Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 19, 7:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 12, 17, 11:49 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bay area, CA
Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Posts: 175
I have 9 nights stay coming up. If I stay for 4 night at hotelA and 5 nights at hotelB, in same city..
Will I get ave. 4th night free benefit TWICE?
In past, I have called in for week long stays and I usually got reimbursed 4th night cost within 1-2 billing cycle. Is that still the case when you call and book hotel or does the statement automatically deducts the 4th night ave. cost?
desikid is offline  
Old Oct 13, 17, 8:21 am
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by desikid View Post
I have 9 nights stay coming up. If I stay for 4 night at hotelA and 5 nights at hotelB, in same city..
Will I get ave. 4th night free benefit TWICE?
In past, I have called in for week long stays and I usually got reimbursed 4th night cost within 1-2 billing cycle. Is that still the case when you call and book hotel or does the statement automatically deducts the 4th night ave. cost?
If you make 2 separate bookings then you can get the free night twice.

Even when you call now they will give you the avg cost for the free night. When you get reimbursed depends on when you pay, either at booking or checkout. I think the process is a faster now, around a week or less after the payment is made.
jbeans is offline  
Old Oct 14, 17, 7:58 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: La Jolla, Ca
Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Posts: 2,955
Want the best rate? CALL, don't book via portal or email

Planning a long leisure weekend on Maui over President's weekend 2018, sent an email with specifics, a rate found on booking.com, advising AAA rate eligibility. While not surprised the agent was unable to match the booking.com rate, she instead booked the rack rate - which was $70 more (per night) than the nonrefundable rate shown on the property website, $81 more than the AAA refundable rate - latter was only $16 more than the booking.com rate. I sent an email back to cancel the reservation, slammed the transaction in the included survey, then called Connexions number, where a friendly agent booked the rates shown on the website, confirmed eligibility for the 4th night free benefit.

Experience yet again confirms that the Citi website travel portal and email "concierge" reservation service are NOT the same as the phone agents. If you are looking for the best rate, are attempting to apply a corporate or other special code: pick up the phone and call.
diver858 is offline  
Old Oct 17, 17, 10:39 pm
  #154  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by diver858 View Post
Experience yet again confirms that the Citi website travel portal and email "concierge" reservation service are NOT the same as the phone agents. If you are looking for the best rate, are attempting to apply a corporate or other special code: pick up the phone and call.
+1

Unless you have lots of time before you need to book and no free time to call immediately, calling is 100 times better than email or website. The other two are "conveniences" although sometimes have been more trouble than theyre worth.

A phone agent can and will book your reservation immediately. Email often takes 2 days for the first response, which is often going to be wrong, unless you wanted the best flexible rate (always their default). Then you have to do the back and forth for several more days to get it correct.
baroqen is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 8:18 am
  #155  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by baroqen View Post
+1

Unless you have lots of time before you need to book and no free time to call immediately, calling is 100 times better than email or website. The other two are "conveniences" although sometimes have been more trouble than theyre worth.

A phone agent can and will book your reservation immediately. Email often takes 2 days for the first response, which is often going to be wrong, unless you wanted the best flexible rate (always their default). Then you have to do the back and forth for several more days to get it correct.
The website is absolute garbage, definitely avoid at all cost.

E-mail is fine if the rate you want is straight forward, visible on the website, no special code required, etc. Last time I e-mailed for a res, it was booked and confirmed within a couple hours.

Calling is the best if you're looking to use any special promos that require more than just clicking on the website.
jbeans is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 11:35 am
  #156  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,599
I just made a rez at a non-chain hotel on the site and it seemed pretty straightforward. Four nights for the price of three.

Am I missing any benefits by going that way? Since it's a one-off hotel, there are no elite benefits or anything. If I booked through Virtuoso, I'd get breakfast, but the fourth night is worth more than breakfast for all four for two people (and this way, I won't feel obligated to eat breakfast there).
josephstern is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 12:08 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by josephstern View Post
I just made a rez at a non-chain hotel on the site and it seemed pretty straightforward. Four nights for the price of three.

Am I missing any benefits by going that way? Since it's a one-off hotel, there are no elite benefits or anything. If I booked through Virtuoso, I'd get breakfast, but the fourth night is worth more than breakfast for all four for two people (and this way, I won't feel obligated to eat breakfast there).
It depends on the hotel. You should always double check the Citi website against what's on the hotel's website. For example, I recently looked up a hotel in Asia, and the hotel's website had a special rate with breakfast that was not shown on the Citi website at all. So I ended up booking via e-mail.
jbeans is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 12:15 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,599
Very good call. There is more on the hotel's site. I'll email.
josephstern is offline  
Old Oct 18, 17, 10:50 pm
  #159  
fjk
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 18
Has anyone been able to book a hyatt rate with points-paid club upgrade?
fjk is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 6:12 am
  #160  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Posts: 11,501
They don't book rates where they are required to login as you which you would need if any WoH redemption is required.
seawolf is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 12:53 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Programs: N/A
Posts: 676
Can anyone kindly share which hotel promotions this may still work for?

The only one I was aware of was the Ritz Carlton's buy 3 get 4 nights free which effectively lowered the rate of all 4 rooms, and in turn allowing the stacking of the prestige benefit.

Does this still work and what other programs have similar promotions?
JBG89 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 2:26 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by JBG89 View Post
Can anyone kindly share which hotel promotions this may still work for?

The only one I was aware of was the Ritz Carlton's buy 3 get 4 nights free which effectively lowered the rate of all 4 rooms, and in turn allowing the stacking of the prestige benefit.

Does this still work and what other programs have similar promotions?

It depends on the rate. It has be a base rate for that room. Some packages that Ritz Carlton offer, includes other items (i.e. valet parking and etc), which is higher than base rate, but still cheaper than paying for another night. Prestige won't accept that.
dinkoh is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 3:43 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: SEA | LAX | IAD
Programs: SQ, UA, AS
Posts: 332
Has anyone found the online portal to be excruciatingly slow and buggy? Is there a better way to search for qualifying hotels?
Polytonic is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 3:49 pm
  #164  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,600
Originally Posted by Polytonic View Post
... for qualifying hotels?
There's really no need to search. Essentially all hotels qualify. We have a document that mentions the exceptions. I'll look for it.

It's HERE now:

The following property types, among others, are excluded from qualification: rooms in yachts, riverboats, cruises, campgrounds, castles, safaris, villas, and apartments.

Last edited by mia; Oct 19, 17 at 4:04 pm
mia is offline  
Old Oct 19, 17, 4:36 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 7,599
Apparently hotels that are also timeshares are similarly exclude. In my case, that's the Hyatt Residences Maui.
josephstern is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread