it was for their checking account deal.

Carl Christensen Oct 29, 2019 1:13 pm

Updated

fromfall98 Oct 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen (Post 31678751)
DP:

Received two emailers:

Opened the link simultaneously in IE, Chrome, Safari. Filled out each, and hit submit for all 3. All 3 auto approved.

Reddit DP that I was building on did 2 from 1 link and both were approved, both received letter mentioning the bonus. Never did follow up to confirm bonus posted, but if the letter shows it I think it is safe. My DP is to show 3 work.

The second mailer was used for 2 people.

👍🏼
Wow!!! Unbelievable! If I get an emailer, shall definitely give it a try!

Carl Christensen Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Updated

ricohitman Oct 29, 2019 2:49 pm

DP:

Received two emailers:

Opened the link simultaneously in IE, Chrome, Safari. Filled out each, and hit submit for all 3. All 3 auto approved.

Reddit DP that I was building on did 2 from 1 link and both were approved, both received letter mentioning the bonus. Never did follow up to confirm bonus posted, but if the letter shows it I think it is safe. My DP is to show 3 work.

Holy crap dude...this is a clutch DP.

GH83 Oct 29, 2019 5:58 pm

DP:

Received two emailers:

The new two browser trick! Blast from the past.

cb11 Oct 29, 2019 7:58 pm

So just to clarify...these were done for 5 separate people obviously?

Round 1: emailer 1; persons A, B, and C

Round 2: emailer 2; persons D and E

And assume all these folks were within 2/65 rule?

Carl Christensen Oct 30, 2019 8:06 am

Updated

gumercindo Oct 30, 2019 11:19 am

Not sure if these DPs are being tracked but my Citi AA biz bonus (65k) just posted. It was from a public link and I was approved a couple months back. There was some conflicting DPs about whether or not bonus would post from these links. It did for me.

xyzxyzxyz Oct 30, 2019 3:11 pm

Looking for thread on Marriott Bonvoy ccs

Marriott just mailed me an offer to apply for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless 100K point card. Reading the T/Cs, it seems we should qualify for the bonus, even though we both had SPG cards some years ago. But I wanted to check with FTers on a Marriott thread to be sure. So I googled "Flyertalk Marriott", and sure enough there was a link to FT. Clicking it took me to a FT page with 510 pages. Not pages of posts, but apparently 510 pages of links to FT threads possibly related to Marriott. :eek:

So then I used the search box at top of this page, and again endless links, including near the top of the page, an recent thread: "Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities", which I guess was included because the first post mentions the OP once stayed in a Marriott that had them. :rolleyes:

Sigh....

Can anyone direct me to a thread where I might get information on applying for Bonvoy ccs?

TIA !

cb11 Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

You have a lot of frequent churners in this thread, prob some
of the most prolific on FT.

i was in similar boat as you few months ago. Old SPG accounts, and I applied and was approved, points posted.

mia Oct 30, 2019 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by xyzxyzxyz (Post 31683479)
.... Marriott Bonvoy Boundless....

These would be in the Marriott and Chase forums. Start here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...dit-cards.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html

xyzxyzxyz Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am

Originally Posted by cb11 (Post 31683518)
You have a lot of frequent churners in this thread, prob some
of the most prolific on FT.

i was in similar boat as you few months ago. Old SPG accounts, and I applied and was approved, points posted.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

xyzxyzxyz Oct 31, 2019 10:06 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31683850)

Thanks mia !

epaairnow Nov 5, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 31679871)
The new two browser trick! Blast from the past.

Just did the 2 browser using one emailer for wife and I. She was auto approved and I had to call in. Awaiting letters in the mail to confirm 60k/3 month offer.

flyer4512 Nov 6, 2019 2:48 am

DP on recent emailers. 2 - 50K and one 60k bonus have posted in the past week or so. single apps in 2 player mode

AlexTheMan Nov 6, 2019 9:33 am

Trying to apply this morning for 11/6 invitation but I keep getting this error after filling invitation code and last name

We're unable to process your application at this time.

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan (Post 31708031)
Trying to apply this morning for 11/6 invitation but I keep getting this error after filling invitation code and last name

We're unable to process your application at this time.

A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

Same. Annoyed.

steveo345 Nov 6, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by wiivile (Post 31708032)
Same. Annoyed.

Keep in mind that the 11/6 (today) expired this morning at 12am EST.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by steveo345 (Post 31708116)

What?

xyzxyzxyz Nov 6, 2019 10:16 am

Originally Posted by steveo345 (Post 31708116)

So you are suggesting that the "expiration date" is not the last day we can use the offer. Which is the way I would have read it.

Rather it is the day the offer is expired.

However, up until now, AFAIK, attempting to apply with an expired offer did not produce a "system error" notice. It simply didn't give you an app page to even try to apply.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 10:20 am

Originally Posted by xyzxyzxyz (Post 31708195)
So you are suggesting that the "expiration date" is not the last day we can use the offer. Which is the way I would have read it.

Rather it is the day the offer is expired.

However, up until now, AFAIK, attempting to apply with an expired offer did not produce a "system error" notice. It simply didn't give you an app page to even try to apply.

literally nobody would read 'expires 11/6' as 'actually expires 11/5 at 11:59pm'. citi is just being citi, i.e., incompetent. so cool i missed out on 50k points, not that i can complain.

IkeEsq Nov 6, 2019 12:44 pm

I just tried three invitation numbers. One that is unused and expired months ago. One that expires today and was previously used. And one that expires today and I entered the wrong name. All came back:

The information entered does not match our records. Please be sure to enter it exactly as shown on your invitation letter. If you prefer, you can mail in the form attached to your invitation letter.
I suspect that whatever is happening with unused, valid numbers/names is not related to the expiration date.

wiivile Nov 6, 2019 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31708740)
I just tried three invitation numbers. One that is unused and expired months ago. One that expires today and was previously used. And one that expires today and I entered the wrong name. All came back:

I suspect that whatever is happening with unused, valid numbers/names is not related to the expiration date.

Apparently it was already known (tho not known to me) that the expiration date is actually a 'no longer valid as of' date, which is stupid on Citi's part. I suspect Citi just generated a different error message for this round of expired codes... hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer for a new batch of codes because I just threw 50k AA miles out the window by waiting until 11/6 when I was going to do it yesterday... I know better than to call the bank in this situation, but if this were a more legitimate situation I would definitely complain to Citi about 11/6 actually expiring 11/5...

ScubaAddict Nov 7, 2019 9:10 am

Common emailer text?

Hey All - for those of you getting the emailers I have a couple questions:

1. Which of your communication preferences needs to be 'checked'? (1. AAdvantage promotions, 2. News and Offers and/or 3. Third-party sharing)?
2. Identifiable verbiage in EVERY email? i.e. are they from the same email address? or every email has the same text - EXAMPLE: "Use this exclusive AAdvantage application number" - what are those phrases or email addresses?
I want to filter and flag email with this "common text" so I will notice them (I get hundreds of emails daily) - I am particularly interested in both personal and business application emails.

Thank you!!

billybobson1402 Nov 7, 2019 11:40 am

Email tends to have the phrase "jump-start" in the subject or body

gumercindo Nov 8, 2019 5:54 am

Any further DPs with biz AA cards and getting the bonus in 48 month language public links?

ninim2200 Nov 8, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by billybobson1402 (Post 31712102)

Accounts that never earned any miles tend to have the "Jump-start" phrase, other accounts that earned some miles in the past and had activity get a different title.

"ninim2200 - enjoy this 50,000 bonus mile offer"
"ninim2200, you could earn 7 miles on every dollar spent on American Airlines flights" even though the title had no mention of an invitation, this email was one with an emailer code.
"ninim2200, get your limited-time offer before it's gone – earn 60,000 bonus miles"
"**Your limited-time offer is here"
"Special offer for ninim2200 – 60,000 bonus miles"

ScubaAddict Nov 8, 2019 10:10 am

Originally Posted by billybobson1402 (Post 31712102)

Thank you billybobson!

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31715496)
Accounts that never earned any miles tend to have the "Jump-start" phrase, other accounts that earned some miles in the past and had activity get a different title.

"ninim2200 - enjoy this 50,000 bonus mile offer"
"ninim2200, you could earn 7 miles on every dollar spent on American Airlines flights" even though the title had no mention of an invitation, this email was one with an emailer code.
"ninim2200, get your limited-time offer before it's gone – earn 60,000 bonus miles"
"**Your limited-time offer is here"
"Special offer for ninim2200 – 60,000 bonus miles"

Well, that does make it tougher. The second one you listed sounds familiar, and I may have looked past it having an actual code. Thank you!

SeeBuyFly Nov 8, 2019 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31715496)

Wow, I am sure I deleted these without opening them.

viraldemos Nov 8, 2019 2:22 pm

Check your inboxes, new emailers arriving.

ninim2200 Nov 8, 2019 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by viraldemos (Post 31716610)
Check your inboxes, new emailers arriving.

New batch of emailers just hit my inbox one 60k-3k and the rest are 50k-2.5k expiration 12/11

IkeEsq Nov 8, 2019 3:35 pm

This is depressing. Three emailers in September, one in October, none in November.

Meanwhile, all accounts are getting the endless offers to shop, buy wine, enter sweepstakes, etc. :(

flyer4512 Nov 8, 2019 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq (Post 31716764)
This is depressing. Three emailers in September, one in October, none in November.

Meanwhile, all accounts are getting the endless offers to shop, buy wine, enter sweepstakes, etc. :(

Same here, nothing last month and nothing so far this month. I have had emailers arrive hours after first being reported here so I'm still hoping I get at least one.

ninim2200 Nov 8, 2019 6:39 pm

For the record here is my emailers dates update:

• eMailer Sent 4/4-Expiration 5/6
  • eMailer Sent 5/7-Expiration 6/5 (1 day after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 6/6-Expiration 6/30 (1 day after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 7/16-Expiration 8/5(16 days after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 8/6-Expiration 9/16(1 day after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 9/17-Expiration 10/14 (1 day after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 10/17-Expiration 11/06(3 days after expiration)
  • eMailer Sent 11/08-Expiration 12//11 (2 days after expiration)