Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Depends on hotel.
sorry i meant to say without me present at check-in.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
They can, but will need to call it in.

It would be easier if you'll just explain it upfront to the agent so they can start with calling and not try and find a rate that they cannot see online.
That worked perfectly -- thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
sorry i meant to say without me present at check-in.
That still depends on hotel. Many places match photo id with credit card and as per T&Cs of the program you have to charge the room to the Prestige card.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Learned a lesson yesterday - the concierge seems to be much quicker to respond to new reservation requests than to inquiries about existing reservations.

With cyber-Monday, Marriott had a member exclusive promo rate that was about $50 lower than the rate I had on an existing reservation. I replied to my original booking email from the Concierge at 11 am, asking if they could re-book at the lower rate. Later, at 3 pm, I requested a new reservation for different dates at the same hotel, same requested rate. By 3:30, the new reservation for the new dates was confirmed. But I didn't get a reply to the email on the existing reservation until 6 pm, by which time the rate had gone way up.

I've noticed before that new requests are responded to quicker than messages about existing ones, but this was the first time I had simultaneous requests. Seven hours vs. 30 minutes...

What I should have done is to request a second new reservation for the original dates, and then cancel the first ressie once confirmed. Or for truly time-sensitive requests, the phone may be the way to go...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:31 pm

Can I use the Citi Prestige 4th night benefit for Marriott Associate rate booking?

Traveling with family, someone in my party has the reservation in their name. Can I have Citi concierge call the hotel to ask the hotel to change the booking to my name (i can also qualify for associate rate via family) and keep the associate rate?

The initial booking was made online via marriott website.

would the fact that the concierge 'touched' the existing reservation now qualify me to get the 4th night benefit?

thanks in advance.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:48 pm

don’t try to get the concierge to do something off.
book a new reservation and ask to use the MMF/P code.
if they say no, just book at standard rate.
a few days later, change the reservation at marriott.com yourself to MMF/P.
hope you get the credit after the post stay review.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Can I use the Citi Prestige 4th night benefit for Marriott Associate rate booking?

Traveling with family, someone in my party has the reservation in their name. Can I have Citi concierge call the hotel to ask the hotel to change the booking to my name (i can also qualify for associate rate via family) and keep the associate rate?

The initial booking was made online via marriott website.

would the fact that the concierge 'touched' the existing reservation now qualify me to get the 4th night benefit?

thanks in advance.
The process is setup such that Citi concierge has to book it.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’ve got an award rez for Hyatt for 4 nights and would like to add a second room under Hyatt’s family plan (50% off). Call into Hyatt says I can do this on an award stay for first room. Do you guys think Citi would be able to do this add-on booking under the fourth night free plan?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:26 am

book it in a standard way with Citi.
day or two later, contact Hyatt directly and modify the rate to the family plan rate.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Member

Which may or may not result in reimbursement. They have been auditing some but not all bookings post stay prior to reimbursement.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

the post stay audit confirms if the stay happened, the confirmation number, the method of payment, length of stay, and rate.
i've had stays where I paid less than the Citi quote, due to a self-service change rate, and received the proper reimbursement based upon rate paid.
i've had stays where I paid more that the Citi quote, due to a paid upgrade offer at checkin, and received the Citi reimbursement based upon the higher rate paid.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
Which may or may not result in reimbursement. They have been auditing some but not all bookings post stay prior to reimbursement.
Originally Posted by Colin
the post stay audit confirms if the stay happened, the confirmation number, the method of payment, length of stay, and rate.
i've had stays where I paid less than the Citi quote, due to a self-service change rate, and received the proper reimbursement based upon rate paid.
i've had stays where I paid more that the Citi quote, due to a paid upgrade offer at checkin, and received the Citi reimbursement based upon the higher rate paid.
YES. Thank you seawolf for the fine suggestion and Colin for the evidence. I'll give it a go!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Apologies if this has been asked in the past, but are Citi Prestige agents able to book Hilton Honors exclusive rates (i.e. the discount that Honors members are entitled to) given that you need to be logged into your Honors account to actually book these, as far as I know?
They've been able to do for me in the past. They'll get in touch with someone from Hilton to confirm - I would strongly advise providing them the email you use for your Honors account as they do try to match them up to verify your identity.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Don't use Samsung Pay to check out!

Samsung Pay generates a different last 4 digits than the physical card and this apparently causes problems for them to "match" that you paid with the "same" credit card. As of now, they have no mechanism to solve this (other than an hour call) - but hopefully there will be one in place at some point. I'm not sure if other digital payment methods also generate a different card number, but if so same problem.

Just a warning so you don't have to waste the time I did to get your reimbursement
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by triplefives
They've been able to do for me in the past. They'll get in touch with someone from Hilton to confirm - I would strongly advise providing them the email you use for your Honors account as they do try to match them up to verify your identity.
When I did this the phone agent simply asked for my HHonors number and booked it using that. Easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.