Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
Is there currently an offer for this card with a signup bonus?

Yes:
  • 50K TYP for $4K spend/3 months, $95 AF waived for first year. Open in private/incognito window for best results.
    • Offer not available if you have opened or closed a Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card in the past 24 months.

Does anybody know when the signup bonus will increase?
    No. Please don't ask in the thread "just to double-check if anybody knows." Nobody knows.
    Can I see the number of TYP earned on an individual purchase?
    No. The best you can do is visit the Account Details page for your card to see how the merchant for a given transaction was categorized.
    What are the bonus categories for the Premier card?
    Effective April 19th, 2015, unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:
    • 3 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, commuter transportation, taxi/limousines, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, time shares, bus lines, motor home/RV rental and boat rentals;
    • 2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants and on select entertainment merchants, including sports promoters, theatrical promoters, movie theaters, amusement parks, tourist attractions, record stores and video rental stores; and
    • 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases.
    Airlines are classified as merchants that provide air travel. Hotels are classified as merchants that provide sleeping or meeting room accommodations, and may include goods and services that are on a bill for these accommodations by a hotel, motel or inn. Car rental agencies are classified as merchants that provide short-term or long-term rentals of cars. Travel agencies are classified as merchants that provide travel information and booking services, and include travel aggregators and tour operators. Gas stations are classified as merchants that sell fuel for consumer use and may or may not be attended. Commuter transportation is classified as merchants that provide suburban and local mass passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, including ferries, commuter railways and subways. Taxis/limousines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation services for hire and includes horse-drawn cabs and carriages, bicycle taxis, aerial tramways, airport shuttles or cable cars. Passenger railways are classified as merchants that primarily provide long-distance transportation and may include overnight accommodations on the train. Cruise lines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation on the open sea or inland waters for the purpose of vacation or pleasure and operate predefined and advertised routes. Bridge and road tolls are classified as merchants who collect fees associated with toll roads, highways and bridges. Parking lots/garages are classified as merchants that provide temporary parking services for automobiles, usually on an hourly, daily or monthly contract or fee basis. Campgrounds and trailer parks are classified as merchants that provide overnight or short-term campsites for recreational vehicles, trailers, campers, or tents. Timeshares are classified as retailers that sell, lease, and rent timeshare real estate and arrange timeshare condominium exchanges. Bus lines are classified passenger bus transportation services that operate on a regular schedule over predetermined routes. Motor home and recreational vehicle rentals are classified as merchants that rent motor homes, RVs, pop-up campers, tent trailers, and other recreational vehicles on a daily, short-term, or extended-term basis. Boat leases and boat rentals are classified as merchants that primarily provide boat rental and leasing services, including fishing boats, non-crew houseboats, sail boats, powerboats, jet skis, and yachts.

Restaurants are classified as dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for takeout, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Sports promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional), and may also include sports stadiums. Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and include ticketing agencies. Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions. Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows. Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists. Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online record stores. Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.

We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores.
    You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.

If you do not already have a ThankYou Rewards Member Account ("ThankYou Member Account"), one will be set up for you. ThankYou Points earned from purchases post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer the ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. (Bonus ThankYou Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your Card Account.) ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current.
    What happens to my TY points if I close my card account?
Print Wikipost

Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Link to Existing TYP account

For those of you already have existing TYP account, how do you link the new card to the existing TYP account?

Does it automatically show up in your existing TYP account A Few Days after it is being activated?

Or, you need to manually perform the Add Citi Account function to link it?

Currently the new card does not show up as a Sponsored Account, and is not recognized by the TYP site as a valid Citi Account to be added...

On the phone with Tech Support now who does not seem to know what is wrong.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by Happy
For those of you already have existing TYP account, how do you link the new card to the existing TYP account?

Does it automatically show up in your existing TYP account A Few Days after it is being activated?

Currently the new card does not show up as a Sponsored Account, and is not recognized by the TYP site as a valid Citi Account to be added...

Also interested to know this.

