FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1954432-citi-aa-cards-targeted-offers-includes-mailers-emailers-matching.html)

ninim2200 Sep 17, 2019 4:16 pm

All 3 accounts that received e-Mailers last month, just received new emailers today ( all these accounts have used previous emailers), 4 new accounts setup last month also received emailers today as well. the 4 accounts were setup on the day the previous emailer batch was sent 8/6

NTP9766 Sep 17, 2019 4:17 pm

I just received the same emailer for a family member that signed up for an AA account within the last 30-45 days or so.

IkeEsq Sep 17, 2019 4:19 pm

I just got three 50K $2500 emailers, all to new accounts created in the last month. None to original accounts that got physical mailers for 2-3 years, none to accounts that got an emailer earlier this year but never physical mailers and were created a year ago after mailers became one-use.

9-digit codes, no 24-month language.

muji Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200 (Post 31535745)
First e-mailer arrived today with 9-digit code...earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after

Originally Posted by callmedtop (Post 31535817)
Just got it as well

Same here; it just came in.

flyer4512 Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm

One emailer showed up here, all I need before 10/14. This was for an account setup in July 2019 and I used a emailer from this account a couple weeks ago.

bobert24 Sep 17, 2019 4:31 pm

A few of my family members have accounts that have existed from between 8 months - 3 years. They've all gotten physical mailers before. None of them have ever gotten emailers. None of them got emailers today.

I finally convinced two more of my family members to join less than a month ago. They both got emailers today - the same 50k/2.5k 10/14/19 offer as others have reported. Since these are new accounts, these are the first mailers or emailers any of them have ever gotten. All of my family's accounts (new and old) have unique email addresses and phone numbers.

Keep checking your email. Bulk mailings like this aren't instant. The first report of an emailer today was posted a over half an hour before my emails arrived. Who knows how long it'll take them to send to everybody.

fletchbo Sep 17, 2019 5:02 pm

E-mailers are back for third iteration since July!

They're baaaaaaaaaaack!

All relatives w/ AAdvantage accts created from late June thru early Aug got the E-mailer, today 9/17.

Details: "New accounts only"
50k mi/2.5k spend/3mo.
Editable fields.
9 digit codes.
EXP 10/14/19.

Last iteration, only half the relatives got the invitation. Also, expiration period has varied from 3 wks - 5 wks; never the same. Citi is testing how well the offers are accepted, sa they should.

flyer4512 Sep 17, 2019 5:39 pm

One of my accounts just received a 60K emailer

Earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus milesafter making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®World EliteTM Mastercard®.* The annual fee of $99 is waived for the first 12 months.

This offer is valid for new accounts only. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you're married, you may apply for a separate account. The Card offer referenced in this communication is only available to individuals who reside in the United States and its territories, excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Your eligibility for a particular product and service is subject to a final determination by Citibank. This communication is not and should not be construed as, an offer to individuals outside of the United States. Citibank, N.A., Sioux Falls, SD, ("Citi," "we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Please allow 4 weeks from date of submission to process your Card Account application

muji Sep 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31536071)
One of my accounts just received a 60K emailer

Earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles

So, they're mixing things up; that's good.
Is that also an "apply by 10/14/19" offer?

ninim2200 Sep 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31536091)

My 60K offer has the same expiration date as 50k offers 10/14

flyer4512 Sep 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31536091)

Yes

panpan Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31536126)
Yes

I also received the 60k 9 digit emailer today, but it is from a very old account, account was converted from US airways ..

panpan Sep 17, 2019 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by panpan (Post 31536312)
I also received the 60k 9 digit emailer today, but it is from a very old account, account was converted from US airways ..

And I have never gotten physical mailer for this account, strange !!

fredc84 Sep 17, 2019 8:02 pm

LOL, well, maybe it's the alcohol from dinner talking...but reading the last days worth of people panicking about no emailers and then them showing up tonight is cracking me up. Oh, the new member who joined last month got one of the 50K/$2500 emailers today!

pf815 Sep 17, 2019 8:06 pm

emailer

I received an emailer with a 9 digit code for an account I set up for a family member <1 month ago (happy dance!). It has the following language (sad face):

Apply for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® and earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.* The annual fee of $99 is waived for the first 12 months.
Apply today using your non-transferable, exclusive invitation number 123456789. This number can be used one time to apply for this credit card offer. Offer expires 10/14/2019.

I went to the application page, entered a different last name & was told that the "information entered does not match our records". I then entered the last name on the offer & was taken to the application page, where the last name field is editable. This is as far as I went as I am not yet eligible to apply for another card.

Any DP's on this scenario?

