Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I have 9 nights stay coming up. If I stay for 4 night at hotelA and 5 nights at hotelB, in same city..
Will I get ave. 4th night free benefit TWICE?
In past, I have called in for week long stays and I usually got reimbursed 4th night cost within 1-2 billing cycle. Is that still the case when you call and book hotel or does the statement automatically deducts the 4th night ave. cost?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by desikid
I have 9 nights stay coming up. If I stay for 4 night at hotelA and 5 nights at hotelB, in same city..
Will I get ave. 4th night free benefit TWICE?
In past, I have called in for week long stays and I usually got reimbursed 4th night cost within 1-2 billing cycle. Is that still the case when you call and book hotel or does the statement automatically deducts the 4th night ave. cost?
If you make 2 separate bookings then you can get the free night twice.

Even when you call now they will give you the avg cost for the free night. When you get reimbursed depends on when you pay, either at booking or checkout. I think the process is a faster now, around a week or less after the payment is made.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Want the best rate? CALL, don't book via portal or email

Planning a long leisure weekend on Maui over President's weekend 2018, sent an email with specifics, a rate found on booking.com, advising AAA rate eligibility. While not surprised the agent was unable to match the booking.com rate, she instead booked the rack rate - which was $70 more (per night) than the nonrefundable rate shown on the property website, $81 more than the AAA refundable rate - latter was only $16 more than the booking.com rate. I sent an email back to cancel the reservation, slammed the transaction in the included survey, then called Connexions number, where a friendly agent booked the rates shown on the website, confirmed eligibility for the 4th night free benefit.

Experience yet again confirms that the Citi website travel portal and email "concierge" reservation service are NOT the same as the phone agents. If you are looking for the best rate, are attempting to apply a corporate or other special code: pick up the phone and call.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Experience yet again confirms that the Citi website travel portal and email "concierge" reservation service are NOT the same as the phone agents. If you are looking for the best rate, are attempting to apply a corporate or other special code: pick up the phone and call.
+1

Unless you have lots of time before you need to book and no free time to call immediately, calling is 100 times better than email or website. The other two are "conveniences" although sometimes have been more trouble than theyre worth.

A phone agent can and will book your reservation immediately. Email often takes 2 days for the first response, which is often going to be wrong, unless you wanted the best flexible rate (always their default). Then you have to do the back and forth for several more days to get it correct.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by baroqen
+1

Unless you have lots of time before you need to book and no free time to call immediately, calling is 100 times better than email or website. The other two are "conveniences" although sometimes have been more trouble than theyre worth.

A phone agent can and will book your reservation immediately. Email often takes 2 days for the first response, which is often going to be wrong, unless you wanted the best flexible rate (always their default). Then you have to do the back and forth for several more days to get it correct.
The website is absolute garbage, definitely avoid at all cost.

E-mail is fine if the rate you want is straight forward, visible on the website, no special code required, etc. Last time I e-mailed for a res, it was booked and confirmed within a couple hours.

Calling is the best if you're looking to use any special promos that require more than just clicking on the website.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just made a rez at a non-chain hotel on the site and it seemed pretty straightforward. Four nights for the price of three.

Am I missing any benefits by going that way? Since it's a one-off hotel, there are no elite benefits or anything. If I booked through Virtuoso, I'd get breakfast, but the fourth night is worth more than breakfast for all four for two people (and this way, I won't feel obligated to eat breakfast there).
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I just made a rez at a non-chain hotel on the site and it seemed pretty straightforward. Four nights for the price of three.

Am I missing any benefits by going that way? Since it's a one-off hotel, there are no elite benefits or anything. If I booked through Virtuoso, I'd get breakfast, but the fourth night is worth more than breakfast for all four for two people (and this way, I won't feel obligated to eat breakfast there).
It depends on the hotel. You should always double check the Citi website against what's on the hotel's website. For example, I recently looked up a hotel in Asia, and the hotel's website had a special rate with breakfast that was not shown on the Citi website at all. So I ended up booking via e-mail.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very good call. There is more on the hotel's site. I'll email.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:50 pm
fjk

Has anyone been able to book a hyatt rate with points-paid club upgrade?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
They don't book rates where they are required to login as you which you would need if any WoH redemption is required.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: N/A
Can anyone kindly share which hotel promotions this may still work for?

The only one I was aware of was the Ritz Carlton's buy 3 get 4 nights free which effectively lowered the rate of all 4 rooms, and in turn allowing the stacking of the prestige benefit.

Does this still work and what other programs have similar promotions?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by JBG89
Can anyone kindly share which hotel promotions this may still work for?

The only one I was aware of was the Ritz Carlton's buy 3 get 4 nights free which effectively lowered the rate of all 4 rooms, and in turn allowing the stacking of the prestige benefit.

Does this still work and what other programs have similar promotions?

It depends on the rate. It has be a base rate for that room. Some packages that Ritz Carlton offer, includes other items (i.e. valet parking and etc), which is higher than base rate, but still cheaper than paying for another night. Prestige won't accept that.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone found the online portal to be excruciatingly slow and buggy? Is there a better way to search for qualifying hotels?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Polytonic
... for qualifying hotels?
There's really no need to search. Essentially all hotels qualify. We have a document that mentions the exceptions. I'll look for it.

It's HERE now:

The following property types, among others, are excluded from qualification: rooms in yachts, riverboats, cruises, campgrounds, castles, safaris, villas, and apartments.

Last edited by mia; Oct 19, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently hotels that are also timeshares are similarly exclude. In my case, that's the Hyatt Residences Maui.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.