Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA churn - impact on Amex, BoA, Chase et.al. application strategy?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Just submitted an app on a 5/15 mailer (which would put me at 63 days). Got the 7-10 day message so I suspect when I call later it will get approved.

Incidentally, I also applied for a Hilton Ascend card and I received the "because you have so many damn cards, you don't qualify for the welcome bonus".

I'm about 16/24

Did you try the link for the NAF 75K HH card with no lifetime language ? Later ( 12 months) you should be able to upgrade that card to Ascend.

DP, 5/15 mailer worked today, IA
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Did you try the link for the NAF 75K HH card with no lifetime language ? Later ( 12 months) you should be able to upgrade that card to Ascend.

DP, 5/15 mailer worked today, IA
Funny you mention that - after my denials, I decided to lick my wounds and go for the NLL/NAF 75k card and got accepted.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Funny you mention that - after my denials, I decided to lick my wounds and go for the NLL/NAF 75k card and got accepted.

I may apply my wife for another NAF HH via that link.................there is a 120K Radisson card from US bank that some churners ( according to DOC users) are getting approved for.

I would rather have that Radisson as it would give us over $1000 in value but I hate to hold out ( figure I should wait a few weeks since she got a AA card today) and end up missing both deals if the NAF link expires

In case you are not aware it appears that you can have more than one NAF HH Amex card
LWT3 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:07 pm

I didn't get any email codes this last round and I'm worried it might just kill me to not get a Citi card 34 days after the last one. That would be a first in the past 18 months.

So I'm thinking about getting an Expedia+ Voyager per DOC's post on 10.18.19. Thoughts?

With LOL/24 it's darn near Citi or nothing at this point.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
And to confirm, you are absolutely correct.

I just used incognito to generate a 25,000 MR bonus for spending $1,000 link for the Amex Green Card.

Applied, got a pending, called in and did ID verification and was approved. They asked me about my Experian, which I said was frozen, and I offered to unfreeze it but they said no need.

I was definitely in pop up hell with both the Delta Reserve cards, the Marriott Bonvoy card, and the Hilton Business card. Bottom line, you can play around with this stuff.
How did you generate this?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:46 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by NRamos0330
How did you generate this?
Welcome to Flyertalk. American Express Green has been refreshed, and discussion is here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...-2k-spend.html
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PresskittJon
I didn't get any email codes this last round and I'm worried it might just kill me to not get a Citi card 34 days after the last one. That would be a first in the past 18 months.

So I'm thinking about getting an Expedia+ Voyager per DOC's post on 10.18.19. Thoughts?

With LOL/24 it's darn near Citi or nothing at this point.
I'm not familiar with the card, but as you say, there aren't many bonuses I am eligible for these days, so thanks for the tip. I'm going to research it.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:18 pm

Instantly approved for the Citi Expedia card today. Missed the Black Friday elevated bonus but it’s better than nothing.

Denied firmly for the Wells Fargo Propel yesterday because LOL/24.

Get on the no lifetime language Delta Amex’s if you can. Make sure your Delta accounts have email offers enabled and then wait, basically. Not the easiest necessarily but not impossible at all.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:18 am
formerly atomicfront

Instantly approved for the Citi Expedia card today. Missed the Black Friday elevated bonus but it’s better than nothing.

Denied firmly for the Wells Fargo Propel yesterday because LOL/24.

Get on the no lifetime language Delta Amex’s if you can. Make sure your Delta accounts have email offers enabled and then wait, basically. Not the easiest necessarily but not impossible at all.
Have you had a Wells Fargo credit card in the last 18 months? I don't think they deny because of x/24.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by catsfroggy1
Have you had a Wells Fargo credit card in the last 18 months? I don't think they deny because of x/24.
Never once had a WF credit card. Long time customer though who has had checking accounts on and off, including 1 checking account presently.

They quoted:

a) too many credit accounts with a zero balance
b) too many credit inquiries in general

Perhaps others want to try, but I am pretty sure they are being like BoA, Barclays, etc.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:45 am

Never once had a WF credit card. Long time customer though who has had checking accounts on and off, including 1 checking account presently.

They quoted:

a) too many credit accounts with a zero balance
b) too many credit inquiries in general

Perhaps others want to try, but I am pretty sure they are being like BoA, Barclays, etc.
Oh, and WF pulled both TU and Experian. Cute. My TU and Equifax have been beginning to feel neglected.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:48 am
formerly atomicfront

I still don't think they have lol/24 restrictions. I was approved in the fall and I am over 30/24. Of course I was showing a pre-approval when logging in and just applied to that.
jiaogulan likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by catsfroggy1
I still don't think they have lol/24 restrictions. I was approved in the fall and I am over 30/24. Of course I was showing a pre-approval when logging in and just applied to that.
If you are stuck with Citi the premier card represents good value. 60k TY points for 4K spend
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:42 pm

Am I missing anything at Citi in terms of new card options? AA is done/on hold, I have the Premier so I can't do that or the other cards with TYP due to bonus restrictions, I just got Expedia.

Chase is long gone. BoA, Barclays, and Wells Fargo now are LOL/24-phobes.

AMEX is great but I am good there for a while.

I do not want to mess with US Bank and their weird credit bureau checks, plus they might easily be anti LOL/24 anyways.

I'll give CapOne a quick check I guess since they have transferable miles but I've never taken them seriously in the past due to checking all 3 bureaus and not having good cards. I have a feeling they'll be anti LOL/24.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:43 pm

I think this thread is a great idea; a place to discuss credit card strategy. I hope we can keep it going.

We had a head start on life after the churn, my partner had all her accounts closed over a year ago, as reported elsewhere on ft. One of the few cases of shutdown not by aa, did not get much attention.

The cards I and P2 have been getting recently besides the churn include citi Premier, Barclays arrival, Barclays choice, amex Green, amex Gold(rose), amex aspire, discover, barclays Hawaii, ebates ascend and delta gold. We also got Chase sapphire preferred using a link despite x/24.

I would say Amex, barclays citi and rakuten are easy. No luck with bank of america, I guess I had too many back then. I heard if I had a bank account, it would increase my chances with b of a. I think US bank is easy, not required to lock at the minor credit bureaus, perhaps because we had the Northwest card years ago.

I am always looking for amex links without lifetime language and chase links that are pre-approved.

Cit double cash would be nice too. Maybe start doing more MS with rakuten and double cash.
tscateh and jiaogulan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.