PresskittJon Sep 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by pf815 (Post 31536391)
Any DP's on this scenario?

The last 2000 messages in this thread ;)

muji Sep 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by pf815 (Post 31536391)
I entered a different last name & was told that the "information entered does not match our records". I then entered the last name on the offer & was taken to the application page, where the last name field is editable.

On the initial application page, you always need to enter the last name of the mailer recipient. This is the standard procedure.

pf815 Sep 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by muji (Post 31536465)
On the initial application page, you always need to enter the last name of the mailer recipient. This is the standard procedure.

Correct, however I haven't seen anyone mention the "non-transferable " language being in the email offer. Another member of my churn club just reported receiving same offer with same language. He applied(changing name on application page) and received normal 7-10 day response. Sounds encouraging.

flyer4512 Sep 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by pf815 (Post 31536523)
Correct, however I haven't seen anyone mention the "non-transferable " language being in the email offer. Another member of my churn club just reported receiving same offer with same language. He applied(changing name on application page) and received normal 7-10 day response. Sounds encouraging.

Lower CL's on your Citi cards to 2k after the spend is met/balance at zero and cancel older cards. Doing so can often turn those 7 -10 day responses in IA.

venkallu Sep 17, 2019 10:11 pm

One thing I noticed is the newly opened AA acounts received 50k Miles for $2500 spend whereas older accounts with miles got the 60k miles for $3000 spend and the title on the later says One of the highest offer...

bobert24 Sep 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by venkallu (Post 31536640)
One thing I noticed is the newly opened AA acounts received 50k Miles for $2500 spend whereas older accounts with miles got the 60k miles for $3000 spend and the title on the later says One of the highest offer...

When you say "older accounts with miles", do you mean a few miles earned through the shopping portal or something similar?

Is this consistent with what others who who received the 60k offer are seeing? Older accounts and/or accounts that actually have a few miles got 60k?

flyer4512 Sep 17, 2019 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by venkallu (Post 31536640)

The account I opened in July 2019 with zero miles received the 60K offer today

allthem Sep 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 31536586)
Lower CL's on your Citi cards to 2k after the spend is met/balance at zero and cancel older cards. Doing so can often turn those 7 -10 day responses in IA.

Just to provide a little more information on this to anyone who may be curious, the flip point for instant approval vs pending seems to be whether or not they can extend you at least the minimum credit limit and keep your total credit extended to less than ~25% of your gross income. I've run some experiments on my last few cards, and the results have been fairly consistent in that the flip point is around 25% after issuing the card:

pending at 28% of income (standard CL)
pending at 26% of income (standard CL)
pending at 25% of income (standard CL)
Instant approval at 21% of income (lower CL than standard)
Instant approval at 18% of income (standard CL)
Instant approval at 17.5% of income (standard CL)

flyguy6 Sep 18, 2019 4:12 am

Good to see the mailers haven't stopped for others. I haven't received any recently and was getting concerned.

GH83 Sep 18, 2019 7:53 am

A 50k/$2500 emailer arrived here as well.

Robl Sep 18, 2019 8:44 am

No emailers in my accounts that used to get physical mailers. You guys have convinced me to create new accounts for family members.

bobert24 Sep 18, 2019 9:19 am

Originally Posted by allthem (Post 31536816)
Just to provide a little more information on this to anyone who may be curious, the flip point for instant approval vs pending seems to be whether or not they can extend you at least the minimum credit limit and keep your total credit extended to less than ~25% of your gross income. I've run some experiments on my last few cards, and the results have been fairly consistent in that the flip point is around 25% after issuing the card:

pending at 28% of income (standard CL)
pending at 26% of income (standard CL)
pending at 25% of income (standard CL)
Instant approval at 21% of income (lower CL than standard)
Instant approval at 18% of income (standard CL)
Instant approval at 17.5% of income (standard CL)

I hate to destroy your theory, but our last 2 instant approvals came at 55% and ~65% of our stated income, with limits way above the minimum. It's a good theory, but there usually ends up being more to it than that. One factor that plays into it definitely appears to be how long it's been since your last card.

Then again, there's every chance that it varies by person. So maybe the % of income is a larger factor for you than for others. Or it's possible that the maximum credit they're willing to automatically extend to you just so happens to be right about 25% of your income. Who knows. You're definitely on the right track to be keeping up with the total amount of credit they'll extend you, though.

AugustWest Sep 18, 2019 9:40 am

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 31535582)
Excellent. Hopefully yours will be the first of many data points showing that the rules of 12-digit mailers have changed.

