Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by ttsai
I hope this question is not too stupid, but I'm really curious. About the Citi AA card benefit "First checked bag free", is it necessary to book the reservation and pay with Citi AA card?
Don't have to use the actual card itself.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I have seen pre-qualified banner a lot, but I dont believe I have seen a pre-approved. I also believe banks these days DONT pre-approving cards - the approval process does not start until you actually submit an application. Pre-qualify simply means you are qualified to apply a particular offer - some got the 50K some only got the 30K AA. What is interesting is, as beltway pointed out, even having an existing AA card, he now saw the AA offer online. Ditto for my husband though he only sees the 30K, never sees the 50K. This means even with existing AA card, Citi system still says you are pre-qualifed for another AA card... (When you have a Chase UA card, UA website would no longer show you the Ad to apply for an UA card, as an illustration.)
IMO, You see the pre-qualified offer if your account has been upgraded to world elite. Now you no longer have the world card so it's available to you.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by epaairnow
Don't have to use the actual card itself.
So if I use the awards flight ticket, and then present the Citi AA card when I check in at the airport, I will get first checked bag free and priority of boarding. Is this correct?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: AOPA
So if I use the awards flight ticket, and then present the Citi AA card when I check in at the airport, I will get first checked bag free and priority of boarding. Is this correct?
No need to show card, the free bag is linked to your AAdvantage #
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by teddy25
No need to show card, the free bag is linked to your AAdvantage #
Therefore, as long as my Citi AA card is active, the privilege is linked to my AAdvantage account. Now matter how I get my ticket, free or paid by other credit card, I can get free bag and boarding priority. Am I right this time?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AOPA
Therefore, as long as my Citi AA card is active, the privilege is linked to my AAdvantage account. Now matter how I get my ticket, free or paid by other credit card, I can get free bag and boarding priority. Am I right this time?
Yes
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:40 am

Thank you, teddy25. ^
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:51 am

Thank you, teddy25. ^
there are a bunch of reqts, e.g. domestic only, primary is flying, FF# attached to reservation, entire party on same reservations, etc.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...ional/faqs.jsp

there's also a surprising one about it not being valid on last-minute tickets (<7days), but I am not sure since I have no experience with it.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
In my experience, the business card is always approved within 2 days without any intervention. But as you have read in the wiki, business cards are YMMV, so there is no FT consensus recommendation. I recommend waiting 2 days (no e-mail is sent; you have the check the status page) and then calling.
Guys here seems to have PhDs in Credit Card programs!!!

Congratulations, you have been approved for a CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® on 10-10-2015. Your welcome kit and card(s) will arrive in the mail within 2 weeks of the above date at the address you provided. Upon arrival, follow the instructions on the security sticker to confirm receipt and activate your card for immediate use.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Guys here seems to have PhDs in Credit Card programs!!!
I have been getting a business card every 92 days for about 4 years. Getting a PhD takes 5-7 years (or more) at most US universities, so I have a little way to go yet.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard is removing the 3% foreign transaction fee as of Nov 15, 2015
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
I have been getting a business card every 92 days for about 4 years.
WHAT??? I think we need to talk over beer. Do you have a business? are these all Citi Business cards or they are from different banks? If you don't mind sharing your wisdom.

Just like a Garage sale and drugs, MS is a freaking addition. Some are pushing the human limits

Last edited by nfpa70e; Oct 10, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
Do you have a business? are these all Citi Business cards or they are from different banks?
Sole proprietorship. I always list revenue=0. Only Citi cards. It will stop working one day.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope this question is not too stupid, but I'm really curious. About the Citi AA card benefit "First checked bag free", is it necessary to book the reservation and pay with Citi AA card? If I use the sign-up bonus miles to redeem my air ticket, do I get 1 free checked bag?
No, what happens is that having the Citi AA card sets a "flag" in your AA account saying "this person has a Citi AA card", and when AA sees that flag, it waives the fee on the 1st checked bag. So it's associated with your AA account, not with your payment method.

But since the same card gives you 2x AA miles on AA purchases, and since every AA miles redemption always carries some fees (at a minimum, a few dollars for a domestic redemption), why not use the same card to pay for the fees on the award redemption in any case?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Citi Platinum Select World Mastercard is removing the 3% foreign transaction fee as of Nov 15, 2015
And, presumably, so is the World Elite version.

(And it was announced weeks ago.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.