Additionally, what CLs have persons here been getting upon approval? Mine was around $9k and that is a lot lower than what the Exec has been approving me for. My total Citi exposure was around $15k before this card, which is the lowest it has been in a long time.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by starbuk

Additionally, what CLs have persons here been getting upon approval? Mine was around $9k and that is a lot lower than what the Exec has been approving me for. My total Citi exposure was around $15k before this card, which is the lowest it has been in a long time.
Yeah, I got a lower CL than I ever got for an EXEC too. $8K on my Prestige, vs my usual $15K on an EXEC.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
They offered to open my Premier with $2000 and would only allow me to move a max of $6600 even though I wanted to move $10,000 from an executive card that had $17,000 on it
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:12 pm

Does anyone have an idea how long this offer will last? I would like to apply for it, but would prefer waiting a little awhile if it is going to be around.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:43 pm

Just got denied for this card, how do i find out why? it just said they after consideration they are unable to approve and will send a letter.

did not violate the date rules.

also is there anyway to reconsider this with Citi?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:05 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by James Ben
Just got denied for this card, how do i find out why? it just said they after consideration they are unable to approve and will send a letter.

did not violate the date rules.

also is there anyway to reconsider this with Citi?
I bet the answer is in the letter
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by NDN
I bet the answer is in the letter
Thanks Sherlock
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
"Your application is pending further review and we need additional information from you. Please call 1-866-606-2787 now to receive an immediate decision."

I just rang the number and they are currently closed. Does anyone know their hours of operation?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Just phoned again-- the rep said there was nothing to confirm and I will get an answer within 7 business days.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by hightide
Just phoned again-- the rep said there was nothing to confirm and I will get an answer within 7 business days.
Whenever they say that I always call back and ask them if there is anything else I can provide to expedite. Always seem to find someone who pushes it through and I have never had to wait the xx days.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called the number on the back of the card, and was given another 800 number to call TYP. This one got a rep based in Jacksonville, versus overseas.

She could see the card on the card side, but could not see it on the TYP side. She had to check with her supervisor, then came back to tell me this was a system glitch. Once the card has earned TYPs, it would get assigned a TYP ID which they can see (but we may not). Then they can merge the new ID with the existing ID. Until that happens, nothing would make the new TYP card shows up under the existing TYP ID.

We could have met the spend in 2 days before the short cycle statement date of Jul 6th as we have 2 large cruise payments to make. But I am going to hold off the payments and let the first statement closes with the couple hundreds airline fees. It is better to only have 1000 TYPs have no home to go to, then to have 56500 TYPs floating inside Citi's blackhole.

Oh yeah, the Premier card CL is 4.5K lower than the previous 5 or 6 Citi cards (HH and AA) which all have identical CLs.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:06 am

Has anyone found gas stations that have Visa cards that can be loaded up to $500? I stopped by my BP near me today and was surprised they didn't carry any gift cards.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:39 am

Called the number on the back of the card, and was given another 800 number to call TYP. This one got a rep based in Jacksonville, versus overseas.

She could see the card on the card side, but could not see it on the TYP side. She had to check with her supervisor, then came back to tell me this was a system glitch. Once the card has earned TYPs, it would get assigned a TYP ID which they can see (but we may not). Then they can merge the new ID with the existing ID. Until that happens, nothing would make the new TYP card shows up under the existing TYP ID.

We could have met the spend in 2 days before the short cycle statement date of Jul 6th as we have 2 large cruise payments to make. But I am going to hold off the payments and let the first statement closes with the couple hundreds airline fees. It is better to only have 1000 TYPs have no home to go to, then to have 56500 TYPs floating inside Citi's blackhole.

Oh yeah, the Premier card CL is 4.5K lower than the previous 5 or 6 Citi cards (HH and AA) which all have identical CLs.
^ thanks
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Still waiting for ANY TY points to post--including 50k sign-up bonus. What gives?

I got the Citi Premier ThankYou card in early June. I spent over $4700 in the first few weeks, ensuring that I spent the $3k required to earn the 50k bonus TY points. To date, I've paid off the card in full (as of June 17, which posted online), and yet I still have received no TY points at all.

When can I expect those points and the bonus 50k to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.