It sounds like you've been on a pretty regular schedule, but for reference, approximately how long has it been since your last application/approval? I know some of us are a little behind because of the mailer drought. Just wondering if that timing has anything to do with the auto approval.

I have been right on schedule 2/65 religiously. My mailers from late spring tided me through early August and these ones appeared right on time. My schedule is a bit compressed with 2 coming about a week apart. I really should stretch it out to every 33, but I cannot seem to break my habit!

PresskittJon Sep 18, 2019 10:23 am

Originally Posted by bobert24 (Post 31538111)
I hate to destroy your theory, but our last 2 instant approvals came at 55% and ~65% of our stated income, with limits way above the minimum. It's a good theory, but there usually ends up being more to it than that. One factor that plays into it definitely appears to be how long it's been since your last card.

Then again, there's every chance that it varies by person. So maybe the % of income is a larger factor for you than for others. Or it's possible that the maximum credit they're willing to automatically extend to you just so happens to be right about 25% of your income. Who knows. You're definitely on the right track to be keeping up with the total amount of credit they'll extend you, though.

Yeah it seems like more and more people on here (and my small sample size of 3 people) started getting instant approvals the past few months after not being instantly approved for nearly a year. Why? No clue. But seems like an overall trend vs. highly individualized.

cb11 Sep 18, 2019 10:59 am

Interesting, as above my relative's new account that had never used an emailer got a $2500/50k offer.

Each of my other relative's accounts, each of whom had used an invite in the past, haven't received anything.

Oh well, only need one every 33 days anyway.

bigshooter Sep 18, 2019 11:15 am

Still no emailers to me or the two other family members residing at my house. In fact one of them never even received physical mailers...

GH83 Sep 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Robl (Post 31537952)
No emailers in my accounts that used to get physical mailers. You guys have convinced me to create new accounts for family members.

My older account that received print mailers has not received any emailers. I'd definitely sign up for new accounts.

fredc84 Sep 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 31539065)
My older account that received print mailers has not received any emailers. I'd definitely sign up for new accounts.

Agreed. We had two accounts that were getting paper mailers that have never gotten an emailer. The newest family member who just signed up after the papers dried up got an emailer with this batch.

rover4618 Sep 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by GH83 (Post 31539065)

Might wanna try just logging into your old AA accounts.

My relatives after they initially opened new AA accounts signed on but after that never signed on again and though they regularly received mailers non ever got any emailer's .... until last week....

On a hunch one of them signed onto their account last week and yesterday that account got an emailer so now all relatives are gonna sign onto their old AA accounst and see what happens.

PresskittJon Sep 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 31539391)

My relatives after they initially opened new AA accounts signed on but after that never signed on again and though they regularly received mailers non ever got any emailer's .... until last week....

On a hunch one of them signed onto their account last week and yesterday that account got an emailer so now all relatives are gonna sign onto their old AA accounst and see what happens.

Emailers came out yesterday for the first time in months for everyone.

PETERPNYC Sep 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by rover4618 (Post 31539391)

Logged into older accounts and all I see is the Advertisement for get 50k after $2500 spend that has the language . Has anyone seen non language Advertisment associated with account .

FYI this is same Advertisement that I see if I log into the accout that received the Emailer .

bobert24 Sep 18, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by AugustWest (Post 31538204)
I have been right on schedule 2/65 religiously. My mailers from late spring tided me through early August and these ones appeared right on time. My schedule is a bit compressed with 2 coming about a week apart. I really should stretch it out to every 33, but I cannot seem to break my habit!

I was actually going to make a suggestion that people try to get away from 1/8/65 and more towards a 1/33/65 schedule. With the way these current emailers are working (expire on the actual expiration date, and new ones don't come out until the old ones expire), you're probably not going to have more than 1 (per account) that works at any given time. Since the emailers have tended to come out one per month, and be good for about a month, you're pretty much forced into applying no more than once per month.

Of course, if you have more emailers than you do players, that would change things a bit. Assuming you continue to reliably get extra emailers.

bobert24 Sep 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon (Post 31539517)

Some people had actually been getting them every month.

eMailer Sent 4/4-Expiration 5/6
eMailer Sent 5/7-Expiration 6/5
eMailer Sent 6/6-Expiration 6/30
eMailer Sent 7/16-Expiration 8/5
eMailer Sent 8/6-Expiration 9/16

rover4618 Sep 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon (Post 31539517)

Not true

idkmybffjill Sep 18, 2019 4:09 pm

Received an AA mailer with 12-digit code in the name of a former tenant of my apartment.

I'm basically out of luck, right? Can't use it?

And it says "if you are an existing Citi AAdvantage cardmember, you are not eligible for this offer on your existing account"